What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Vehicle Repair

Avion Solar

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
So this is something I have been thinking about for a bit and I will break this suggestion down into 2 Sections:
1. Time it takes to repair a vehicle at the side of the road;
2. How much damage can be repaired at the side of the road;

Vehicle Repair Times
I believe that vehicles can be repaired at the side of the road far too quickly. If someone does enough damage to there vehicle that it breaks down then it should take a significant amount of time maybe 1 minute to repair it at the side of the road this would hopefully encourage people to drive more carefully and when it came to police pursuits or people trying to run away from rival gangs stop them just being able to jump out of the car after it has broken down quickly repair it and keep driving. Likewise, the individuals who are doing the chasing would have to be careful as if they crash and damage their own vehicle then they would lose whoever they are pursuing.

Roadside Damage Repair
Let us look at RTC's in real life if you have an RTC and this results in your vehicle breaking down it is unlikely that you will be able to fully repair your vehilce. With a tool kit, you might be able to get it in a condition that it can be drivable so that you get to a garage. If a mechanic was contacted they may be able to provide some spare parts tyres ext and this would make it run a bit better but not everthing wouldbe able to re repaired at the side of the road. Thus im suggesting that roadside repairs be limited:
Toolkits - These would allow a vehicle to drive up to 30mph once used however would not repair tyres
Mechanic Repair Kits - These would allow a vehicle to drive normally again however it would break down easily if involved in a collision
Body Repair Kits - Work as they do now
The only way to get a vehicle to full repair would be to visit a garage weather that be Bennies, Los Santos Customs, AE, Flywheels, Tire nuts ect.
Further to this I would suggest that Mechanic and Body repair kits be locked to use by registered mechanics encouraging people to call them out if they need a repair.
It is hoped that this would like above improve the quality of driving and create RP opertunaties for mechanics.

PROS
- Higher driving Standards
- More RP for Mechanics

Cons
- Dev work
- People would have to wait for mechanics to attend a location to repair a vehicle

A full service from a mechanic garage uses a Mechanical, Body and Washcloth. By changing the Mechanical kits, you would realistically need devs to implement another repair kit which is specific to garages. Which again, would eventually float into the common market making your change redundant.

While the toolkit repair is realistically quite good, it punishes those who get locals pulling out on them for no reason, or those in the middle of no-where at 3am trying to taxi, with the only people being awake are those who are doing the same thing, chilling out or robbing. All it'd take is one dispatch, and this person- now limited to an extremely slow vehicle, is TC'd, robbed, and likely dumped with little RP.

In essence, I don't think you're wrong in the sense of suggesting something to counter how quickly it takes to repair, you're right, I can get in a police chase, throw you off down one road, get out, repair, and then get back in and make off, but I believe you're making this out a lot easier than it is realistically. You would have to have a 10s lead on the chase to get out and mechanical repair, not including the engine start up time once in the vehicle, and I dont think people should be punished for timing, being smart and generally thinking the current situation theyre through.

Either way, there's a lot of considerations, scope and cons that your suggestion misses, and while I think it'd be good for some level of change, some level of increased mechanic RP, there's a lot of situations as to why a vehicle is damaged, i.e. Locals script, VDM, Racing, Glitching, Lag, etc. All of which shouldn't be punished because very few criminals can pull off a chase-repair.

What I recommend is just, more driving training, Look to your people within police who have proven chase records, (i.e. Adam Busy- mans gets a shout because he is fucking nuts), look at what they do, invent counter RP and training, instead of a change that punishes more at first glance.

Good luck with the suggestion!

So this is something I have been thinking about for a bit and I will break this suggestion down into 2 Sections:
1. Time it takes to repair a vehicle at the side of the road;
2. How much damage can be repaired at the side of the road;

Vehicle Repair Times
I believe that vehicles can be repaired at the side of the road far too quickly. If someone does enough damage to there vehicle that it breaks down then it should take a significant amount of time maybe 1 minute to repair it at the side of the road this would hopefully encourage people to drive more carefully and when it came to police pursuits or people trying to run away from rival gangs stop them just being able to jump out of the car after it has broken down quickly repair it and keep driving. Likewise, the individuals who are doing the chasing would have to be careful as if they crash and damage their own vehicle then they would lose whoever they are pursuing.

Roadside Damage Repair
Let us look at RTC's in real life if you have an RTC and this results in your vehicle breaking down it is unlikely that you will be able to fully repair your vehilce. With a tool kit, you might be able to get it in a condition that it can be drivable so that you get to a garage. If a mechanic was contacted they may be able to provide some spare parts tyres ext and this would make it run a bit better but not everthing wouldbe able to re repaired at the side of the road. Thus im suggesting that roadside repairs be limited:
Toolkits - These would allow a vehicle to drive up to 30mph once used however would not repair tyres
Mechanic Repair Kits - These would allow a vehicle to drive normally again however it would break down easily if involved in a collision
Body Repair Kits - Work as they do now
The only way to get a vehicle to full repair would be to visit a garage weather that be Bennies, Los Santos Customs, AE, Flywheels, Tire nuts ect.
Further to this I would suggest that Mechanic and Body repair kits be locked to use by registered mechanics encouraging people to call them out if they need a repair.
It is hoped that this would like above improve the quality of driving and create RP opertunaties for mechanics.

PROS
- Higher driving Standards
- More RP for Mechanics

Cons
- Dev work
- People would have to wait for mechanics to attend a location to repair a vehicle
I kind of like your suggestion.
But it would have to come with vehicles being way more sturdy and not break down after two scrapes.

A full service from a mechanic garage uses a Mechanical, Body and Washcloth. By changing the Mechanical kits, you would realistically need devs to implement another repair kit which is specific to garages. Which again, would eventually float into the common market making your change redundant.

While the toolkit repair is realistically quite good, it punishes those who get locals pulling out on them for no reason, or those in the middle of no-where at 3am trying to taxi, with the only people being awake are those who are doing the same thing, chilling out or robbing. All it'd take is one dispatch, and this person- now limited to an extremely slow vehicle, is TC'd, robbed, and likely dumped with little RP.

In essence, I don't think you're wrong in the sense of suggesting something to counter how quickly it takes to repair, you're right, I can get in a police chase, throw you off down one road, get out, repair, and then get back in and make off, but I believe you're making this out a lot easier than it is realistically. You would have to have a 10s lead on the chase to get out and mechanical repair, not including the engine start up time once in the vehicle, and I dont think people should be punished for timing, being smart and generally thinking the current situation theyre through.

Either way, there's a lot of considerations, scope and cons that your suggestion misses, and while I think it'd be good for some level of change, some level of increased mechanic RP, there's a lot of situations as to why a vehicle is damaged, i.e. Locals script, VDM, Racing, Glitching, Lag, etc. All of which shouldn't be punished because very few criminals can pull off a chase-repair.

What I recommend is just, more driving training, Look to your people within police who have proven chase records, (i.e. Adam Busy- mans gets a shout because he is fucking nuts), look at what they do, invent counter RP and training, instead of a change that punishes more at first glance.

I don`t think new repair kits need to be implemented. The ones in city are enough. Just some changes need to be made to then.

But if something like this does happen. Please think about the aviators that need mechanic kits to fix their aircrafts

Maybe look at doing something similar to the medical system with the repair kits. Having to do the game for each part of a car. Break it down into Doors, Engine, Chassis etc.

Could implement a way that if you are 100% you only need 2 instead of 3 numbers to be successful

could do it where mechanic and body kits are job locked so only those set as mechanics can use them, then i would say bring back the tyre kits, and make the tyre kits availible to the public to buy as it would be like owning a spare tyre, as for body kits you could make it so that they need to be used more like in the area of a mechanic shop, like now how a mechanic if they care close enougth to say TN they can look at a cars individual health breakdown so have it the same like body and mechanic kits can only be used in these areas also or something such like maybe in X radious to a flatbed/slamtruck

vehicle

I see what you are saying however with regards to locals pulling out most of the time if people were driving at a reasonable speed they should be able to avoid the worst of the damage. Unfortunately bugs and desync are not something that could be accounted for.

In relation to the new repair kits as has been suggested by @Samuel Shire they could be job-locked to mechanics or like the police have with their vehicle repairs established garages and local run garages could have repair functions added that don't use repair kits

In relation to the police pursuit comment thsi is not just about civs during around wildly it is about the police also if there was a greater consequence for them breaking down and maybe losing a suspect because of it instead of a 10 second repair and off at the persuit again. This suggestion is also aimed and improving the driving standards overall by punishing those who drive like maniacs

Back