What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why [AEGIS] Lexi was community banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
Quite simply her view that people with Dyslexia and Dyspraxia have a disability.

That proves to me that her qualification in Psychology is no doubt made up! or she is just nothing short of a immature little bitch who is clueless which is usually the case for 95% of people who leave university. ( The other 5% actually go somewhere and are genuinely nice people)

I haven't got the time for young girls who have just left UNI with no life experience to come on here with there narrow minded views and no doubt she is not going to go very far in life.... If you check her forum account you will notice nothing but negativity since she has been here.

I have never been in 29 years so offended so I am off to have a few whiskeys in the view i have banned another idiot from the community (thankfully offending only me and nobody else - I am old enough and ugly enough to take it) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I had abit of Dyslexia in school, but I never let it affect me!

Oh mate. That is harsh. I have a lot of dyslexic friends and what they may lack in spelling ability sometimes is more than made up for in other talents and being sterling people.

Attitudes (should) have changed since I was a kid to these kind of things and speaking as guy that has come to know you personally over recent months, you are a fantastic fellow capable of things I could only dream of. You've built this community and steered us through some challenging times... And that is just one small element of your life.

@Wilco... I salute you.

I'm colourblind as fuck. I don't see it as a disability or anything that holds me back but it leads to some interesting and bizarre things happening. I think everyone has strengths and weaknesses that make us unique... But for someone to offend you that much and knowing the reasonable guy you are... That is unfair.

It's a shame on lots of levels but maybe Lexi had her own issues that made her feel the need to say things that offended you. We're all just human beings at the end of the day and not one of us is perfect.

Wow, I had abit of Dyslexia in school, but I never let it affect me!
I never let it effect me also however I have never hidden the fact that I have it and sometimes during my nearly 9000 posts here it shows however I have never had anyone call it a disability or call this community unprofessional because of it until this member.

Wow thats a shame i thought she was a nice girl. No one should point someones bad things only should point out the good things. Well i think she deserved what was coming for

I never let it effect me also however I have never hidden the fact that I have it and sometimes during my nearly 9000 posts here it shows however I have never had anyone call it a disability or call this community unprofessional because of it until this member.
Nobody should be labelled with a tag because they find it harder to learn. I experienced this alot in school, I couldn't even use proper grammar during my exams and word essays. I decided to teach myself, and reading helped me heavily, even today I have a hard time learning, and trying to comprehend certain things.

Just a word in from me, regardless of what happened, if she deserved the ban then I'm fine with that, but the biggest thing for me was losing AEGIS, I'll still strive for the same things and I'll continue to be an active member of this community, in the next couple days I'm going to be speaking with mitch on where and how we should progress.

usually the case for 95% of people who leave university. ( The other 5% actually go somewhere and are genuinely nice people)
I'm some what offended at that bit... Although those that are clueless generally do tend to open their mouths a lot more than those who are not and tend to be noticed a lot easier...

None the less, there is no need for people like this in the community.

I know of quite a few people within the community effected by either or both of the conditions. Yet I have never known anyone even hint that it was a disability, it is just plain disrespectful. 

Simon

MEng Mechanical Engineering (Hons)

I don't know what happened between Lexi and you, but it's still quit sad I think.
I don't know Lexi very well but I know that she had very good idea's for this server and I know her as the leader of AEGIS what is a really good gang. Never saw her doing something wrong or saying something wrong too.

I feel sad about this..

Personally I like Lexi and regardless of whether her qualification is valid or not, she is a genuinely nice person. I have spoke to her alot being a medic and I have RPed with her alot. She is a serious benefit to this server and she has helped many of your players (including myself) enjoy the roleplay that we all strive to achieve!

Now please do not take me in the wrong light here but I do believe your decision to ban her was in haste!

Lexi (like us all) can maybe come across to people in the wrong way at times (we are all only human after all) and it is my belief that may be the case in this incident.

I myself have worked with "disabled" adult communities in the past as part of a program to learn how to work with disabilities!

I am not saying all people with dyslexia are considering themselves disabled but a fair few of them choose to see it that way and thats up to them.

They are still people and they still receive the same daily treatment as everyone else! They should not (and shame on anyone who chooses to) treat them as anything but a normal human being.

I think Lexi was just trying to state that she understood the possibility of some obstacles a person with either of these conditions might have to go through.

As for your comments in name calling, I find that is more offensive than the actual fact of the ban.

I understand why you are annoyed/upset about this but the name calling was not needed, her life is her life and how far she goes in that is her call.

Your time could be better spent by banning those who actually mess about with the server, and not those who say the wrong thing (and it maybe being taken the wrong way).

If anything in this post is offensive to you then please tell me and I will explain/word it better.

I have not wrote this to annoy you or piss you off in anyway!

Just trying to explain my point of view on this matter and share my opinion.

Dr. Enigma NHS

MTO

I'm rather sad also, Lexi was a very good Roleplayer and i've never heard her say anything bad about anyone.

Something must've been said though, which makes me sad.

Well, I have to say I'm a little disappointed to be honest, that she was banned.

I know Lexi has always had strong opinions, but honestly, the concept of Dyslexia and Dyspraxia being a disability have been debated intensely for some time, and considering that I believe that are actually covered under things like the Disability Discrimination Act.

I know its a personal subject for you, and you have strong opinions on it Wilco, but what she said isn't technically wrong, nor was it right.

Unless she has said some seriously derogatory stuff, then fair enough, but if her only statement was that she believes it to be a disability, then as I said before, I'm a little disappointed.

http://www.dyslexia-help.org/dda-information.asp

http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/dyspraxia-adults/workplace-employees/

Just some evidence to back up my statement.

I fear that you've just taken it a bit too personally Wilco, unless, as I said, she has said some derogatory things regarding Dyslexia and Dyspraxia.

Here is my personnal experiences.  This is not in any way against you Wilco.  

Well I paid $5k to have my son diagnosed by a psychologist.  Their report detailed his level of IQ being high and having both Dyslexia and Dyspraxia which they described to us as a neurological disorder and a learning disability.  We paid for this report so he could be diagnosed as having these disability's so he could receive the funded help from our state and federal levels.  Without that diagnose we would had to pay out of pocket a large sum for his specialized schooling.  As a father I am gratful that my son had been diagnosed with his learning disability and getting the help he needed.  

This is just so disrespectful.

I am a nurse and curently  I am working with people that have mental disabilities and physical ones.

Those people often can't even eat themselves. Nor talk, walk or wash themselves.

And only because the have Down Syndrome that doesn't mean they are stupid or not aware of their situation.

They know that someone has to feed them or clean them. 

It's not nice for an adult man if you have to clean him after he was on the toilette.

THIS is what it means to have a disability .. so why going on and on and on about a minor thing just like spelling?

If someone can't spell/type that good so be it - it's not a crime.

BUT saying that people are using this as an excuse and even go that far to put a description of it in your profile here is such a nasty mean thing to do.

So people might say she's nice - but I don't find it nice putting a description of  something that certain people have to deal with on your profile making sure to mark the word disability big.

That is rude and provokative and NOT wanted on this community.

9EggyIt.png

Sigh maybe its the word itself people take the wrong way. Any AEGIS please contact me tonight, @Proxeum my bro, get your anal on TS. 

She changed it to actually back up that her "opinion" is also the opinion of medical experts and even the UK Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back