What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Whitelisting the entire FiveM server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lube

Whitelisting the entire server

Just wanted to throw something out there and see what everyone's opinions is.... Not saying I completely agree on it as well.

Brief Summary:

Making it so that new players would need to go through some sort of whitelisting vetting when joining the server.

Detailed Suggestion:

From someone who plays FiveM mostly as a medic, the one thing I feel that limits my experience is the constant VDM, RDM and Skiddies that seem to enjoy screwing over everyone's experiences.

I am not sure if this is possible but what if some sort of whitelisting system was in place. Maybe it doesn't have to be anything in depth, more just a read of the rules section and then a tick-box to allow you to enter the server. This extra bit of effort could be the extra protection the server needs. 

The Pros:

- Extra level of protection from skiddies, VDMers and RDMers

- People who actually join the server for high quality RP would be more than happy to actually put that extra bit of effort in to get themselves whitelisted

- Might even attract more high quality RPers from a crowd of people who are attracted to the "whitelisted" title

- By having a dedicated whitelisted community could actually make a name for the server as a quality RP experience growing the server

The Cons:

- Could damage the numbers of people joining the server

- Could turn away high quality RPers

- Maybe the server hasn't developed a higher enough dedicated community yet to allow for a whitelisted community

I am not sure whether or not I agree with this however it would be interesting starting a debate about the matter. Maybe it would be something that would be looked into down the timeline when the server is better established.

- Maybe the server hasn't developed a higher enough dedicated community yet to allow for a whitelisted community
I think this here is the main problem. Both development and population wise I think the server would struggle if it turned to whitelist only. But in the future I think this would be great

This would likely require all players to be over the age of 18, as the entry to GTA whitelisted factions is also 18. 

And yeah the community would struggle

I think this here is the main problem. Both development and population wise I think the server would struggle if it turned to whitelist only. But in the future I think this would be great
I agree with Coco ^.

Though potentially we would get more members due to people specifically looking for high quality whitelisted communities. I think we should build our FiveM playerbase first, then whitelist to maintain that quality. Our FiveM server has a long way to go to be the best it can be (We are off to a good start).

I will +1 anyway as i'd be inclined to see if it would postively affect FiveM

I would love this to be a thing as I believe that t would mean that player who is logging on the server strictly for RP and not just to dick around. But you would have to take in the fact that what the FiveM server is attempting to achieve is a multip platform playerbase from FiveM and Arma if you made it whitelist it would mean that newcomers to FiveM would not be bothered going through all the steps to get on and the server would still potentially suffer from the same effects of the Arma playerbase.

Plus as I have said before no disrespect to the dev team here but there are a lot more WL servers that have a much more dedicated playerbase. so the chance of obtaining a new playerbase would decrease as it would restrict who gets to come on.

Im not agrest the idea it but im stongly on the fence. As M said there could be a 18+ limit on the server and that alone could make the playerbase suffer. 

"In my own opinion the only way to have 100% pure realistic RP is to have a Whitelisted server that is not an economy serve but a menu server that allows civs to create unique scenarios for police NHS and the fire service to tackle and solve."

Completely whitelisting now would be a mistake, the server is not complete and still on the lackluster side once more features are added and more decked out i would love it to be

For now something i suggested in discord was like a soft whitelisting to at least slow the rate of morons coming into the server by verifying yourself on discord and your screen is just blacked out until you have done so that is if its at all possible but the idea wasn't well met on the discord but after my morning of just been ran over constantly i am very much in favour of a way to slow them down, id rather have a server not full with people that want to make the effort to rp then a full server with the majority being gta online dicks running everyone over or just dropping N bombs as loud as they can

As much as it will put a roadblock in to the skiddies, racists and general toxic twats it will do as much damage as it will good.

There was calls many years ago to do the same thing to the Altis Life server, It still has issues the GTA RP server is facing to this day... Unfortunately it is what it is and part of the experience.

Now GTA RP is extremely popular and should down the road there is an expansion to more servers then we will review this, but now the doors are open and we welcome new players.

Even white listed servers have assholes. They can be a blessing and a curse. Ive played on a few white listed servers and they have the same issues you guys do here. I agree with everyone else that has posted above. If the server matures in another six months or so it might well be in a better state. I played on the Twitch RP white listed server about 12 months ago. I left it because basically the majority of players were on US timezone and i struggled to meet too many people on my timezone or the ones i did meet werent the best. I was a casual player at best and at times it was very clicky. They had only affiliated with twitch a few months before and were getting 5k+ people on the waiting list apparently at all times. At times it seemed like the popularity began to become detrimental to the server as there were meetings and announcements from various staff members that came across as condescending to the community and massively arrogant. It looked like a heck of a lot of stress for some people and maybe they werent the right people for the job. I admit they were volunteers but the workload was intense. 

As far as I know it is still going strong but it looked like a full time job for a few people to effectively manage the server properly due to their affiliation. Dont get me wrong, i had a wonderful time on there and it was a lot of fun for the most part but i moved on because i wanted something different. 

I think the way you guys are going is the best way, youve got some absolutely brilliant people on here and the assholes are getting weeded out/banned etc daily. As the server grows in popularity it might be worth getting admins/trustees of some sort in the server over the course of the peak popular times and some in the quieter hours if the right ones come along. It would just be good to make sure there are people who have the authority to hand out some temp bans for asshattery when we are all around is all. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back