What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

WHO PASSED THEIR AS-LEVELS B*TCHES???

Can't really remember not sure I even did A levels.... 

As above congrats ! :)

Remember everyone, AS/A levels aren't everything. I got CDDE at AS level in Computing, Chemistry, Physics, and Economics. I then got BCE in A level Computing, Chemistry, and Economics, went into Uni via clearing to do Computer Science, scrapped the degree with 2 weeks left of Final year and took my Associates Degree instead (2 years worth instead of 4) and still landed a Graduate Position after uni.

While results on paper might look good - it was more dedication and passion got me where I am than book learning and standardised testing. So if you didnt get what you were hoping for today - not all is lost!

Remember everyone, AS/A levels aren't everything. I got CDDE at AS level in Computing, Chemistry, Physics, and Economics. I then got BCE in A level Computing, Chemistry, and Economics, went into Uni via clearing to do Computer Science, scrapped the degree with 2 weeks left of Final year and took my Associates Degree instead (2 years worth instead of 4) and still landed a Graduate Position after uni.

While results on paper might look good - it was more dedication and passion got me where I am than book learning and standardised testing. So if you didnt get what you were hoping for today - not all is lost!
In GCSE's I got a U in computing as they insisted on teaching me excel and word (BORING) ... wtf is with that :/ I was more interested in filesystems and networking at the time. 
I started college twice and left before completing twice, and I am currently employed in IT and hold a relatively senior role (although mind numbing). 
On that note, I refuse to work for Bluechip companies or massive corporate entities or anywhere inside the M25 so assume that piece of paper makes less of an impact in the job spec.

I still get pinged for jobs in london i just have no interest (or currently the ability I live in the south where we have no trains .....) 

In GCSE's I got a U in computing as they insisted on teaching me excel and word (BORING) ... wtf is with that :/ I was more interested in filesystems and networking at the time. 
I started college twice and left before completing twice, and I am currently employed in IT and hold a relatively senior role (although mind numbing). 
On that note, I refuse to work for Bluechip companies or massive corporate entities or anywhere inside the M25 so assume that piece of paper makes less of an impact in the job spec.

I still get pinged for jobs in london i just have no interest (or currently the ability I live in the south where we have no trains .....) 

Haha yeah GCSE IT was all Word and Excel and just not generally useful. A-Level Computing was VB6 programming (2007-2008 so well outdated by then) and then some theory (which was interesting).

Yeah I left uni in 2nd year, then went back, did 2nd year again, got my job as 3rd year placement, made myself indispensable at work, then realised final year i wasn't going to be able to pass it as the degree was actually not so much computer science as it was Software Development - I had 2 classes in Network/Communication technologies, 1 class in C, 1 in Java, 1 in Perl/PHP, 1 in Softare Development Lifecycle, 1 in AI and Algorithms, 1 in PHP/Jquery/JS, and another in concurrent/threaded programming and the final year project was a bloody software development project. I actually felt scammed because I deliberately didnt choose the software development degree because i dont like programming and cant do it.

So i ended up doing 5 years of uni, but left with the 2 year award and a solid job. My course adviser questioned my withdrawal from the course saying that peopel who had the 1st/2nd/3rd honors degrees might be more highly valued than me for jobs, i said they might have an honours degree, but I'll have the Associates Degree + 2 (now 4) years experience in the industry and i thought that would be valued more. Turns out quite a lot of people who graduated after final year couldn't get a job because they didnt have enough experience.

Yea bit of a shame, resitting the year now tho hopefully i can improve. :D

I got an E in GCSE ICT last year. But I passed my Level 1 IMI Motor Vehicle Repair Principles course this year.

Yea i already picked my subjects am doing next year, just need to get my head in gear tbh.

Subjects are, Pe, business studies, combined science, sociology.

Back