What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why does it seem everyone in managment/devs/staff is so against "war."

I have been in a war myself as I was Vagos and we would constantly be in war with Aztecas. It is exciting to know that everytime you log on, you have to always be on your toes to not get shot on turf, not get kidnapped, and get ready for pushes/ defending. Ending a war doesn’t mean you get rid of the history between you and the warring gang. You would still be enemies if you want to, but ending a war just means that you’ll stop all the war rules that are in place, like no KOS on turf etc, and go back to the “Not in a war” gang routine. After ending it, you need another series of RP events to happen before declaring another war. Bear in mind, everytime a war is ongoing, it is obvious to the whole server as shootouts happen in the city, tweedle posts like “IN THE MUD”. If it goes on too long, we all know reports start popping up on the forums left and right. As of now I don’t think there has been any war that no one reports a rule break. If the report doesn’t include the warring gang, it would include police. That’s the point where you should realize that a war has been going on for far too long. End it, go next. End the current war, get a break, and prepare for the next war.

@Ravenzzz I can agree with that to a certain extent. Yes gangs never want to back down due to ego's. But in reality, a gang would only ever want to quit if they are severely losing the war. You make good points of at the start of a war, there is genuine good RP and speaking from a Ballas perspective, we have tried to build things up with Grove over time and gradually make it more serious. 

We haven't exactly ended stuff with Grove as we have literal history of always fighting each other and not getting a long for the most part. But since last night, we came to a mutual cease fire. So to answer your question, it's hard to take an 'L' in terms of gang wars tbh. No one wants to quit and that's what makes it interesting. But maybe as you say, there should be some kind of limit and not waring each other for months on end. I believe war should only happen over a series of RP events that give you no other choice such as the constant shit talk/drive byes/kidnapping/robbing etc. It's hard to just answer that if you are not seeing it from a gang POV or have no experience in a gang.
Yhe exactly what yacob says we are never gonna be friends with ballas but we stopped the conflict for now to let it chill for a bit and not become something that happens 24/7 but obviously it will be restarted at a later date this is basically to take a breather from the conflict.

The reason for it to be stopped is to try and make it as less toxic as possible and to not stagnate quickly, not become something that isn't enjoyable in the long run, as we all know unfortunately even if the wars start calm and peacefull sometimes it just goes to the toxic side eventually so letting it cool off for a bit so no one runs out of patience and so its doesn't go to that state.

And again all the wars we have done with ballas have always been progressive with kidnapping, Meele fights and eventually the gunfights.

If you ask me wars shouldn't escalate to gunfights from the get go, it should be progressive.

I personally believe no War should stem from an exchange of words no matter how good that roleplay scene or scenario was , it should be more than that. A robbing of a gangs shipment of drugs , guns or cash ( not restricted to this but also materials etc ) which then leads to further roleplay of meetings to discuss how to resolve this. Then further meetings and demands , then maybe a confrontation of  2 gang members at a local shop while buying some repair kits. Then further questioning of why that person was killed. RP is dynamic and theres endless scenarios that could be created. 

Moving on from the point above we all dont want wars to start over calling each other names however hopefully in the future to improve gang roleplay , gangs should have specific assets restricted to them only. Although these assets should be uniquely different they should also hold the same value as other unique assets that other gang members have.  Lets say one gang has cocaine and the other Meth , the process of getting them and the profit margins should be equivalent. Yet again this could not only be drugs but other stuff such as guns and turfs. I have read a few posts and a lot of people have expanded on this concept and want to see it possibly implemented. 
I can say that it will be hard work to literally change the structure of gangs like this but i can only see it as a benefit to gangs and to improve roleplay.   
Yet again it all boils down to gangs using what they have been given to create in depth storylines and not just pulling up on turfs with armored cars and guns because someone stole 50 bagged cocaine from the prospect in your gang.  

In all fairness, I don't think wars should be like they are. 24/7 Pushes until the other is out of resources or wants the war to stop doesn't make sense. 
I think it should just be one of those cases were you can catch people lacking, disrupt movements of goods etc. 

But it seems that war turns into just 24/7 gunfights, which don't get me wrong I don't mind. But I would actually like some real RP involved. 

I'd personally say because this is ment to be a proper RP server. When the hell do you ever see "Gangs" all equipped with guns attacking in the streets and in public? It just doesn't happen. A war is what happens when countries fight each other.

Real gangs would for instance disrupt/sabotage deliveries of a rival drugs, set ups, blackmails ect. Not roll up in cars shooting from windows. Too many American movies being watched. 

I'd personally say because this is ment to be a proper RP server. When the hell do you ever see "Gangs" all equipped with guns attacking in the streets and in public? It just doesn't happen. A war is what happens when countries fight each other.

Real gangs would for instance disrupt/sabotage deliveries of a rival drugs, set ups, blackmails ect. Not roll up in cars shooting from windows. Too many American movies being watched. 
Acapulco, Mexico, 2022. Sorry but there is much worse than this IRL if you know where to look for it. It doesnt happen in England, granted but it happens in many places around the developing world. 

Back