What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Windows Update buggering Shadowplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DainMK

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
@lionel @Zeito 

First off a suggestion - All posts in this forum be PM'd, emailed, and sent via carrier pigeon to the tech pillars of this community - Lionel and Zeito. You guys are great :D 

OK, to the problem!

So since these blasted windows updates came along, shadowplay has been uncooperative to say the least.

I think it was working OK (although I cannot be certain) until I installed the new nvidia drivers (which also updated geforce experience).

Drivers and other crap installed fine, but when it tries geforce experience it fails. First time it gave me a 'runtime error', and since then it just says no.

Any ideas? I kinda need shadowplay for the hilarious and depressing occurrences I come across in admincam.

@lionel @Zeito 

First off a suggestion - All posts in this forum be PM'd, emailed, and sent via carrier pigeon to the tech pillars of this community - Lionel and Zeito. You guys are great :D 

OK, to the problem!

So since these blasted windows updates came along, shadowplay has been uncooperative to say the least.

I think it was working OK (although I cannot be certain) until I installed the new nvidia drivers (which also updated geforce experience).

Drivers and other crap installed fine, but when it tries geforce experience it fails. First time it gave me a 'runtime error', and since then it just says no.

Any ideas? I kinda need shadowplay for the hilarious and depressing occurrences I come across in admincam.
Are you able to uninstall Geforce Experience and reinstall it? Sounds like there's maybe a dependency issue with the runtime error.

p.s. we just need to be mods of our own section ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me have a look...

And btw you are quick! Those pigeons must be working flat out..

Let me have a look...

And btw you are quick! Those pigeons must be working flat out..
I'm all about those SLAs.

And I'm also at home from work today waiting for new brakes to be fitted to the car. "Working from Home" = Watching How it's Made on Discovery.

Nope, it doesn't appear to be there to uninstall. Certainly after the nvidia update it disappeared. I guess it uninstalled prior to attempting a reinstall. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, it doesn't appear to be there to uninstall. Certainly after the nvidia update it disappeared. I guess it uninstalled prior to attempting a reinstall. 
If you download the installer and run it, what happens?

I downloaded the update package, and it installs everything but experience. Let me see if I can download just the geforce experience part..

Who would've thought installing the program would help it work....

Zeito, you're a genius! 

And I'm an idiot... Locking topic due to stupidity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back