What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

VDM clarification needed - Server Rules

Singh

Hi,

As you can probably tell, I'm new to ALUK and actually new to ARMA itself. Have been playing for just over a week now and love the RP and community. I have also read and reread the rules and scoured the forums for answers, so apologise in advance if this particular question has already been asked and answered.

The scenario I can't get my head around is as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and some friends are filling your trucks with apples (doctors orders), and suddenly are all told to put your hands up or die.  After a few seconds at least one of your buddies is already dead. Instantly you jump into your truck and try to escape.

However in your attempts to escape you realise you are surrounded, bullets are coming from all directions. As you steam ahead you see one of the attackers laying directly in your path.  He's busy emptying his magazine into your windscreen and has no intention of moving out of the way.  You know you'll be dead any second because half your buddies are already in pools of blood, so do you:

A: run him over

B: do not run him over, just face your doom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realise a lot of people will scream VDM at option A and this is why I'm asking for clarification. Server rules clearly state that it is a bannable offence to VDM "for fun", however this scenario was clearly not for fun.  You and your buddies will all die and the enemy will steal your HEMTT's full of apples...

The clarification I would like is the point about VDM for fun.  Server rules state the following in exact wording:

RULE 5 VDM = Instant Ban (We have a anti VDM script however running people over for run is banable and considered VDM)
To clarify it is obvious the "for run" part is a typo as the exact same line in Rule 4A states "for fun", however what is the VDM ruling when it is clearly not for fun but rather a matter of life and death.

And finally, yes faced with the above dilemma, I did not pick option B and the situation was slightly different in that it wasn't apples we were picking.  I did get a telling off from my gang and I do want to apologise to the guy who ended up under my truck.  If this disclosure means I get the instant ban hammer, then so be it, however again, neither the scenario nor the actual events were for fun!

Would appreciate some form of official response on this so that there is clear definition of VDM. I do not wish to be labelled a dirty player nor do I wish my gangs reputation to be tarnished by my actions.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Sovereign for the update.  It would be wise to update official rules and remove the "for fun" part as it's very misleading.

Also you might want to update your own post as not all situations of vehicles running over players end in death...unless of course you are stating if the person being run over does not die, it means it is not VDM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back