What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Win 10 upgrade

Kech

The King
Upgrading win 7 to win 10, anyone have any tips or issues with their experience? 

I ask mainly for what bits of win 10 can I disable to free up more resources

So far windows 10 has been just fine for me! could not really knock it

If you are doing an in-place upgrade, you should do that first and then reinstall from fresh.

If you have a new copy of win 10 - i'd still install from fresh and set the whole machine up from scratch. It's a little extra time but it means you wont be bringing over or holding over the dregs of your windows 7 installation.

During setup, make sure you go into the customised settings and turn off all the telemetry to microsoft.

Ewww windows 10.

You pretty much have no privacy if you accept the TOS and don't change the settings:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-violates-your-privacy-by-default-heres-how-you-can-protect-yourself/

Apart from that, I've had a bunch of technical issues with it, including it blue screening my dads PC while installing, also a few games didn't work even in capability mode.

For some more in-depth reasons:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

p.s

It comes with a bunch of adware and junkware normally :L

Last edited by a moderator:
1 hour ago, ApexNetworks said:

Ewww windows 10.

You pretty much have no privacy if you accept the TOS and don't change the settings:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-violates-your-privacy-by-default-heres-how-you-can-protect-yourself/

Apart from that, I've had a bunch of technical issues with it, including it blue screening my dads PC while installing, also a few games didn't work even in capability mode.

For some more in-depth reasons:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
On the other hand, I have zero issues whatsoever, and Windows 10 works fine for me. Disable all telemetry with a simple program, and then carry on with your day, it looks nicer imo, and you'll get some bonuses with DX12 as well when games full utilise that.

Back