What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Windows 10 from my hard drive to ssd

JSt4r

Banned
So basically I installed Windows 8.1 on my harddrive when I first got my PC, I then did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I was wondering how I can do a fresh restart and put Windows 10 on my SSD.

Is your SSD completely empty?

Do you have a windows disk?(can be any because you can upgrade to win 10 anyhow)

You want a completely fresh install; are there files from your HDD you want? 

Is your SSD completely empty?

Do you have a windows disk?(can be any because you can upgrade to win 10 anyhow)

You want a completely fresh install; are there files from your HDD you want? 
nah it's not empty has my Arma 3 on, I do have a Windows disk and I have moved all important files to a external HDD

nah it's not empty has my Arma 3 on, I do have a Windows disk and I have moved all important files to a external HDD
You need to format the SSD (delete all files) 

install windows and then upgrade it

then you can simply transfer any data over

You could consider to clone your harddrive to make it a bit easier if you have enough space. There is enough programs out there to easily clone your harddrive to your SSD.

So basically I installed Windows 8.1 on my harddrive when I first got my PC, I then did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I was wondering how I can do a fresh restart and put Windows 10 on my SSD.
Go for a nice new fresh installation of windows10 :D get a usb thumb drive (empty)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Make sure your SSD is also empty and your data backup up.

then uplug your HDD (just to be on the safe side;) ) and then plug in the usb drive and installing it is a doddle :) if you do run into any issue's just plug your HDD back in and come back here for help, make sure you take photo's of the stage your having problems with etc etc makes our life easier.

Go for a nice new fresh installation of windows10 :D get a usb thumb drive (empty)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Make sure your SSD is also empty and your data backup up.

then uplug your HDD (just to be on the safe side;) ) and then plug in the usb drive and installing it is a doddle :) if you do run into any issue's just plug your HDD back in and come back here for help, make sure you take photo's of the stage your having problems with etc etc makes our life easier.
+1 my friend.

Provided your mobo and CPU havent changed, your HWID is still licences for 10. just unplug HDD, put in SSD, and use a usb stick made with the above tool and you are good to go.

Back