What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Walking Sticks (and other medical items for RP purposes)

qaws

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Los Santos NHS
Los Santos NHS Training
Los Santos Firefighter
Brief Summary:

Making the walking stick either a clothing/non pockets item which can't be stolen or make it forbidden to steal walking sticks, mobility scooters and other medical necessities by rules. If it will be made a clothing item, NHS HCU+ or even just NHS Command can make a whitelisting for it so a person can get it in the clothing store as long as they're whitelisted.

Detailed Suggestion:

I think, for RP purposes, the way medical items like the walking stick and the mobility scooter work at the moment are hard to cope with. One of my characters has a walking stick and is a walking vending machine for crims. It puts a massive target on my back, while I just need it for medical reasons. It takes the NHS 3 days minimum to get me a new one and in that 3 days I am severely handicapped in what I can do. In turn this makes it so I can barely play a character if I properly want to follow the RP. Obviously this is also an RP issue, but when it keeps on happening it gets unfun. Being the target of countless (attempted) robberies just because I have a walking stick that I need gets boring. I understand anything can be stolen but since it is part of someones personality, same way a certain chain that's a clothing item and can't be stolen is, it's something to consider. 

The Pros:

RP created and continued by having a disability with a need for a walking stick or mobility scooter will be nicer. There would be no breaks in which a person would have to RP out not having their medical prop time after time.

The Cons:

The walking stick cannot be stolen and subsequently sold or used by criminals, negating a black market for the walking sticks. This will not apply to mobility scooters since they are a personal vehicle as far as I am aware.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Perhaps the aforementioned market, besides that not really.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to me personally I think it just doesn't make sense in character for gangs and crims to be trying to steal medical stuff like a walking cane. I understand that yeah they sell for alot of money but at the end of the day in rp you're robbing a man for a piece of wood he uses to help him walk around XD

People with walking sticks and other medical stuff that has been given to them through the nhs shouldn't have to feel like they cant even rp their character because having an item like that makes them a target. I feel it has a massive affect on roleplay and stops people being able to roleplay their character in more detail.

+1 , I agree with this, it would be better for it to be a worn item so that people cant be robbed for these and have to wait a few days for HMU 

This idea would help, from hearing your story and the struggle from others. Its hard to keep up this RP and to have the stick stolen is a kick to the nuts. I would like to see these sticks as a bag/ vest/ clothing item rather then saying you can't steal that item. 

hopefully this will give more people the willingness to give some more medical RP a try! 

I have dealt with pete case in RP and it is frustrating as its disturbing mine and his RP over the recovery and tbh i just think it\s bs people would even steal it, you can not do anything with it. also if we had stuff like casts and that i think it would encourage more people to RP NHS and make HCU more intresting

Great ideas mate, totally agree with you also sorry to hear about all the attempted robberies

Back