What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

What would you like to see more of and less of?

I hope to see more RP-based business' throughout the city. I agree with Edwago that Auto Exotic is going really well for RP at the moment and I hear that there is talk of them even being able to upgrade cars in the future much like Benny's or Customs which I think will be a great addition. 

Not sure if it's already been mentioned as I haven't had a chance to read through this whole thread but I feel as though the Fleeca banks located all around the map could use some work. At the moment it seems as though there isn't really much of a use for them other than people taking hostages and trying to make a quick buck through negotiations with police which I feel shouldn't really be the case. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why there isn't cash in them at the moment as they'd be getting robbed 24/7 but I feel as though there should be more incentive to rob these things as right now, they're basically dead locations with nothing to do. Even a small amount of steal-able cash in there would be nice, mainly for RP with police, as I enjoy just RPing a lot more than just doing it purely for money but it would be a nice bonus.

I've noticed a lot more gangs and smaller groups making their own events such as the Auto Exotic fundraiser a few days ago and the races that have been taking place every day this week which is nice to see. I'd like to see more of this as these little events are the RP that I personally really enjoy and I'm sure lot's of people would agree with me on that. That's mainly down to gang leaders and business owners to arrange though.

Just want a general chat for what type of RP people like and what they dislike, what would you like to see in the city more and less of? 
Less scripts people stick to as robots and let the RP flow, definitely less REALLY, YOUR REALLY GOING TO DO THAT...... Or something about god's and deported... Nothing kills a situation more

(My own words and not that of the staff team)

I usually come and go from RP due to the way life is atm. (I'm redownloading as I speak). The last time I played I noticed there was too much of a strong emphasis on conflict RP. You couldn't walk anywhere without someone pulling a gun on you or something. It was very tedious, I tried my hardest to just get on with it with my awful American Accent which faded after time once I became a cop as a majority of the time, it was just conflict RP and I couldn't speak what i wanted to say before things got violent and overall that killed my overall vibe in general.

What I would wish to see is more creativity and passive RP which doesn't just devolve into gun crime and violence, it's tedious when everyone and their dog just wants to be some gangster.

I have some ideas which I'll be proposing IC to various street racers so I'll be practicing what I'm preaching, passive RP and social events. Be the change you want to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are 2 things I dislike with a passion rp wise;

1. Someone running away form the police screaming I have a heart condition over and over again yet still running at full speed to stop themselves being tased;

2. People driving vehicles off the pier or just into the ocean in general to try swim away and becoming Olympic level swimmers 

Medical RP in general is sooooooo hit/miss depending on who is involved.

Some people are amazing and will RP that being shot seven times would put them on the verge of death bleeding everywhere and i have to fight to keep them alive. (My all-time fav RP sit ever so far)

BUT some people will insist they only sprained their ankle falling off a 50 story building and will then berate me for "taking too long treating them".

Medical RP is also in this weird balancing act of quality or quantity. you could RP in-depth for 40mins with one patient or deal with the 8 different calls outs, oh btw you're the only medic on. 

How people treat NHS / medical RP does not help either, the first thing I hear when I arrive at sence is a patient loudly stating that NHS is shit and slow after them been apparently hit by a car going 100mph (yet still able to shout and complain) does not make me want to RP or treat you. Remember medics ARE NOT WALKING DEFIBS so don't treat us like we are.

there are 2 things I dislike with a passion rp wise;

1. Someone running away form the police screaming I have a heart condition over and over again yet still running at full speed to stop themselves being tased;
I know this can be annoying because it doesn't make any sense and is seen as a get out of jail free card. I myself tend to try and interact with the officer(s) who are partaking in the foot chase, for example I know in multiple chases I have had with Raymond Folwer he knows I am not one to give up easily and instead of screaming that I have a heart condition instead opt for an approach that reflects the situation around myself. The way I see a chase with police is that if I do not pose and visual threat the only danger I am in is of being arrested hence my running away and back and forth with the officers around myself.

every time I try to foot chase with police I am “red dotted” within 5 seconds and taser’s 3 seconds after that. 
Used to love a good foot chase and climbing up and down buildings with the police following you behind you but you don’t get that any more. 
Wish more officers had the foresight to see how fun it could be and give people chance to hide. 

every time I try to foot chase with police I am “red dotted” within 5 seconds and taser’s 3 seconds after that. 
Used to love a good foot chase and climbing up and down buildings with the police following you behind you but you don’t get that any more. 
Wish more officers had the foresight to see how fun it could be and give people chance to hide. 
I used to see a lot of this when I first started playing as cop on RPUK, not so much anymore. I can see both sides of it (as I have characters on both sides). I personally think a lot of cops attitudes have changed with the change in server meta - now a days whenever a foot chase actually happens it ends with the cop being stabbed or shot at the first opportunity which as I’m sure you can imagine, isn’t fun for the cop. Although I do see some cops when quick on the trigger as well, so I can see why people playing crim take the chance when they have it. 

Personally would love to see it reverse back a little towards this. 

Medical RP in general is sooooooo hit/miss depending on who is involved.

Some people are amazing and will RP that being shot seven times would put them on the verge of death bleeding everywhere and i have to fight to keep them alive. (My all-time fav RP sit ever so far)

BUT some people will insist they only sprained their ankle falling off a 50 story building and will then berate me for "taking too long treating them".

Medical RP is also in this weird balancing act of quality or quantity. you could RP in-depth for 40mins with one patient or deal with the 8 different calls outs, oh btw you're the only medic on. 

How people treat NHS / medical RP does not help either, the first thing I hear when I arrive at sence is a patient loudly stating that NHS is shit and slow after them been apparently hit by a car going 100mph (yet still able to shout and complain) does not make me want to RP or treat you. Remember medics ARE NOT WALKING DEFIBS so don't treat us like we are.
For me - the longer the NHS treatment the better. I love being taken for x-rays or CT scans etc. Really adds to it.

Server seems very gang focused and police focused. Not much for the small groups or the individual in the city. A lot of the businesses also seem to be run be the same few people as well which doesn't leave much open to variation.

Would be nice to have more opportunities that don't require you having to navigate the gangs.

Also proper racing soon pls

I used to see a lot of this when I first started playing as cop on RPUK, not so much anymore. I can see both sides of it (as I have characters on both sides). I personally think a lot of cops attitudes have changed with the change in server meta - now a days whenever a foot chase actually happens it ends with the cop being stabbed or shot at the first opportunity which as I’m sure you can imagine, isn’t fun for the cop. Although I do see some cops when quick on the trigger as well, so I can see why people playing crim take the chance when they have it. 

Personally would love to see it reverse back a little towards this. 
I get what your are saying and I to a degree agree with it.

What I could see less of is, every civilian/gang member seems to know a lot about the police conducts, like TC authorisation or when being tased or not. Some days ago I was on patrol and we saw someone dealing with his bike near him. We told him he was being red dotted by a taser and if he jump on that bike he would be tased. That didn't seem to matter when he hop on his bike and got tased. We were accused (in character) of abuse of force and denying a rolepay situation there where we shouldn't have tased him there. The scenario here would be, he may have removed from him a roleplay scenario, possible, but realistic and from experience which criminal would jump on the bike and would have a chat with us? 

What I would like to see less? People complaining.

What I would like to see more? As said before, more activities for solo players that promote RP but also the openness of letting the roleplay go.

I get what your are saying and I to a degree agree with it.

What I could see less of is, every civilian/gang member seems to know a lot about the police conducts, like TC authorisation or when being tased or not. Some days ago I was on patrol and we saw someone dealing with his bike near him. We told him he was being red dotted by a taser and if he jump on that bike he would be tased. That didn't seem to matter when he hop on his bike and got tased. We were accused (in character) of abuse of force and denying a rolepay situation there where we shouldn't have tased him there. The scenario here would be, he may have removed from him a roleplay scenario, possible, but realistic and from experience which criminal would jump on the bike and would have a chat with us? 

What I would like to see less? People complaining.

What I would like to see more? As said before, more activities for solo players that promote RP but also the openness of letting the roleplay go.
I rarely complain about immersion, if ever. But the constant complaining from criminals about police procedures, as if they are the experts in TPAC and TC and use of force and what not throws a bit off the roleplay situation. Try to seperate what your criminal knows or should know and what you actually know if you play a police character as well. 

Back