What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

What's the biggest issue you have with the Police

LastNickLeft

"This Is the Way"
Unlinked
Every day I see posts and comments full of what whitelisted factions are doing wrong, what should be improved and what's not being done.I would like to see all these together to be able to see what people see as the biggest problem.

Feel free to open up and share your opinion. Let's try to keep this conversation as civil as possible.

Aw wait to you see the shitstorm that this will cause

To be honest, I think the police is fine the way it is, I think folk are doing a good job!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's always been conflicts between civs and whitelisted factions best thing to do is not to get offended by everything someone says this post will just cause a shit load of drama

We have the community meeting to discuss problems and complaints with whitelisted factions. I really don't see the need for this thread other than something that will end in a class 5 shitstorm...

I'm not looking for drama, I'm hoping that people are still able to have a normal conversation about something. Maybe I'm wrong, but as it is something that is being discussed every day I wanted to enlighten myself and find out what your opinions are and what could possible be improved on patrol level. 

We have the community meeting to discuss problems and complaints with whitelisted factions. I really don't see the need for this thread other than something that will end in a class 5 shitstorm...
If you feel like this is unnecessary feel free to lock this post.. I find this quite sad and disappointing tbh ;)

Well, there always will be criticising and it will never go away! If you think you have fixed the problem you will piss of another percent of people! I think right now, the Police cannot really improve although I have one suggestion: GET MORE MEMBERS!

I wanted to enlighten myself and find out what your opinions are and what could possible be improved on patrol level.
Now this is something completely different than 'what is the biggest issue with the police'

And to answer that question:

Id like to see more strict policing, you are the thin blue line on a crime ridden island. Nothing wrong with being a bit more aggressive with those pesky rebels.

On the other hand you face the 'friends in the area' that holds this behavior back quite a bit.

There are several things that annoy me about the police;

1. Officers that live by the handbook and are too rigid when it comes to crimes. Take a backseat a little bit and have some fun. BUT this doesn't mean go around like a jester.

2. The treatment of CSO-PC. It's almost as though they're some sort of 3rd class citizen. Somehow being these ranks automatically makes you an incompetent idiot and you are therefore a burden rather than a person. Their ideas will automatically be dismissed and are generally treated like shit.

3. As much as people can deny it and I do this myself; although I'm not in any position of power as an SPC... Friendship groups. Groups of higher ranks that only play with X Y and Z. Meaning it's harder for people outside of their group to progress. Even so, not all promotions to places of power are based on the persons capability to be a good cop, more so on who they're friends with. (This is a problem to some, some won't see it's there. It's an age old thing and will never be sorted no matter how much we all try, as we all don't necessarily know we do it)

4. Quite often the root of a lot of problems is through officers complete fear of breaking police/server rules.. I'm not saying go and be reckless I'm saying do what you think is right.

5. Common sense is somewhat lacking.. Wether it be combat, driving, negotiating or generally talking to the public a fair amount of officers fail quite hard on most of the above.. They judge the situation completely wrong. 

There are several things that annoy me about the police;

1. Officers that live by the handbook and are too rigid when it comes to crimes. Take a backseat a little bit and have some fun. BUT this doesn't mean go around like a jester.

2. The treatment of CSO-PC. It's almost as though they're some sort of 3rd class citizen. Somehow being these ranks automatically makes you an incompetent idiot and you are therefore a burden rather than a person. Their ideas will automatically be dismissed and are generally treated like shit.

3. As much as people can deny it and I do this myself; although I'm not in any position of power as an SPC... Friendship groups. Groups of higher ranks that only play with X Y and Z. Meaning it's harder for people outside of their group to progress. Even so, not all promotions to places of power are based on the persons capability to be a good cop, more so on who they're friends with. (This is a problem to some, some won't see it's there. It's an age old thing and will never be sorted no matter how much we all try, as we all don't necessarily know we do it)

4. Quite often the root of a lot of problems is through officers complete fear of breaking police/server rules.. I'm not saying go and be reckless I'm saying do what you think is right.

5. Common sense is somewhat lacking.. Wether it be combat, driving, negotiating or generally talking to the public a fair amount of officers fail quite hard on most of the above.. They judge the situation completely wrong. 
Yes, I have to mostly agree but with one thing! You see if we broke some kind of rules (be it server or police) we will get punished and or get kicked out and blacklisted. 

Yes, I have to mostly agree but with one thing! You see if we broke some kind of rules (be it server or police) we will get punished and or get kicked out and blacklisted. 
I can tell you from my experience that no one will fire you for breaking police rules if you are coming up with creative roleplay and no one is harmed. I'm sure that @Samatlewis is not encouraging rule breaking, but suggesting that people should asses the situation, know what type of person they are dealing with and if needed you can bend rules a bit, not to overpower, but to entertain. 

Break a police rule? Do it smartly. Chose where you are when you break it and be sure you trust who you're with. 

Dont be scared to think that " I can't shoot that rebels tyres as I MIGHT be breaking a police rule" just familiarise yourself with the police rules and 8/10 times you wouldn't have even broken it anyway. Have confidence in yourself and your own actions otherwise no one will ever progress.  Police punishments are nothing compared with server rules.. They can verbally warn you, give you some lines on the PNC.. put you down a few ranks for X amount of times and make you resit tests.. sure they can remove you and if they've had to do that, you're not as smart as you thought.

Think you might be breaking a server rule? Really think hard. Can I do that as a rebel? UNMC? Can I do it as a cop? If it makes sense to do it and you are sure it's not a rule break, then do it! If you're in serious doubt, don't.

Well, there always will be criticising and it will never go away! If you think you have fixed the problem you will piss of another percent of people! I think right now, the Police cannot really improve although I have one suggestion: GET MORE MEMBERS!
wait what??? building criticism is good and helps this community get bigger and better...

anyway... 

I am quite frankly worried that if i comment my opinion a shitstorm will hit so hard....

wait what??? building criticism is good and helps this community get bigger and better...

anyway... 

I am quite frankly worried that if i comment my opinion a shitstorm will hit so hard....

It's going well so far, share your opinion..

I always have been confident in myself, I am not saying that you need to be a coward but being an asshole is not good as well, there is a fine line between being good RP and being a giant rulebreaking twat!

anyway... 

That was what i wanted to say!

Got a few, now this is from me being both a SGT and a civilian at times.

1. Whenever I play as a civilian and I interact with a trainnee the response I get is like talking to a wall.

2. Ranks below SGT usually live by the handbook and do everything that's written down, if you explain yourself really well for a murder in self defence you'll still get a 50k ticket and the removal of your firearms licence eventhough you were nice to them and didn't resist a single bit. Police sometimes have the mindset of you have a illegal firearm > force compliance or I'll rubber you > take gun away and sent to prison / ticket.

3. Roleplay is sometimes ended early by the police by saying "We've got to respond to something." or just a "I'm busy."

4. Rebel attitude to police is horrible, we can all agree that when police drives over to come chat with you about landing your Huron next to the highway at Lakka at your gang base, 1 of your friends hop out with 7.62's and runs straight past the police not saying a single word, you take off again and almost land ontop of the officer as your friend is running back gets into the heli again to instantly take off and you pop flares over us is not Roleplay at all. 

5. Sometimes friend groups hop on patrol with eachother seeking gunfights and dragging everyone into the teamspeak channel instead of asking for assistance, had a few times where I was Tango Romeo 1 talking to a guy about his driving on the wrong side of the road in Kavala and you hear TS go "You were moved." before the guy that dragged you in says "Everyone come, gunfight at Airport, kill anyone with firearm out."

What I think should be done from my experience helping with FTT's is that the Trainees should be teached that roleplay is more important than arresting someone and sending them to prison and that the police handbook is filled with guidelines, not a strict every scenario must end this way. Police should get punished more on tests if they deny roleplay or just ignore it.

However I do understand that Police deny your story at times, because nobody is going to believe your fully loaded MK-I with silencer and a LRPS and 20 mags on your body is your "walking cane."  that's perfectly fine and understandable.

Now this is something completely different than 'what is the biggest issue with the police'

And to answer that question:

Id like to see more strict policing, you are the thin blue line on a crime ridden island. Nothing wrong with being a bit more aggressive with those pesky rebels.

On the other hand you face the 'friends in the area' that holds this behavior back quite a bit.
I'll be more strict only if you come to liason everytime I do 😉. The harsh truth is people focus more on the // messages and the teamspeak now more than ever and as soon as they see an opportunity to complain they take it. No doubt being harsh and aggressive is powergaming or against police rules or some shit.

I can tell you from my experience that no one will fire you for breaking police rules if you are coming up with creative roleplay and no one is harmed. I'm sure that @Samatlewis is not encouraging rule breaking, but suggesting that people should asses the situation, know what type of person they are dealing with and if needed you can bend rules a bit, not to overpower, but to entertain. 
Disagree with you here.

We can't even wear a fucking weird hat without getting warning points.

It's going well so far, share your opinion..
Hmmm...

ok well, first of all, some police get bored off of repetitive RP and actions...

so they think they are invincible and just act like rebels when it comes to how often they seek for firefights or seizing weapons...

seize of a weapon is currently addressed to as a rebel trying to rob you...

so obviously we act in hostility towards the police trying to take the weapon off our hands...

if a gun costs 500-600k and a cop tries to take it and a firefight starts then you can't act surprised because it was obvious its going to happen...

i have RP'd a lot, and out of all the RP there was only 1 time i was able to keep my rifle... (shoutout to my boy @YoCo).

so at this moment there is no incentive to not be in a firefight...

and since cops don't pay for their gear and they get plenty of RP, they just don't care and also try to have a firefight.

Now this is scraping the edge of my opinion... not even getting into it.

Don't worry i got an umbrella for the shitstorm incoming.

gl

Using wrong equipment is something completely different than what I've meant :) 
True, but it's the principle. If we're restricting something as simple as hats then what's next? Set times of taking your sunglasses off?

But yes, the police rules can be bent for a roleplay scenario but i've seen people punished for doing this before. Usually depends if you're friends with the person not happy about it.

Back