What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why are UNMC Red?

Kaostic

Why is that the UNMC are Red (and green for our border) when the key on the side of the map says we're Orange?

Why not make all of our stuff orange?

Orange would be cool, it would imply that we aren't red like a drug dealer, but rather orange like a foreign country.

IMO I quite like the green, it make it look less "Dangerous" and more inviting, it might draw more curious hobos over there.

But yeah, if the map key says it's orange, one of the colours needs swapping around. 🍏

IMO I quite like the green, it make it look less "Dangerous" and more inviting, it might draw more curious hobos over there.

But yeah, if the map key says it's orange, one of the colours needs swapping around. 
1f34f.png
Might be nice to actually label it as a checkpoint, like the Police have it.

Why is that the UNMC are Red (and green for our border) when the key on the side of the map says we're Orange?

Why not make all of our stuff orange?
Really? You hassle-tagged me on THIS?

/me facepalms.

UNMC are red, because this is the colour they prefer to have their underwear (which you almost never see in-game). It reflects their psychotic nature, yet their determination to remain clandestine and subversive.

The border is green, because it is an environmentally friendly border, and is almost carbon-neutral in terms of footprint. The only time it is not, is when @Khandamir goes into methane production mode, but we decided it would be too much hassle to have the game automatically detect when he was farting, and change the border-colour on map.

The key on the side of the map shows UNMC as Orange, as a reference to the famous Dutch cartographer Pieter Van Der Aa (1659-1733) who 'invented' some of the earliest copyright theft and piracy of intellectual property. Years ahead of his time, was Aa. The UK even named a famous motoring organisation after him, but of course deny all connection with him now that piracy of maps is outlawed.

All of the UNMC stuff is not Orange, because the UNMC is neither a Dutch military organisation, nor is it predictable and boring. Tomorrow, everything it owns may be resprayed into Lavender, or Puce. General Melchett has already suggested that the camouflage be changed to a rainbow-inspired theme, with the words 'PRIDE' written across the shoulders, and the words "GOOD" and "DAY" written on the neckline, over the lapels. However, some issues were experienced in production, with those last two words overlapping slightly, and some confusion arising with another band of less militaristic, but equally enthusiastic campers. The order was therefore cancelled.

You see, everything is painstakingly thought out, at incredible depth, and the subtlety is often missed by the uninitiated or unobservant. Oh, the irony. "Any movement on this at all?" you asked so innocently. Of course there was! But it was so imperceptibly small, yet so far-reachingly consequent, you evidently missed it. ;)

Back