What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

We Demand A Change in Management!

We Demand a Change of Wilco's Avatar. do Away with the harsh 'W' and bring back the softer more casu

• Yes! God Yes! to long has it been harsh corners and cold uncaring lines.

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • No! we like the new look it inspires hard work and good Practice!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Why are you doing this I just want to browse the forum in peace....

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

Maratek

Grand Inquisitor
Greetings citizens of the Interwebs!

To long have we suffered in silence.

We Need to Make Altis great again.

I will not allow this too slide I am the voice of the people the Martyr to the cause....

@Wilcos  avatar used to be a sign of a soft caring individual the fluid lines the way it interwined with itself was a sight to behold. Unbknownst to us it was changed to its now static unwavering rather boring form, the lines are no longer curved the corners no longer soft and caring but Rigid! and unmoving.

We demand the old avatar back, I have included a Poll  to incite the masses, to long we have been ignored to long have our voices not been heard.

FIGHT THE POWER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, seems like I've got some work to do then, so long as@Wilcowould like an update, I'm pretty sure he likes his logo to be honest.

You've got to remember that logo is ubiquitous, and is not only used for the forums but also Twitter, in a couple of banners, Steam and almost anywhere else that Wilco wants. So any changes will take a while and a lot of effort.

I'll just add on logos, there is no such thing as a good logo or a bad logo, just one that stands the test of time, a logo itself does not mean anything, the meaning in a logo is given to it by what it represents. When you see the RPUK logo for example, you won't think about what the logo looks like, but you will think about what the logo represents, e.g. Arma 3 Roleplaying Servers, Your Gang, fun times you've had on the server etc.

An analogy for you to help understand what I mean: You're not judging a diving competition, you're judging a swimming competition. It's not what kind of splash you make when you initially hit the water, it's how long you keep your head above that water.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I wasn't going to do this, because I normally don't tread on the toes of the graphics guys... but I have been working on this for about six months now, and I think I'm finally ready to show it. I've taken all past, present and future criticism into account, and attempted to ensure that the carbon-footprint is neutral, whilst at the same time maintaining a good contrast-balance, colour-flavour, warmth, taste, and corneal roughness.

I therefore have great pleasure in presenting - for the first time in British-Altis history - the Brand-New, All-Consuming, Once-In-A-Lifetime, 

WILCO AVATAR MARK TWO!

Please bear in mind that obviously this is a very special commission, and no matter how much you love this superior workmanship and high-grade attention to detail, I am under very tight contractual restrictions and am therefore unable to create a similar masterpiece for anyone else, no matter how heavily stuffed with tenners the brown envelope you wave in front of my face is. Sorry! 

wilco-logo-mk2.jpeg

So after much much much deliberation. I must concede that the sneak peak @TinyBigJackoprovided was an eye opener. Myself and the committee of represented citizens thank you for highlighting the issue and meeting us halfway.

Your an inspiration to us all. Myself and my avatar ;) thank you.

Back