What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why are the medics always just idling? 

Peanutcat

Why are the medics always just idling? 

Whenever we get into a gunfight and someone dies the medics just literally sits there for 40 minutes. They're idling AFK ingame or something. If they're not playing they should'nt be allowed to idle in game, at least if there are no medics on we can revive ourselves or a cop can. 

Is is just me or is it a bit ridiculous that you can lay dead next to the hospital for 40 minutes when there are 3 medics online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Medics aren't allowed to combat revive. Which means they have to wait 5 min after the last gunshot before they can revive somebody. Medics can place a Do Not Revive or DNR for short on you, when a rebel has ordered us not to revive him/her. 

I've never seen a medic being afk, or idling. The only reason why they're not getting closer is because they're rp'ing. And that can take time if it's fun. Be patient, if it takes too long you're probably dnr'ed. That's just bad luck for you.

Aaaand another one of those....

So let's begin with it: If you had made even the slightest effort to search in the forums you would have found countless posts about this topic and you would also have seen that the answers is always the same: They are not idling or AFK'ing on the server but actually RP'ing with patients. Also keep in mind that if somebody who is not actually not whitelisted as a medic and tries to spawn in as one and then gets the "mission failed" screen the server counts this as a medic as well.

I strongly recommend that you apply to the NHS get through the interview process and go on a few patrols yourself. Because this way you see that being a medic is alot harder than it looks like and you would actually help doing something against the long waiting times rather than moaning about it on the forums.

- CMO Joel Denning

So let's begin with it: If you had made even the slightest effort to search in the forums you would have found countless posts about this topic and you would also have seen that the answers is always the same: They are not idling or AFK'ing on the server but actually RP'ing with patients. Also keep in mind that if somebody who is not actually not whitelisted as a medic and tries to spawn in as one and then gets the "mission failed" screen the server counts this as a medic as well.

I strongly recommend that you apply to the NHS get through the interview process and go on a few patrols yourself. Because this way you see that being a medic is alot harder than it looks like and you would actually help doing something against the long waiting times rather than moaning about it on the forums.

- CMO Joel Denning
Perfect answer, amen!

Medics aren't here just to revive you we are here to roleplay and to enjoy ourselves, you aren't the only person that needs reviving 

​

​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Curtis prior,  it's a privilege to get revived"  

Last edited by a moderator:

- CMO Joel Denning
Just to add onto this, If you think a medic is afk on the server please message a CST within TS and we will have a look to see if this is the case. Like Joel said i would advise to apply for the NHS.

- CMO Joel Denning
So how does it work? Does medics have some kind of queue or do they just run of to whomever they want? 

I'm genuinely curious because I've had medics drive past me so many times to treat someone on the other side of the map.

So how does it work? Does medics have some kind of queue or do they just run of to whomever they want? 

I'm genuinely curious because I've had medics drive past me so many times to treat someone on the other side of the map.
It depends on the situation, it is usually a mix between who is the closest/who was waiting for the longest. It is always down to the lead of the patrol to whom they are going to next and help next.

- CMO Joel Denning

First of all,

Medics are usually overwhelmed with people to help and they may not choose you. When they do help someone, it takes time for them to RP especially if they are having fun.

Second of all,

Combat reviving is not allowed and the medics will need to wait a few minutes after combat has ended until they can revive.

Lastly,

The medics may be prioritizing police officers or they maybe too far away from you or you are furthest from them and more people who need revives still keep popping up while you are waiting.

Can we please make a rule that people aren't allowed to make these posts? It's so annoying that people are complaining about medics not reviving, that they have to wait 30+ bla bla bla.

Can we please make a rule that people aren't allowed to make these posts? It's so annoying that people are complaining about medics not reviving, that they have to wait 30+ bla bla bla.

You know, you dont have to read these posts right? Its quite easy just to ignore em..

Wanted to dig up this meme

hakuy.jpg

As medics we get a lot of requests for reviving and we have trouble keeping up with all of them, if you are patient with us we will respond to you as soon as we possible can and we thank you for your patience with us

- Par. Scott

I can see where his frustration stems from even though I agree that it must be made known that medics are here to have fun and roleplay as well. I personally feel that just as the police have rules that they must abide by, medics should have a rule that they are not allowed to spend more than 10 minutes with a patient as this is a clear reason for medics being overwhelmed with patients.

Back