What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Vending Machines.. (Stavik don't h8)

Jason

The Idea 💡

So, in my random night trawling I found out people can (mainly in North America) own their own vending machines or lease them and then can stock them with their own stock and make profit. They set the prices etc. These might be located in shopping centers, train stations, football stadiums etc.

This had me thinking. Could you have vending machines at certain locations ownable by players - perhaps on a monthly lease system (so people can't buy and abandon them, and some 'fee' of having one). You can then stock them with certain stock (water, chocolate, crisps etc). Nothing fancy - eg you're not selling SMG's or drugs in these. People can then purchase basic items from these and players (and those friends/colleagues allowed access, a bit like shops). 

Ultimately, they're mini shops. But not too much storage. Players restock them not delivery drivers.

The player would have to order the stock perhaps from other stores such as Noble stores, keep excess stock in a container/house and restock when required. The prices are set by them like they are in shops. There shouldn't be too many to avoid shops being knocked out and maybe the shops might have the edge on prices. The locations of them could be away from some shops.

I'm mindful dev work is very heavy, always is and that will never really change. But my idea takes into consideration that I believe the shop system that's already made covers most of the work that would be needed for a vending machine vs a completely new idea.

The Pro's 👍

- Something for players to actively  do
- Roleplay opens up with engagement with other stores/suppliers
- Shop system already exists

The Con's 👎

- Dev Work
- Impact to other stores already selling these items

Balance Changes 🤷‍♂️

Only really imagine some imbalance with the impact on other stores. As long as vending machines don't absolutely take over everywhere, I'm thinking they're more spread out then

Hugeeee +1

Greene Manufacturing would buy/lease at least one and then use existing contacts from their network to stock it (Noble stores on top)

This had me thinking. Could you have vending machines at certain locations ownable by players - perhaps on a monthly lease system (so people can't buy and abandon them, and some 'fee' of having one). You can then stock them with certain stock (water, chocolate, crisps etc). Nothing fancy - eg you're not selling SMG's or drugs in these. People can then purchase basic items from these and players (and those friends/colleagues allowed access, a bit like shops). 
cant lie this would be sick, but id love to see smgs in em lmfaooo

+1 only to give @Staviksome love ❤️

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be very blunt. I fucking hate vending machines. They bring nothing.

In addition to my original reply perhaps they could be used to stock very specific items like Kat-Kit's and Cola general junky food items that don't have an expiration vs fruits which can only be picked up fresh from local shops such as Noble Stores 😛

Would love to see smaller oppurtunities for business that are sort of stepping stones.

Back