What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Vehicle Dealerships Selling by Manufacturer Rather than Category

Teej McGee

I've been looking more into this and want to open the discussion of possibility of this.

Following the import situation, it feels as if some, if not almost all, Dealerships are suffering from the locally manufactured selection of vehicles available, either due to a stale choice or not a lot in those categories, Coupes being a prime example.

I believe having Dealerships selling motors by Manufacturer could be the beginning of freshening things up for both RP and sales of dealerships fairly. There are an estimated 62 different local GTA vehicle manufacturers, with an estimate 699 currently available vehicles (this includes emergency and aircraft categories). There is an estimate of around 14 different dealerships (I have included Government for sales of Flatbeds etc).

This could create an interesting dynamic should Government or Staff wish to judge and determine who signs with which Manufacturer and sells their motors. Perhaps Dealerships could attempt to bid somehow or make cases to which Manufacturers they wish to sell for (it gives owners old and new an opportunity to play with their vehicle taste and passion).This also makes sense for places such as Benefactor to sell Benefactor manufactured vehicles.

Not only this but then it would allow each dealership to hold a 'signature' motor, or at least a potential Super category vehicle. This may help with eventual life of the dealership through revenue.

There may also be dealerships that could negate this and be an exception to the rule, such as Bosh's, LS Air or even Hardwick whom might seek to only sell specific categories, which I am sure if deeply desired could be accommodated. 

Each Dealership could then make the choices/selection of what Manufacturers they wish to work with and sell. There could be a rule regarding the total amount of vehicles each are allowed at their disposal as an accumulative, i.e. either a Dealerships sells Declasse Motors which hold 53, or sells 5 different Manufacturers that has a total of 53 put together.

Government could then suggest a limit further in an attempt to control exclusivity, e.g. each month a rotation is made as to the amount of what can be sold. Let's say Declasse again, which has access to 53 different vehicles. If government puts a limit that only 20 or 25 of those 53 can be sold each month (quantities varying), then that creates an exclusivity per month of what goes on sale at each dealership. 

I did start a database trying to work these out for future potential and i'd love to expand on the possibility of this or work with those more knowledgeable to investigate this further.

(This has been extremely wordy, my apologies, however I understand the potential complexity and there's a lot to consider. Similarly to Teej McGee, I also ramble.)

Thanks for reading!

Back