What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Voice cutting off and FPS bug

I'm Negan

Hello there,

So I'm having an issue where my voice is cutting off while I'm pushing to talk. It does work initially but about 30mins - 1 hour after playing it cuts off and nobody can hear me. I tab out to check ts and even for TS my voice has cut off. When I tab back into the game I have the 3 fps bug, as far as I know no one else has had this issue who have experienced the fps bug. 

Additionally as a result of this, arma 3 is unable to close down properly, so when I try to restart my pc it won't shut down at all. This leads me to having to hold down the power button until is does so. 

My specs are fine and it has just got back from a service where it underwent, cleaning and pasting followed by brute testing, everything is fine with it. I have now made sure that the battleye executable files are made as exceptions on my firewall just to make sure but wanted to put something up here to see if anyone knew what might be the problem if this isn't it? I will update this post with more once I have tested if this has fixed it for other that may have this problem.

EDIT:

I have now played the game on the server without the ALUK mod pack enabled along with the battle eye on the exceptions in my firewall settings. It cut out again after 30 mins and the fps bug happened straight away. I'm getting desperate to the point I may not be able to play arma again.

I have uninstalled the game, cleared the cache and reinstalled the game again - not worked 

Tried with a microphone from my webcame instead of headset to rule out the microphone on my headset - not worked 

Thank you 

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume your mic works fine outside of ArmA indefinitely, and the issues only occur while playing ArmA?

If so, then it's likely either a driver issue or something with ArmA.

Also, when the issue happens, does your microphone still appear in your windows sound settings under the recording tab? If it shows up, does it still pick up your voice in windows?

That said, I'd try reinstalling your audio drivers and any software your headset has (if any) as a start.

- Marc

I assume your mic works fine outside of ArmA indefinitely, and the issues only occur while playing ArmA?

If so, then it's likely either a driver issue or something with ArmA.

Also, when the issue happens, does your microphone still appear in your windows sound settings under the recording tab? If it shows up, does it still pick up your voice in windows?

That said, I'd try reinstalling your audio drivers and any software your headset has (if any) as a start.

- Marc
The microphone does show up in the sound settings. I will try to reinstall my audio drivers, I'll make a new reply to see if that fixes it tomorrow.

Thanks

Ok so after checking my drivers I have discovered that there were multiple audio drivers installed. It appears they were fighting each other for control of everything to do with audio. This caused the issues, which furthermore caused arma 3 to not close down properly (indicated by steam). This led to my computer not shutting down. To summarize, multiple audio drivers taking control crashed everything through messing up arma 3. 

So for any others here is a step by step guide to fixing this issue:

1. Open start menu
  2. Right-click on computer
  3. Select properties
  4. Go to the device manager on the panel to the left, a list should appear
  5. Drop down the tab named "Sound, video and game controllers
  6. ensure only one audio driver is enabled, e.g. Realtek High Definition Audio
  7. If you want your Nvidia graphics card to manage you will need both NVIDIA High Definition Audio and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device.
Thanks to Marc for mentioning the drivers as it would not have occurred to me to check and would not had led to the discovery of multiple audio drivers being enabled as the problem. 

Back