What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

WAR DEATH = PERMA DEATH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No

perma deaths can be done and/or requested, but in no shape or form should gang wars mean perma death unless agreed by with everyone in said gang war(and good luck with that)

would you think it's fun to join a gang, that is at war with another gang and the first thing that happens is that you get shot in a drive by and have to delete said character?

sure go for it, if you wanna perma death your character after being killed in a gang war, but don't expect everyone else to just go along with it

There's a bigger debate to this title that needs to go on in light of the recent war.

Father Augustus made an honorable observation, a man who's only legitimately roleplayed for a few months. He doesn't want to taint the fantastic roleplay he has done.

The majority of the others? Its OOC time. Every time.

if we went with this as a rule it would be utterly pointless, last time i was in a proper war it was someone initiating it in a car and the rest of the cronies all sat in cars or on bikes with the crosshair perfectly aimed at the head for the insta kill zzzzzzzzzzzz

Now if the Roleplay provided before you are killed (or 9 times out of 10 dumped off the pier) was top notch and you feel it warrants a perma all the power to you, but i will say its actually refreshing to see someone who has become a mainstay on the server and a pillar of quality every time I've had the pleasure of interacting with him considering (dont know if he actually has gone through with it) killing his character off

Charlie you really seem to think everything is around you arm

this is definitely not needed otherwise no one would get into a war. So what father doesn't want to kill himself off. 

a man who's only legitimately roleplayed for a few months
he's rped more than you as he's been here longer

also

Wars have no special rules

wars don't allow to force perma death

wars don't allow RDM server side

Wars don't chnage anything 

yes the gangs can agree on mutual rules

but it's still a issue on server side

I don't agree with the suggestion but I do beleive the server needs something...

Maybe harsher gang war rules. 

The amount of times I've seen people killed on turf for arguing is pathetic like. To many egotistical kids on the server who think they are road men and can't have a laugh an take banter cus "it's there charector brooo" 

When I first joined this city I thought the Rp was class I was basically finding my self in mad situations... Now every one just seems to be aggy 

Gang wars should be monitored and I'm sick of the bullshit that happens in ooc cus every one crys like a little bitch when they die in ooc its boring if ur gnna be in a gang war and cry when ur killed for what ever purpose ur a knob. Just clip it an send it in.   u can't expect good rp when In a gang war cus u can't pull up to people or shit cus every one just wants to KOS  plus somethings probably happened that u don't know about and then blah blah.  and for that reason I never have my chat on.... 

There should be a cool down feature Atleast if ur gang is in a war they can't war again for a period of time... Rules to win a gang war maybe catch a leader or some shit..? .. Other gangs shouldn't get involved unless agreed by leaders and opponents knowing.... 

Even if the wars where at a scheduled time like an event or some shit...  Also the fact that every one likes to drop colours when fighting a gang war is stupid and you should auto lose the war....  One more suggestion. 

If its a gang war an your killed you shouldn't be allowed to re enter the sit regardless change clothes stay out... 

That way they won't last for ever ultimately we are a community a toxic one but still as one we should all want to have a laugh get along and not deep shit... Don't carry shit with u if there's a chance u can lose it. 

I personally hope father Augustus doesn't kill his charector off the church apostles and what he's done for the server has been mental and good fun weddings funerals that kinda shit although my initial idea when I entered the server was to dispose of bodies from gangs etc to make money but nobody seemed interested haha it wasn't maybe something they wanted to rp but anyways.... 

Chilli mate u need to give your head a wobble he's put a suggestion in and your being a bit on aggy side Atleast thats how your comment reads in my eyes... 

I'm heavily against this suggestion for one simple reason:

I do not want to RP as a character for 6+ months to then loose all that progress because I spawned in the turf of the gang I'm part of to just get shot by a sneaky boii with a sniper rifle that's hiding somewhere I can't even see. I would only delete my character if the RP provided was really solid, good, both enjoyed it and we both agree said character will be killed off. I have had RP's where characters got killed off or left the island (both my characters & other people their characters) and have one more coming soon. These RP's were planned out for days, some even weeks to make sure both parties enjoy it, but I honestly can't see the enjoyment in rolling up to someone, shoot them in the head, talk shit to them for 5 minutes whilst dumping them in the ocean and know you've killed off the character.

The only RP I was part of where a character was killed without me helping to plan it is when Fletcher killed his character and I shot him after a long RP which was still enjoyable for both of us. I honestly didn't know he was going to perma kill his character but he still did it in a great way where he made it enjoyable for police, himself & the hostage (I think was TikTak).

So if you want to permakill characters, start thinking about roleplaying instead of waving your gun around 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie you really seem to think everything is around you arm

this is definitely not needed otherwise no one would get into a war. So what father doesn't want to kill himself off. 

he's rped more than you as he's been here longer

also

Wars have no special rules

wars don't allow to force perma death

wars don't allow RDM server side

Wars don't chnage anything 

yes the gangs can agree on mutual rules

but it's still a issue on server side
Brudda you aint got a clue what i've done with my roleplay slow down g

Im all for harsher gang war rules though. No more coalition based wars?

I completely disagree with this.

The first day I joined a gang, there was a war at the church. People dropping left and right because there was a sniper that we couldnt see. It was a massacre. If I had to perma my character there, then I could not have any sort of experience being in a gang (Making guns, selling drugs etc). Imagine first day in a gang and then getting perma. I wouldnt have any chance to RP as a gang member and even if I did make another one and join again, the war still goes on because lets be honest this whole war thing has to change/ have rules set, and I would highly likely just die again and get perma. It would be a vicious cycle and I dont believe there is any fun in that.

I also had the experience of getting kidnapped while in this war. I was alone on turf and all these people showed up, ziptied and blindfolded me, brought me to a secluded place and shot me to death, left me there to bleed out. I stood no chance at all and no one even talked to me. They just wanted a photo of a dead gang member to post on tweedle. Imagine if I had to be perma there. There is no fun at all. The experience of being kidnapped/ taken hostage could've been fun but people just want pics to be posted on tweedle. Thats how the community in the server works right now. 

There are thousands of cases where people say "Put your hands up or i'll shoot", or "Shut the f up or i'll shoot" and like 3 seconds later you die. If you had to be perma there then whats the point? High quality RP would involve LOTS of talking but we all know that not everyone on the server can provide that high quality of RP. 

I disagree.

Ultimately there has to be a balance of fun and roleplay. If I was in a gang that went to war and most of us got wiped out and lost then that could be weeks if not months of work down the drain. Getting mining, smelting skills plus others to see the gang turning over some operations would be gone and the gang would need to somehow recruit from scratch because the old characters have all gone.

To risk having to lose all of that for the sake of one firefight that might last 20 minutes, I just wouldn't partipate. I don't want to come on the server and be running a new character every week and I'm sure I speak for others they would feel the same. In theory the new character would need to have a different direction so you lose many good relationships, your position in a gang.

From what I've heard most enjoyed the fighting the other night. Some maybe not so much but i think those have moved on a bit from any anger or frustration from the night (maybe? I can't say for sure).

You say the title says it all - well, it doesn't. Why is this suggestion important to you? What are the pro's/con's of this in your view? (as per the template you should have filled out)

It was late Jason. I was in the middle of fending off lots of hyenas in the city for a long time with just a deagle. Had to defend every kill through teamspeak and otherwise too.

Do you see where im going with this? Im tired, main roleplayers are bored of the common shit going on inside the city. How's the police right now?

just make the suggestion fit the format now then? problem solved
doesn't take that long

Alright here's my comments

So I used to roleplay back on Habbo Hotel in a HUGE mafia community when I was a kid (And i cringe at it every time) and whenever a commision/faction war happened you would have to rp a PERMADEATH in the events of war. However upon the end of that war  you can come back from a coma-type scenario.

Its very easy for us to make a 3rd or 4th character and just roleplay a civ until the war is over when you get japped. Stops a lot of the crying in my opinion *cough* light blue boiz

It was late Jason. I was in the middle of fending off lots of hyenas in the city for a long time with just a deagle. Had to defend every kill through teamspeak and otherwise too.

Do you see where im going with this? Im tired, main roleplayers are bored of the common shit going on inside the city. How's the police right now?
Consider me - not seeing what exactly happened, I've not seen OOC, I've not seen your stream. You're putting forward a suggestion as a simple sentence and with little context, so you have to appreciate you're not going to get me on side. On the information I can come up with it's 100% a no. It's your opportunity to explain why (if you want to). 

I think if you approached the issue with some better context, put the issue forward and maybe come up with some suggestions towards it that perhaps aren't so dramatic (wiping a character by default of dying in a gang war in my opinion is a huge step to take) then you might not have so many down votes. Appreciate you were probably tired at the end of the situation and not in the mood to type much more, but with so little being raised as the actual issue here is preventing me from being interested at all.

Consider me - not seeing what exactly happened, I've not seen OOC, I've not seen your stream. You're putting forward a suggestion as a simple sentence and with little context, so you have to appreciate you're not going to get me on side. On the information I can come up with it's 100% a no. It's your opportunity to explain why (if you want to). 

I think if you approached the issue with some better context, put the issue forward and maybe come up with some suggestions towards it that perhaps aren't so dramatic (wiping a character by default of dying in a gang war in my opinion is a huge step to take) then you might not have so many down votes. Appreciate you were probably tired at the end of the situation and not in the mood to type much more, but with so little being raised as the actual issue here is preventing me from being interested at all.
I get that. I am interested in raising the debate though. If i've done that without having to waste ANY MORE EFFORT on roleplay.co.uk? Then I will resign a happy man.

There is a catastrophe waiting to happen. How many have quit in the past 24 hours from this roleplay - And how many are considering it? Something needs to be adjusted.

negotiate to stop the war then, do some actual proper RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back