What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Upset with the community.

Caboose

Recently it has come to my attention that one of my best friends who also plays on the server has become a central point for barrage of hate over the past week or so.

The said person I will not mention as this will only, I feel, worsen things for them.

Now the reason for my post is that I have seen an effect on my friend which has impacted him greatly in ways that someone should not have to feel. This being emotions of self doubt, sadness and anger towards those that he may have called friends within the community. It all came to light when he had told me about a video he had posted in which he killed people within this server and another, only to be met with the ratings on the video being destroyed and comments that literally were meaningless and hateful.

But what I didn't expect is that members of the community had spread false information around other players and in teamspeak most of what I heard was down right disrespectful and rude. This is totally unacceptable and things like witch hunting and rumour spreading are unacceptable on this server. Thankfully to my knowledge my friend hasn't been in the channels where hateful things have been said, but especially those people who say are his 'friends' would go behind his back and say things is beyond me. 

Things brings me to my main point.

Firstly the #1 rule that you encounter when reading server rules;

(1.1) Bullying is punished by a permanent ban without appeal.

Above every other rule on the server I feel this to be of the most importance, as in todays age, people often use the internet as a means to slag people off and know that they cant be found due to no one knowing your identity through a computer screen. A good saying is that if you have nothing better to say, dont say it at all. Now to this day this stands true on both internet and in real life, as the last thing that people need is someone else making them feel as if they dont belong and that they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy themselves.

And do know, that if you are caught bullying you will have no place within the community, no-one will think you are cool and the admins will have no problem removing you and your toxic behaviour away from this community.

My second point is this question. 

Who are you to ruin someone elses fun?

And that itself I will leave as a rhetorical question as it does not need explaining to those who know the difference between right and wrong and if you do find yourself struggling to answer it I highly suggest you go away and think about where you went wrong in order for that to happen.

And on my final note I would like to add that the reason most of us come onto our computers is to get away from all the bullshit of real life, me included, as at most times it is stressful and dull and we like to take advantage of those nice things in life that we have. So please think twice before spreading rumours and hating people online who havent done anything to deserve hate. Because who knows, if you choose to not be that person then you may just become their friend one day (cliche but true).

Rant over.

Caboose.

@Caboose I am currently away from home for a short weekend away. However, i would really appreciate it if you give me a little PM via the forums. Explaining what has happened, and the information you have. 

I do feel for anyone who has been bullied and we will take any appropriate action if proof is provided HOWEVER generalisations are also not a nice thing either. When you say you are "upset with the community" what you mean is you are upset with certain individuals here. We as a community will ALWAYS deal with any bullying complaints appropriately. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I do feel for anyone who has been bullied and we will take any appropriate action if proof is provided HOWEVER generalisations are also not a nice thing either. When you say you are "upset with the community" what you mean is you are upset with certain individuals here. We as a community will ALWAYS deal with any bullying complaints appropriately. 
Sorry, I wasnt trying to generalise. Cant edit the topic, but its clear im not talking as a whole :)

Back