What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

VMWare-VMVisor ESXi Installation error

puppy1004

Richest Kavala Hobo
Hello,

I tried to install VMware's VMVisor 6.0.0 but it shows this error upon instalation, it shows after it displays the first Yellow and Grey screen, pls help!

http://i.imgur.com/BStuMSy.png

Any help would be appreciated <3

Edit: Forgot to mention that the machine is a Virtual Machine(Dunno if this matters)

Edit edit: Got it working now, just needed to assign more RAM to the Machine <3(4GB was the minimal requirement)

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiousity, why install ESXi on a VM?

What are you running your VM environment on already?

Out of curiousity, why install ESXi on a VM?

What are you running your VM environment on already?
VMWare Workstation

But I don't see an option to auto-deploy VM's with a pre-defined ISO file, I read that vSphete was capable of doing this so I installed it on a VM 

Hey Puppy, we use vSphere in work with ESXI as well, it's great for auto-deploying VMs.

Firstly i wouldnt recommend installing esxi as a vm itself - it's supposed to be a bare metal hypervisor. It looks like yours is complaining it has no space on the disk  - do you have them thin or thick provisioned? Try putting them in as thick disks so the space is pre-allocated.

As for auto-deploy, we do it by creating 1 VM, then you can convert it to a template, then roll out the template. You'll need another machine for vSphere. We have our ESXI hypervisors, then one of them runs out Virtual Center appliance which vsphere connects to.

sn37IKM.jpg

Hey Puppy, we use vSphere in work with ESXI as well, it's great for auto-deploying VMs.

Firstly i wouldnt recommend installing esxi as a vm itself - it's supposed to be a bare metal hypervisor. It looks like yours is complaining it has no space on the disk  - do you have them thin or thick provisioned? Try putting them in as thick disks so the space is pre-allocated.

As for auto-deploy, we do it by creating 1 VM, then you can convert it to a template, then roll out the template. You'll need another machine for vSphere. We have our ESXI hypervisors, then one of them runs out Virtual Center appliance which vsphere connects to.

Thank you for the advice, I will look into buying a server :D

I have them set to 'Thin Provisioning', ill try to put them in 'Thick Provisioning' but it gives me 2 options(Lazy & Eagered)

HP Make these great little servers, they're around £200, very small, TOTALLY SILENT, they have 1 cpu, can take 4 SATA/SAS disks in raid 0,1,5,10 i think, plus supports and optical/tape drive in the top. Has an internal usb socket too, so you stick ESXI on a usb stick, then you have all 4x HDDS for your VMS etc. I'll see if i can get you a link buddy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-ProLiant-2GB-U-250GB-MicroServer/dp/B005LRCASM

This is the one i was talking about but they've probably been replaced with something new now. They were very very good and versatile! Just supply your own disks for it.

HP Make these great little servers, they're around £200, very small, TOTALLY SILENT, they have 1 cpu, can take 4 SATA/SAS disks in raid 0,1,5,10 i think, plus supports and optical/tape drive in the top. Has an internal usb socket too, so you stick ESXI on a usb stick, then you have all 4x HDDS for your VMS etc. I'll see if i can get you a link buddy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-ProLiant-2GB-U-250GB-MicroServer/dp/B005LRCASM

This is the one i was talking about but they've probably been replaced with something new now. They were very very good and versatile! Just supply your own disks for it.
Amazing, but I think Esxi requirs 4 GB of RAM at minimum?

Also I don't get the 'Template' option when I rightclick on a VM, i only have esxi & VSphere. Anything else you need for auto deployment of servers?

Amazing, but I think Esxi requirs 4 GB of RAM at minimum?

Also I don't get the 'Template' option when I rightclick on a VM, i only have esxi & VSphere. Anything else you need for auto deployment of servers?
You can usually add more ram into them when you buy them, or add more in that you have. It supports ECC memory too which is good.

You might need to set up Virtual Center to allow creation of templates etc. ust set up a small windows vm for it, the you can add in your ESX hosts there, manage the host etc. Like we have an ESXI cluster of 5 servers with all our important stuff running on it, then other ESXI hosts that are seperate running development VMs, environments etc. With the cluster, we can then migrate VMs around the different hosts with basically zero downtime. It's very very cool.

Another good server to check out: Dell PowerEdge T110i tower servers. Also stupidly amazingly quiet, excellent performance, and they're cheap too.

You can usually add more ram into them when you buy them, or add more in that you have. It supports ECC memory too which is good.

You might need to set up Virtual Center to allow creation of templates etc. ust set up a small windows vm for it, the you can add in your ESX hosts there, manage the host etc. Like we have an ESXI cluster of 5 servers with all our important stuff running on it, then other ESXI hosts that are seperate running development VMs, environments etc. With the cluster, we can then migrate VMs around the different hosts with basically zero downtime. It's very very cool.

Another good server to check out: Dell PowerEdge T110i tower servers. Also stupidly amazingly quiet, excellent performance, and they're cheap too.
ill look into it, thanks for the help

Back