What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why [AEGIS] Lexi was community banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly appropriate Steph...
I had people calling me a liar about her putting it on her profile so I am just showing that this is not what I am considering NICE and that I am not lying because there is no reason for me to do it.

@Steph ♥ as a father with a son with Dsylexia and Dyspraxia I am rather insulted that you think Down Syndrome is the same.  They are different types of disabilities, one being a learning and the other an intellegical disability. I would appreciate an apology.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had people calling me a liar about her putting it on her profile so I am just showing that this is not what I am considering NICE and that I am not lying because there is no reason for me to do it.
In that case let them check her profile themselves...

@Steph ♥ as a father with a son with Dsylexia and Dyspraxia I am rather insulted that you think Down Syndrome is the same.  They are different types of disabilities, one being a learning and the other an intellegical disability. I would appreciate an apology.
Once again: I think you misunderstood what I meant. They are not the SAME thing at all. I know that and this is not what I meant.

What I meant was it's rude to act like Dsylexia is a"Disability"just like Down Syndrome. In no way that was meant as a comparison of them being the same.  Apologies if you took it like this but it's not what I meant/said.

This is just so disrespectful.

I am a nurse and curently  I am working with people that have mental disabilities and physical ones.

Those people often can't even eat themselves. Nor talk, walk or wash themselves.

And only because the have Down Syndrome that doesn't mean they are stupid or not aware of their situation.

They know that someone has to feed them or clean them. 

It's not nice for an adult man if you have to clean him after he was on the toilette.

THIS is what it means to have a disability .. so why going on and on and on about a minor thing just like spelling?

If someone can't spell/type that good so be it - it's not a crime.

BUT saying that people are using this as an excuse and even go that far to put a description of it in your profile here is such a nasty mean thing to do.

So people might say she's nice - but I don't find it nice putting a description of  something that certain people have to deal with on your profile making sure to mark the word disability big.

That is rude and provokative and NOT wanted on this community.
I have dyslexia, which is classified as a learning disability. And is how I refer to it as well. As mentioned above, what you wrote implies that I can't feed or clean myself. Others with similar disabilities would find offence in that too. 

Wow !!

Just wow !!!!

So much to say, don't really feel free to though.

I do wonder in what context the comment was made, regardless of the validity of the statement, the environment is paramount.

@steph

I have a child in a special needs school, and another with a educational psychologist although they are physically able. I would get pissed off if somebody turned round and told me that his impediments are not a disability to him, just because somebody has it harder/different.

I know several dyslexic people who are gifted in music, maths, arts and so on. There is no need to label people on their personal traits, especially not here. If somebody wants to discuss matters of psychology, there are groups dedicated to that kind of stuff.

It's all a bit of a shame really. I'd only spoken to Lexi a fe times and I got the impression she was a decent person. I know she'd put in a lot of time with AEGIS and I believe she was a genuine benefit to the server BUT the dyslexia thing is insulting and she had made the point hit home a few times. 

For what's it's worth I thought she was a good person but she had strong opinions - This is often a good thing and I respect people who actually speak out, I just don't agree on the point about dyslexia. Times and opinions have changed. Less than 100 years ago people were branded inferior due to the colour of their skin - In some parts of the world they atill are. Same with religion and political belief. 

We're all just people and it's as shame we can't all just get along without ramming one another's beliefs down each other's throats. There always has to be respect and where statements are made, there are ways of delivering things calmly and politely without inciting a negative reaction. 

I fully understand and respect Wilco's decision. I think it's a shame and it may not have been the way I'd gone but yeah, the status on Lexi's profile seemed a bit much. There is too much fucking drama on the forum and the server sometimes without actively posting to seek negative debate. 

Peace and love you buggers. xx

As I said the problem here is that one side think it is a real disabiliy and the other don't and what I meant is that it is having a disability if you cant Clean yourself and eat for yourself. :)
I did not say people with Dyslexia can't eat or clean themself.

I was talking about MY PATIENTS.

As I said the problem here is that one side think it is a real disabiliy and the other don't and what I meant is that it is having a disability if you cant Clean yourself and eat for yourself. :)

We get it... No one cares about what you have said now! We are moved on from that and commenting about Lexi now!

My dad and sister both have dyslexia, it's never held them back and hopefully never will. 

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]That's not what a disability is, it's not a blanket thing.[/SIZE]

1. Disability is the consequence of an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, mental, sensory, emotional, developmental, or some combination of these. A disability may be present from birth, or occur during a person's lifetime.

Well, I have to say I'm a little disappointed to be honest, that she was banned.

I know Lexi has always had strong opinions, but honestly, the concept of Dyslexia and Dyspraxia being a disability have been debated intensely for some time, and considering that I believe that are actually covered under things like the Disability Discrimination Act.

I know its a personal subject for you, and you have strong opinions on it Wilco, but what she said isn't technically wrong, nor was it right.

Unless she has said some seriously derogatory stuff, then fair enough, but if her only statement was that she believes it to be a disability, then as I said before, I'm a little disappointed.

http://www.dyslexia-help.org/dda-information.asp

http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/dyspraxia-adults/workplace-employees/

Just some evidence to back up my statement.

I fear that you've just taken it a bit too personally Wilco, unless, as I said, she has said some derogatory things regarding Dyslexia and Dyspraxia.
It was said completely off topic... she was trying to get Ciaran banned because he issued her with a warning point for posting a pointless post of a thread that was nothing to do with her.

She then clearly turned her attentions onto me, Its a fucking gaming community a place for fun and people like her bringing up topics like that have no place

If you disagree with it then again the door is open to leave

Anyone that offends anyone in this community to that extent has no place here... if you disagree with the ban then its a open door policy
Can you elaborate to what was said exactly then? because people are posting their interpretations of the conversation which is going to be wrong. 

So basically we have come to the conclusion there is a bunch of different ways you can take the word disability. Some of you are thinking if the person cant physically do anything and always thinking of it in the (my opinion) extreme way, others are talking about the fact that a learning disability is a disability. I guess it comes down to how it was worded and how to take that word.

Productive as ever.

Anyone that offends anyone in this community to that extent has no place here... if you disagree with the ban then its a open door policy
I dont think it was meant in an offensive way...!

I think the context it has been took in is wrong.

I would URGE you to reconsider or at least chat with her on TS to sort things out and smooth this over.

I think both parties have said/took this wrongly and no one is in the right!

At least allow her a fair trial and to put across her side of the story/point of view to defend herself.

I don't know what happened between Lexi and you, but it's still quit sad I think.

I don't know Lexi very well but I know that she had very good idea's for this server and I know her as the leader of AEGIS what is a really good gang. Never saw her doing something wrong or saying something wrong too.

I feel sad about this..
I personally read all her opinions and ideas for the server the other day and nothing she has suggested would work here unfortunately like most suggestions they didn't look at the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back