What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Warning shots counts as initiation?

MadassRubberduck

So having come across different opinions on this over the past week(s) I want to get a straightforward answer on this, ideally something we can all use as the "one truth" to refer to.

Scenario: Your house alarm goes off, someone is breaking in. You fly towards the house and see armed rebels at the house, they fire warning shots (with tracers, 3 in front, 3 behind). You decide to land. Do you:

A) Shoot as soon as you get out of the helicopter and thus count the warning shots as initiation

B) Wait for initiation after having landed

Bonus question: 

If you had dropped off a sniper on a hill before flying in, is that sniper allowed to engage in the fight the second warning shots are fired? 

Warning shots outright are not initiation, just a warning to leave. Failing to adhere to warning shots does make you a valid target however.

on the otherhand, flying around waiting for someone to warning shot you is considered baiting

Dropping a sniper like that is literally the definition of baiting

Scenario: Your house alarm goes off, someone is breaking in. You fly towards the house and see armed rebels at the house, they fire warning shots (with tracers, 3 in front, 3 behind). You decide to land. Do you:
In this situation I wouldn't shoot till they started shooting at me.  Yes they initiated using warning shots but I feel it's a pretty rubbish excuse to use to fire at them as soon as you land.

If you had dropped off a sniper on a hill before flying in, is that sniper allowed to engage in the fight the second warning shots are fired? 
I believe some sort of counter initiation would need to be made before the sniper could shoot, correct me if i'm wrong please. :)

Warning shots outright are not initiation, just a warning to leave. Failing to adhere to warning shots does make you a valid target however.
So how should the people breaking in (the group on the ground) handle the landing helicopter? Should they run up to the area the heli is landing in and verbally initiate on them before they are allowed to kill them?

How does setting up in the surrounding area constitute "baiting"? Basically the team flying in is trying to set up the best possible positions. Obviously Im not a member of Staff like yourself, but I believe baiting is defined as continously flying around the same area waiting on initiation so they can shoot back. The scenario I outlined included landing as part of the in-flight (flying into the landing zone near the house currently being broken into).

Last edited by a moderator:
So how should the people breaking in (the group on the ground) handle the landing helicopter? Should they run up to the area the heli is landing in and verbally initiate on them before they are allowed to kill them?
It's a roleplay server, what do you think?

If it lands and you can speak to them then do it, roleplay, tell them to go away or try and kidnap them, do whatever. 

Warning shots are only allowed because there is no way to speak to the pilot of a heli hovering above you

It's a roleplay server, what do you think?

If it lands and you can speak to them then do it, roleplay, tell them to go away or try and kidnap them, do whatever. 

Warning shots are only allowed because there is no way to speak to the pilot of a heli hovering above you
So, if I was the guy breaking into a base/house and the owner came flying home and I gave him warningshots and he landed anyway, and I then shot him as soon as he got out of the heli, would that constitute RDM in your opinion?

So, if I was the guy breaking into a base/house and the owner came flying home and I gave him warningshots and he landed anyway, and I then shot him as soon as he got out of the heli, would that constitute RDM in your opinion?
(2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. Count downs are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering shooting.) is considered RDM. (Punishment is a ban)

In your scenario, where is the quality roleplay?

@Mattch  Ok - thank you. I'll try to get an example with video to clarify so we can all get a 100% definitive answer from the Staff Team on this. 

on the otherhand, flying around waiting for someone to warning shot you is considered baiting

How does the pilot have the chance to RP? If he ignores the warning shots to land that makes the pilot a "valid target", so the pilot doesnt have a chance to RP if they're shot when they get out the heli.

Also i don't see how on route preparation (dropping a sniper on the hills) is classed as baiting?

The group raiding the base/house have put themselfs in that situation, the gang/house owner has not asked to be robbed, they have just responded to an alarm.

Please elaborate :)

(3.8.2) As any other party: Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. 2 minutes should be given to comply before taking action.

People robbing the house give warning shots to the heli, 3 tracers in front, 3 at the back.

1 If the helicopter is still flying aroound/above you after two minutes have passed, you are able to fire at the helicopter.

1.1 Helicopter does not get hit by any bullets: helicopter does not gain kill rights.

1.2 Helicopter does get hit: all people inside the helicopter gain kill rights on the people shooting the helicopter. (It would not be classed as baiting, since first of, your house is getting robbed, second of all: only the people in the helicopter gain kill rights as they were the only ones fired upon, and last... rebels do not have to value their life like cops do.)  If there are multiple people inside the helicopter, the helicopter can ONLY AFTER being hit, to drop someone off to counter attack and (try) and take the shooters out and secure the house.

2. If the helicopter landed within the 2 minutes and the pilot/people inside the helicopter jump out and walk up to the people robbing the house, no one is allowed to shoot eachother on sight (even after 2 minutes have passed. (either one of the parties have to initiate, as this turned into a roleplay situation.)

3. If the helicopter landed within the 2 minutes and do not come up to rp and hide somewhere... Don't know this one(as the helicopter did fail to leave, but didn't try anything either).

Pretty sure this would apply to most of the situations. Staff can clarify but think this would be the best solutions/options

Back