What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why can't we fish?

From what I remember reading, the environmentals (animals, fish, snakes) were removed to increase server performance.

No fish = No fishing!

I personally miss the fish dearly, maybe if the snakes/rabbits could stay removed, so many people on side loking for fish, water life is coming back, alot of people doing wrecks, give us back teh fishing i begggggggggg theee! a simple fisherman, cannot live a life without his fishies

I believe animals were improved to increase FPS for players on the server? So yeah... no fishing to improve server performance. Though I think it'd be good if boat-only income revenues were developed. 

BAck in the day popping a full sdar mag into a turtle before he died! iv noticed no FPS change since i started on the server, just desync change.

Is it actually proven that the server is performing better without the ambientn/ wildlife? I really miss it!!

Its not to improve server performance its to improve client side fps... I could of gone a step further and removed grass but this looked so bad!!

You cannot add back in the fish without adding snakes and rabbits, I think for such a small feature id rather keep it out and everyone enjoy a little bit of FPS increase.

So does client side FPS reflect apon ones computer? iv really always had 35-50 fps on the server which is more than playable on, it was the desync that kills people, remove the clouds and give us the fish lol :p orrrr make something out of it, for that tiny itty bit of FPS loss, iv seen on some servers your able to catch the rabbits and snakes also, the rabbits turn into rabbit meat which ofcourse you can eat, the snakes? ummm make some boots lol?

Last edited by a moderator:
What I have always wondered when it comes to fishing.. is what it has to do with the ambient life? I mean, there are no weed plants, no cocaine plants, no frogs.. Yet we still collect that. Wouldnt it be possible to make fishing area's where people could fish in the same way we gather cocaine, without actually putting fish in as physical beings?

the snakes? ummm make some boots lol?
You can eat snakes too, from what I heard they are very tasty as well.

This could be cool khand, but hunting the sharks down, picking out the tuna from the carp was part of the beauty of fishing :)

I would love it, if the devs could somehow make more use of the water. We are on an island after all, seems silly you can only do the shipwrecks, that aren't even really worth it. There's quite a few boats and diving is a lot of fun.

Do you need fish to go fishing can you just go into a designated area and fish with a fishing rod similar to how you get iron, diamond etc?

Currently fishing isnt in the game no more :( this is why we fight! fight for the fish! if not us, then who will?

Back