What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

You've Gotta Do what You've Gotta Do.

Frisky Hen

The Only Hen with a Cock
Have a little story for you guys. I even have a few pictures to keep it mildly entertaining.. hopefully.

*** Click on each picture to enlarge them, all in a silly little album ***

So today my CPU decided to go boomtastic bombastic in quite a major way. At idle, after the computer being off for 30 minutes; with the fan blasting at maximum capacity, the side panel open, a desk fan blasting into the case and the CPU ratio being pushed down to less than half of what the standard is my CPU was an impressive 108 degrees centigrade. 

A quick screenshot I got before a system crash

I should also mention I need my computer tonight to do some much needed study of analytics for college. 

Needless to say I was a little worried and consulted @Unlucky George for some help. After a bit of talking I cleaned out my GPU which was packed with dust and tried running things again. This time I was given a swift system dump before the computer shut down. After about dozen attempts to run the computer in any shape or form, all resulting in another catastrophic crash, I decided to look into hardware solutions.

Slightly Dusty Graphics Card

Only Slightly

After a little while I decided to take the CPU fan off and check it, even though I knew this would break the thermal paste seal. Fortunately it looked like the paste was already fecked! I was actually quite relieved as I at least knew what the issue was and it is a relatively easy fix. I had already ordered a Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo which comes with a wee bit of paste in the box. One slight issue though, I still needed my computer tonight to do my college work. I looked around for 5 minutes for thermal paste before giving up and trying to think of a alternate solution. 

My dead CPU - Still hot enough to boil a small cup of tea on

"What would create a cooling bond in the same way thermal paste would?" After a few moments of pondering I had it! I ran outside to my garage and pulled out the perfect substance, marine grade engine grease. I was slightly skeptical but decided the reward outweighed the risk and slabbered a load on. The results were, fairly amazing! 

The Greased Up CPU

So the moral of the story is, if you're ever in a tight pinch for thermal paste use a bit of engine grease. I'll update you guys if my computer burns in a grease fire or anything like that. 

Frisky xx 

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard bottling up a little bit of piss then let it set to a jelly substance and rubbing it on does the job perfectly

Also here's a chimp in a coat 

IMG-20150929-WA0005.jpg

So the moral of the story is, if you're ever in a tight pinch for thermal paste use a bit of engine grease.
I've found a new home for you 
e3eb4df512ccf169f0daa363bef3c820.png
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupportmacgyver/

Back