What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Working cinema on Vinewood Blvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie Czechs

Brief Summary: 

A working cinema on Vinewood Blvd

Detailed Suggestion:

Recently I have discovered a cinema up in Vinewood Blvd and thought it would be great if actual movies could be played there. The interior is already there so the only things would be to make it possible for movies to be played on the screen.

I believe it would add more to the RP in the server and would offer more options for employment and more things to do in city when bored.

If it was to be possible this would of been my idea:

• One of the civilians would be the owner.

• Possibility for civilians to be employed as cashiers, managers etc.

• Movies would be able to be played, paused etc. by the owner and employees

• Either make specific dates for when a movie will be played or make a weekly plan

• Possibility of renting the room for a private movie events

• And much more!

Ideas of what to add if the suggestion gets accepted:

• Tickets as an actual inventory item

• Cinema's logo

• Uniforms for employees with said logo on it

• Custom cinema food (Popcorn, drinks in cups with the cinema's logo on it, etc.)

• Make screens display what food can be ordered and for what prize

• Little rework of interior

• Add staff room in the back of the cinema or/

• Whole interior change - https://forum.cfx.re/t/mlo-release-cinema-doppler/4834061

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dFXBbCcQYFdNq8SllP8pKGub8Sk081iMhTlBcLRsy4c/edit

How to make it work?

From what I found there are already made working scripts that would just need to be added into the server. One of which is for example Hypnonema.
https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-hypnonema-media-player-resource-twitch-youtube-and-more-c/783324#heading--about

What about copyright?
As for the concerns of copyright. There are some public domain movies that could be played. Also other videos (YouTube etc.) could be played other than movies.

Plus that could also bring the option for the citizens of LS to make their own movies/videos that could be displayed and that would again add to the roleplay and more stuff to do in the city.

The Pros:

• Would add more into the roleplay and people's interactions

• Adds more stuff to do in city when bored and a place to meet new people etc.

• Interior is already in city, only needs to make it possible to display movies on the screen

The Cons:

• More dev work

• Might affect the city performance

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Possibly

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing suggestion, but i assume this would make a lot of copyright issues if real movies were played.

Yeah as Isak said, unless you want to boot up a whole performing arts side of los santos and people make their own films this probably wouldn’t work due to copyright issues. Good idea though. 

Amazing suggestion, but i assume this would make a lot of copyright issues if real movies were played.

Yeah as Isak said, unless you want to boot up a whole performing arts side of los santos and people make their own films this probably wouldn’t work due to copyright issues. Good idea though. 
Yes, that is understandable. However there are some public domain movies that could be played, or other videos could be played other than movies. And there would always be the great option for the citizens of LS to make their own movies/videos that would be displayed and that would again add to the roleplay and more stuff to do in the city.

YES DO IT SO I WAN WATCH HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ON REPEAT AGAIN THANK YOU ❤️❤️

Wouldn't be as bad if used YouTube links ect just like using a dj booth but plays the video too 

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, LS preforming arts would be good. Could finally give meaning to the movie studio. Film makers get %% of ticket sales, police close roads for stunts. Ect, ect. This could be a foundation

Its a great idea in theory.

If majestic productions/weasel news were still active that could allow for some in game footage to be used which I dont believe would be a copyright issue.

Another idea would be streams of users, snuffles etc, flagged as reality tv shows, real life documentaries etc. Cops was a very successful series for a very long time with Sheriff John Brown (if anyone's humming the tune right now just no that I am too)

I could imagine it'd be a laugh to watch.

The server bandwidth might also be a problem though potentially? Dunno, throwing out ideas as to the pro's and con's only. Practicalities may be a little different.

I think this is a great idea, I made a suggestion a couple weeks ago regarding other possible activities that can be brought into the city. Would definitely bring communities together and be a great laugh.

+1 Would be really nice and could possibly lead to a LS film festival, maybe implement it using the same system that allows things to be projected onto whiteboards.

+1 I can already imagine a red carpet premiere event for an RPUK made film. Great Suggestion!

This is actually a working Cinema and has been used a few times before.

One being @FatherAugustuslife documentary which was stupidly long lol

I think it comes down to a big issue of trust about what gets played on the screens and I believe currently the way it is coded only devs/admins can access the feature.

It is a good idea though

This is actually a working Cinema and has been used a few times before.

One being @FatherAugustuslife documentary which was stupidly long lol

I think it comes down to a big issue of trust about what gets played on the screens and I believe currently the way it is coded only devs/admins can access the feature.

It is a good idea though
Tbh I did not know it is already a working cinema and has been used before. But the same idea still applies.

I believe it could bring something new and exciting if it was to be owned by one of the civilians. Yes, it would be a lot about trust as to what would be played there. But then that could eventually be discussed between the potential owner and the admins. And I believe that coding it so certain more people would be able to access it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

+1 Sounds like a great Idea

Could potentially open up more jobs for the the city, would be great to see a bigger variety of legal jobs.

I've driven past the cinemas in the city so many times, with the silver screen motifs and nods everywhere from the radio stations through to the stars on the vinewood walk of fame. I absolutely LOVE this idea. 

The problem is I am living in a fantasy land, the practicalities (as many others have already said) are huge and would be a mountain to climb to be able to enjoy the cinema experience. I love the novelty of it but I dont think films (at an hour plus) are the way to go, imagine starting a film at 1900 UK time.... Everyone out for reset! Shorter "movies" or other things (no not the adult ones!) would be more suitable but the question is - why? Why would you want to go to the cinema IN A GAME when you could actually go to the cinema IRL and actually watch a film? This is the point where my immersion breaks. 

The idea of creating a short film (using admin cam? or something similar) however MASSIVELY appeals to me, showing some Ted Talks would also be brilliant, interviews with people from the city? docuseries? weazel news collaboration? Videos of court cases? Other marquee RP events - all of this stuff I would love to see on the screen in a cinema as that would be relevant to my gaming experience and to the RP in the city. Whilst it isnt ACTUAL REAL cinema I think it would fit the bill for what you are trying to achieve and I would fucking love to see that come in to the city. 

+1 huge 1 from me. Id give it plus 2 if i could. 

The problem is I am living in a fantasy land, the practicalities (as many others have already said) are huge and would be a mountain to climb to be able to enjoy the cinema experience. I love the novelty of it but I dont think films (at an hour plus) are the way to go, imagine starting a film at 1900 UK time.... Everyone out for reset! Shorter "movies" or other things (no not the adult ones!) would be more suitable but the question is - why? Why would you want to go to the cinema IN A GAME when you could actually go to the cinema IRL and actually watch a film? This is the point where my immersion breaks. 
Yes, that is definitely something to think about. There is a chance of people getting bored half way through the movie, have already seen it etc. Plus as you mentioned the restarts wouldn't make it any easier. But! That would be something to be discussed if this was actually implemented. There are many other things that could be played that have been mentioned before. Such as YT videos, Twitch streams, Player made films/videos etc.

The idea of creating a short film (using admin cam? or something similar) however MASSIVELY appeals to me, showing some Ted Talks would also be brilliant, interviews with people from the city? docuseries? weazel news collaboration? Videos of court cases? Other marquee RP events - all of this stuff I would love to see on the screen in a cinema as that would be relevant to my gaming experience and to the RP in the city. Whilst it isnt ACTUAL REAL cinema I think it would fit the bill for what you are trying to achieve and I would fucking love to see that come in to the city. 
I definitely agree with this! It would be great and so much fun if people created their own movies, documentaries, videos and many other things that you have mentioned. It would give people more fun things to do, would give new connections between people, improve roleplay and much more. I think that would also make people wanna come to the cinema even more as each "movie" would always be different and something no one has seen before.

+1 huge 1 from me. Id give it plus 2 if i could. 
Appreciate that a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back