What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Warehouse Restock Change

JackJohnson

Investor
Investor
Brief Summary:

Change the warehouse restock process, so that it doesn't end up with millions of items/cars/boats etc... available to order. 

Detailed Suggestion:

The basic of this suggestion is to change how the restock of the warehouses work. As it stands, warehouses restock every month (or some twice a month for vehicles, or even more regularly for bars etc...) and the new stock is just piled on top of whatever stock is left over from the previous months. 

So for example, bars right now could order in a total of 1,559,171 vodka between both the general warehouse & Noble warehouses if they wanted to, which to me doesn't really make sense when the restock is 500 (or something like that). The same applies for vehicle dealerships, sports class for example restocks twice a month and just piles new stock on top of the old stock that was already available, so if Mosley's or Luxury wanted to they could order in 100s of any kind of car. In my opinion, it ruins the markets for all of these items. 

6d99e1ea552c3e1f223fcac3d9364c4e.png

83fd80af701bb3f86929f21e5b7c56fe.png

My suggestion would be to change how restocks work, instead of piling new stock on top of what already exists I think it would be better if the orderable amount reset back to whatever the restock amount is, instead of adding on. So instead of 1,559,171 becoming 1,559,671, it would just reset back to 500. 

An example of vehicles is like Jesters, when they first became 'meta war vehicles' there was, I think, 70 available and they all sold right away meaning the market was flooded with them and players that already owned them didn't really have much of a chance to roleplay and sell it, whereas if they only went to the restock amount there would only be 4 available to order in. 

I think this would be better for the economy as a whole, as it would make shops actually useful consistently instead of someone just ordering ingredients and making 1000 breakfasts (or whatever example you want to use) and selling them all to someone who then doesn't need to visit a restaurant for 3 months, they would actually need to go to these places regularly because there wouldn't be 1,000,000 ingredients readily available to order/sell. 

I know I've used several different examples of different places through the suggestion, but really it effects any business that could order things in. This would obviously need input from Stavik/Nobles as well, as that's a player run warehouse. 

The Pros:

- Better for the server as it means more regular visits to places, meaning more RP between players

- More delivery jobs for drivers as shops would need to order smaller amounts more frequently

- Stops the server becoming overrun with a certain item if it becomes useful or popular, meaning they will actually have fluctuating values 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Sort of yeah, but for the better in my opinion

Cars I can see this being fine with as most of the sort after ones happen like their anyway having to wait for the monthly restock

Noble Wearhouse we order it from the general or make and deposit it into the stock it doesn't generate anything so that's fine

General Wearhouse I would recommend tweaking it slightly, yes some of the stock levels in there are absolutely mental but you would either need to increase the level that comes in every storm or have a stock cap so like 50k and it stops filling say, you have to be a tad careful with it as if you massively limit the stock then you end up with it being a race of who can log in fastest after a reset and order it all, this happened with the limes it took days before limeys could get a order in fast enough before everyone else bought it all

Same with the car parts if one shop buys them all out then the other can't run untill the next storm if they run dry of stock

I know car dealers are fair to each other like 10 cars come in and 2 dealerships will say well we will have 5 each to be fair, shops I don't think you'd get them to agree to fair split of Wearhouse stock unfortunately

But I like the idea definitely just needs the right tweaks 😁

General Wearhouse I would recommend tweaking it slightly, yes some of the stock levels in there are absolutely mental but you would either need to increase the level that comes in every storm or have a stock cap so like 50k and it stops filling say, you have to be a tad careful with it as if you massively limit the stock then you end up with it being a race of who can log in fastest after a reset and order it all, this happened with the limes it took days before limeys could get a order in fast enough before everyone else bought it all
I imagine it wouldn’t be a massive issue to be honest - most, if not all, shops are already fairly well stocked and will only be ordered supplies when they actually need them. There might be the odd restart that someone can’t order exactly what they wanted, but I think you’ll find most of the time it’d be fine. Even if it was becoming difficult for a certain shop to get something in stock, that creates competition. I remember Connor used to do it with bean machine, he’d go round on the restart and buying everyone’s smoothies then sell them in his shop for like £50 more. Worst case I’m sure the restock amounts can be revisited, but putting in a limit of 50,000 doesn’t make the issue any better imo

There is a plan with the warehouses where changes will be made. But there is priorities and morr influencing when this can happen!

Nothing this thread down for the future!

Back