What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Graphics Card

Jolly

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
I just wanted to throw this thread up and ask if anyone knows where I can get a cheap (ish) and decent graphics card

The current one I have is the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Looking to purchase in the range of £120 - £150

Any help would be appreciated xoxoxo

Last edited by a moderator:
A price range would probably be the most beneficial thing to add here so we can help. 😀

Around that price range ive heard good things about the 1050ti's, https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/gpu-nvidia/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb there's a link to a few of them. There are some that are slightly over budget but there are some there for just below, i'd personally stay away from AMD Cards as it's what i currently have and ive had nothing but trouble from it. 
Thanks so much. I've had a look and I really like the look of this one. What do you think?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-d5-4gb-gddr5-graphics-card-768-core-1290mhz-gpu-1392mhz-boost

Oki dokie! Thanks for your suggestion. It's helped me a lot!

Sorry to join this convo so late but personal I run the MSI NVIDIA Gforce GTX 1050 Ti and it is great I used to run a singe Monitor which was a wide screen at 2560 x 1080, I cant say FPS sorry but it always looked fine and never had issues now i run and additional monitor an acer preditor at 3840 x 2160 which i use as my main monitor and after overclocking it runs at 60 FPS fairly consistently. Hope this helps Maverick

I think the rx570 is around £150, possibly a tad north which I believe is a good deal. In terms of performance I think it is just under the 1060, but above the 1050 if I remember  correctly 
The problem being AMD Cards have a tendency of coming from the factory with poor thermal pasting and will maybe 1 year down the line require you to take it apart and run the risk of voiding warranty to fix there mistake, ive had 2 AMD cards and this has happened to me on both of them hence the warning to stay away, that and the crimson software they use is one of the worst programmes ive ever had the pleasure of using. That being said it could just be me being picky but if it were my choice i'd stick to the Nvidia side of things. 

Thanks so much. I've had a look and I really like the look of this one. What do you think?

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-d5-4gb-gddr5-graphics-card-768-core-1290mhz-gpu-1392mhz-boost
I got this one, its good enough to run pretty much all games, hood thing about 1050ti’s is they dont need a power cable as they only use a small amount of power from motherboard, its also small so should fit in ur case easily conpared to the dual fan variants which can be too big

To be honest there is no point spending 150 on a gpu, It would be better to get like 250 instead and get something that is miles better than the one you could get for 100 pounds less. 

I personally own a GTX 1050ti and it runs everything i need well. However, the 1060 6gb's are coming down in price this one which is just below £200. I know its out of the budget but might be worth mentioning.

The problem being AMD Cards have a tendency of coming from the factory with poor thermal pasting and will maybe 1 year down the line require you to take it apart and run the risk of voiding warranty to fix there mistake, ive had 2 AMD cards and this has happened to me on both of them hence the warning to stay away, that and the crimson software they use is one of the worst programmes ive ever had the pleasure of using. That being said it could just be me being picky but if it were my choice i'd stick to the Nvidia side of things. 
AMD doesnt build cards you'd acutally would by,  3rd party does. Like Asus, MSI etc wich there's nothing wrong with. If you had problems with yours its the manufacturers problem, not AMD (if you're buying reference cards its your own fault, cuz they're crap). I would go for rx570, way better than 1050ti

AMD doesnt build cards you'd acutally would by,  3rd party does. Like Asus, MSI etc wich there's nothing wrong with. If you had problems with yours its the manufacturers problem, not AMD (if you're buying reference cards its your own fault, cuz they're crap). I would go for rx570, way better than 1050ti
I have a 480 it's trash i can't even launch Counter Strike without it making my screens flicker green and have a heart attack i have to remove 50% of the power from it if i want to play rainbow six siege/rust as wattman that comes with the amd software has so many bugs that haven't been fixed, i had an old HD 7770 When they were fairly new had nothing but trouble with that. If i didn't need a card upgrade to play Forza when i had my 750ti i'd probably still have it now. Nvidia make superior cards in my personal opinion. The only reason i went AMD again was price as Nvidia were roughly £100-£150 more expensive for a similar card. Won't be making that mistake again. 

I have a 480 it's trash i can't even launch Counter Strike without it making my screens flicker green and have a heart attack i have to remove 50% of the power from it if i want to play rainbow six siege/rust as wattman that comes with the amd software has so many bugs that haven't been fixed, i had an old HD 7770 When they were fairly new had nothing but trouble with that. If i didn't need a card upgrade to play Forza when i had my 750ti i'd probably still have it now. Nvidia make superior cards in my personal opinion. The only reason i went AMD again was price as Nvidia were roughly £100-£150 more expensive for a similar card. Won't be making that mistake again. 
Your card is artifacting, wich means its broken and should be returned to retailer for RMA. And why use a broken software when you have afterburner everyone whos somewhat competent are using for that kind of stuff?

I've had alot of AMD gpus in the past, and had problems with one of it, the bearing in the fan gave up, and you know what? Isnt AMDs fault at all. AMD make all the dies, the shiny rectangular thing underneath the cooler big as around 3x3cm, if then 3rd party manufactures like ASUS, MSI etc put them together with bad thermal paste, bad cooling solution, bad circuit boards etc isnt AMDs fault at all.

And yes, back in 2011ish they had problems with drivers, wich is almost 10 years ago. After they released 280/290 series no big issues with drivers has been around

Your card is artifacting, wich means its broken and should be returned to retailer for RMA. And why use a broken software when you have afterburner everyone whos somewhat competent are using for that kind of stuff?

I've had alot of AMD gpus in the past, and had problems with one of it, the bearing in the fan gave up, and you know what? Isnt AMDs fault at all. AMD make all the dies, the shiny rectangular thing underneath the cooler big as around 3x3cm, if then 3rd party manufactures like ASUS, MSI etc put them together with bad thermal paste, bad cooling solution, bad circuit boards etc isnt AMDs fault at all.

And yes, back in 2011ish they had problems with drivers, wich is almost 10 years ago. After they released 280/290 series no big issues with drivers has been around
The current software has the wattman bug... Afterburner also has nothing to do with the drivers as far as im aware so that's why im not using that for everything... I'm going from my experiences at the end of the day, never in my life had a bad experience with Nvidia and thats why i recommend it over anything AMD card wise. My card only just started doing the buggy screen thing within the past 2 weeks and unfortunately just fell out of warranty at the beginning of the year otherwise it'd have been sent back already. I myself will never but anything AMD wise with graphics cards again but i'm not slating the whole company i'd be more than happy to buy a ryzen chip 

Back