What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Weapons loose durability in a container

Status
Not open for further replies.
906ca795aca9329ed51a16e45bbabc3a.png

• Haha
Reactions: Fet
@Liam FYI 4 shootings in my area involving 15 year olds we live different lives so we can not compare yes knifes are used the most in crime in the uk but do not sleep  on the shootings you have not read about

@Liam FYI 4 shootings in my area involving 15 year olds we live different lives so we can not compare yes knifes are used the most in crime in the uk but do not sleep  on the shootings you have not read about
Shootings happen all the time in Glasgow. You can still get guns on the server, but gangs primarily use melee weapons.

By that logic u need to bring acid to the game and also 42% of another item is used maybe guns?
Make a suggestion 🙂

I think the concept makes sense, im not to familiar with the ins and outs of the update but there shouldn't be massive weapon caches from years ago laying about, degrading also allows players who deal weapons to be competitive on the market (Pay more for a gun in a better condition etc.). I guess we'll have to see if the lastability needs to be increased or not but it's too early to tell,  I am sure we'll get some feedback from the main weapon dealers soon enough as there will most likely be more frequent orders for less quantity from now on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the UK gangs thing Liam but yes this is a UK server with American gangs in it too. Grove, Triads , Lost MC. Bit gangs in UK and US will have guns. London gangsters ,Manchester Liverpool, Birmingham to name a few all has guns. and farmers have shot guns. Yes a lot of knife crime but in the server that 70% of people who does not know how to get a weapon or cant afford one and baldys that will be using knifes.. I think just use of a weapon decays it is very fair. Adding on top we have to scatter after shooting as police will know and [Removed by Staff]. we have enough to look out for.  Plus police get their weapons free. and ammo. and know where to get them all fixed. we don't yet.

I think I would have to agree with Liam on this. I think people forget that it is a UK roleplay server, and have come to used to the idea of carrying a gun with them 24/7, including me. I think this stops people from sitting on 30+ guns and using them without a care in the world. I feel this update will take a couple of months to come into real effect, and will stop people only logging on for wars and gunfights. Trust me I love a gunfight, but it becomes relatively boring, just to see people waking up for a 50-man gunfight, on a UK rp server. Hopefully, it will also end up decreasing the price of guns, due to them having less use. Which will even things out a bit.

This suggestion is a -1 for me.

I mean if you were storing the guns when You just dismantled them oild them made sure there's no contamination on them and store them in a correct environment then sure they should be fine, except here they will have been fired covered in mud and dirt and blood and all sorts and just lobbed into a container, to deteriorate and rust, personally I don't use guns so this don't really effect me but I think It was a great idea to control certain things

If we are going off "realism" then the guns should last a century. Guns decaying in a container is silly people spend ages grinding for items on the game but now if you go on holiday you'll come back to half a gun not ideal. 

If we are going off "realism" then the guns should last a century. Guns decaying in a container is silly people spend ages grinding for items on the game but now if you go on holiday you'll come back to half a gun not ideal. 
Well said Bun Dog.

The people supplying the guns aren't the gangs, it's the devs and staff on the server. Of course things aren't going to change for you lot as you get shipments etc (without going into too much detail), This update might make more sense if gangs were able to make their own guns if they decay within a month so they can control how many are being made or need to be made etc for sales as well as personal use.

People grind for guns and put so much effort into accumulating a lot because it takes so long to make money on the server in the first place. It's not as simple as saying 'it's not realistic, it's a UK server'. It's GTA and people come on the server to have fun and I don't think that should be dictated by the few that don't like being shot whether that be them instigating an incident or getting frustrated they can't do a policing job correctly on the server to combat guns. Police already have so many tools to combat gangs and guns but it seems the gear and tactics aren't used well enough. I was in MOCU for around 3 months within the police last year and raided 229s turf as well as each members cars and houses as well as conduct countless S47 searches on them at their turf whilst they were fighting. 

Gangs make up the servers population more than any other groups and making this change where guns deteriorate by just them existing is a bit over the top for me, I can see it wearing by usage if the end goal is to reduce guns on the server, but it all comes down to supply at the end of the day. Gangs aren't supplying guns it's the 'trusted' members such as devs, staff and management members at the end of the day and if there's too many guns just reduce the supply or figure out a way that gangs can still have it without it being a massive detriment to hours and hours of work whilst they've been playing the server.

The people supplying the guns aren't the gangs, it's the devs and staff on the server. Of course things aren't going to change for you lot as you get shipments etc (without going into too much detail), This update might make more sense if gangs were able to make their own guns if they decay within a month so they can control how many are being made or need to be made etc for sales as well as personal use.

People grind for guns and put so much effort into accumulating a lot because it takes so long to make money on the server in the first place. It's not as simple as saying 'it's not realistic, it's a UK server'. It's GTA and people come on the server to have fun and I don't think that should be dictated by the few that don't like being shot whether that be them instigating an incident or getting frustrated they can't do a policing job correctly on the server to combat guns. Police already have so many tools to combat gangs and guns but it seems the gear and tactics aren't used well enough. I was in MOCU for around 3 months within the police last year and raided 229s turf as well as each members cars and houses as well as conduct countless S47 searches on them at their turf whilst they were fighting. 

Gangs make up the servers population more than any other groups and making this change where guns deteriorate by just them existing is a bit over the top for me, I can see it wearing by usage if the end goal is to reduce guns on the server, but it all comes down to supply at the end of the day. Gangs aren't supplying guns it's the 'trusted' members such as devs, staff and management members at the end of the day and if there's too many guns just reduce the supply or figure out a way that gangs can still have it without it being a massive detriment to hours and hours or work whilst they've been playing the server.
+1

The most active members on the server are in a whitelisted gang or in a upcoming gang and as it seems most them are not enjoying it and i 100 percent agree with this 

+1

Birmingham
Can confirm, that I've seen more gun crimes on my local news than knife crimes as of recent. It seems a little unfair for those who have had guns in a container prior to the update to watch them start decaying when we were told that wouldn't be the case. +1 on the whole suggestion.

Gangs make up the servers population more than any other groups and making this change where guns deteriorate by just them existing is a bit over the top for me, I can see it wearing by usage if the end goal is to reduce guns on the server, but it all comes down to supply at the end of the day. Gangs aren't supplying guns it's the 'trusted' members such as devs, staff and management members at the end of the day and if there's too many guns just reduce the supply or figure out a way that gangs can still have it without it being a massive detriment to hours and hours or work whilst they've been playing the server.
+1

Can confirm, that I've seen more gun crimes on my local news than knife crimes as of recent. It seems a little unfair for those who have had guns in a container prior to the update to watch them start decaying when we were told that wouldn't be the case. +1 on the whole suggestion.
Where was it promised that they wouldent decay? All I could find was they will decay but it Wil ltake a while, to be honest we aren't far into the update, maybe for all we know the first 50% decay is fast then the second slows down

Let's all play a few weeks and see how it goes first

I think a good middle ground could be, that once a gun breaks it can be broken down into parts, some which are usable and some which are not (Chance driven by how much the gun is decayed/used) then this can be used to craft further guns, with a small chance of getting the magazine. Or just have some way of crims being able to craft some sort of gun. 

Plus police get their weapons free. and ammo. and know where to get them all fixed.
we put the current weapons away and take new ones out next time we go on patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back