What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Vpn/Proxy

iYyn

So I'm using geforce now and I've joined the server multiple times successfully while using it, some may know it as a streaming service but ive noticed everytime i joined when there is a admin on i get kicked and its everytime cuz ive joined multiple times using it and so has my friend but its always when a admin is on that i get kicked and i even tried to join the team speak to get help with this and well that did work 

And at this point im kind of fed up with it cuz its been doing this for abour a hour or two and i just just fine 3 seperate times today like i dont quite understand that, and its just this server cuz i can play any other one just fine without that happening 

Screenshot_(2).png

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm using geforce now and I've joined the server multiple times successfully while using it, some may know it as a streaming service but ive noticed everytime i joined when there is a admin on i get kicked and its everytime cuz ive joined multiple times using it and so has my friend but its always when a admin is on that i get kicked and i even tried to join the team speak to get help with this and well that did work 

And at this point im kind of fed up with it cuz its been doing this for abour a hour or two and i just just fine 3 seperate times today like i dont quite understand that, and its just this server cuz i can play any other one just fine without that happening 

View attachment 14177
Sadly VPN or proxys are not allowed on the servers since trolls use to bypass ip bans.

I think your problem is you’re using the streaming service meaning the actual connection to the server will be coming from an external source not yourself (correct me if I’m wrong) it is entirely possible that it’s trying to connect via a VPN if that is the case it’ll explain your kicks. If it’s not the case then I don’t have a clue and maybe the dev team would be more of a help. 

I've been having the same problem recently, I posted a question to the wall and one of the dev team members got in contact with me telling me that i had recently switched to an ip connected with microsoft. He told me that he would look into it and get back with me once it has been fixed. I would recommend getting in contact with the dev team to help you out.

Hope this helps!

-Donnie Stone

Geforce Now and streaming services are still proxies due to how they work.
I've made a (simplified) diagram to show why this is the case.

000oF6rbQamdmbDN5oMREMMFT0iYT4nQ54jwX.png

From our servers, we only see up to where the red line ends. When you play on a streaming service, the connection we see comes from a server in a datacentre owned or rented by the companies offering streaming services, therefore it gets picked up as a VPN/Proxy as a datacentre is clearly not a residential connection.

In order to connect using a streaming service you will need an exemption from the check, which I believe you will need to contact management via email@roleplay.co.uk in order to obtain.

Back