What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

What to upgrade?

Thanks for all the replies (even if some went off topic a tad ;) ). I don't really have the money atm to completely redo my desktop with a new cup, gpu and motherboard, so it is likely I would have to upgrade either an AMD cpu or an AMD gpu.

Any recommendations for either?
Personally If your struggling for cash, in order I would suggest
SSD upgrade if you dont have one already

RX480 (8GB) or 1050 Ti (4gb)
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-480/3649vs3634 Prices are incorrect on the 1050 it is sadly not £95 :( but costs wildly vary online, but have found one on www.scan.co.uk going for the same price as a 480

Last edited by a moderator:
AMD always overheat? lol if thats your understanding of AMD, you clearly have not used AMD and if you have and its overheating then your doing something wrong

Thanks for all the replies (even if some went off topic a tad ;) ). I don't really have the money atm to completely redo my desktop with a new cup, gpu and motherboard, so it is likely I would have to upgrade either an AMD cpu or an AMD gpu.

Any recommendations for either?
@lionel might be able to provide some additional Info here, however AMD are due to release a new line of CPUs which are suppoosed to have lower power and higher perf, I believe Zen is the platform codename. It might be work holding out until they release Zen to do some upgrades, as you'll then be able to get these new CPUs, or the price of the current flagship CPUs will drop, allowing you to upgrade on the cheap.

@lionel might be able to provide some additional Info here, however AMD are due to release a new line of CPUs which are suppoosed to have lower power and higher perf, I believe Zen is the platform codename. It might be work holding out until they release Zen to do some upgrades, as you'll then be able to get these new CPUs, or the price of the current flagship CPUs will drop, allowing you to upgrade on the cheap.
Should be in the first quarter of 2017, should also be a 40% improvement of what they have now, Not sure how "cheap it will be" as they are probably going to market it to be direct competition to Intel high end, so will most likley come with a premium price tag too. 
you will also be required to purchase a new Mobo and Ram, so tbh for Arma, at this point I would recommend making the jump to Intel unless AMD are incredibly competitive on price.

Lots of If's and buts, personally I think your better off waiting to see what AMD have CPU wise in 2017, even if it's just for Intel probably dropping their prices so as to stay competitive.

But unless you havea buyer for the 8320, I don't think its worth going out and buying a 9590 for £280, you will see an improvement but not massive
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-9590-vs-AMD-FX-8320/1812vs1983

Again giving us a budget is probably the most important aspect to building / upgrading a computer, please do wait till you have the actual money in your account that you are ready to spend on computer parts, then ask :)

So after looking at the UserBenchmark.com userbenchmark software I scored as such

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1957672

From looking at it it seems that its my GPU that is in most need for an upgrade.

Also there seems to be something up with my RAM, any idea whats up with that?

Back