Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
DAYZ RP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Shuttle

Standardise Combat Reviving Rule

Question

Shuttle

Standardise Combat Reviving Rule

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

The rule 11.4 currently prevents NHS/Police/Poseidon from reviving whilst a shot has been fired within the last 5 minutes, whilst allowing civilians to do so.

I think the rule should be changed to include civilians. The rule was written when the civilian defibrillator had a script that took around 5 minutes to revive someone - the revived person would have a bright screen with text & music for a long time before they could move / do anything. The defibrillator has not done this for a long time, and so the rule should be changed accordingly.

Or you should make it so everyone can revive

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

Prevents a massive imbalance in gunfights, where civs revive each other and are able to rejoin a gunfight 5 minutes later (or claim they got shot at whilst "leaving" and rejoin the gunfight instantly)

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

I imagine civs will dislike this rule change

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

Whatever the current punishment is

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 11

30 answers to this question

K I E R A N

So because civs can Revive in gunfights it means everyone else should -1imo you have numbers and we can revive in gunfights equals it out a little bit 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 3

Simon Ross

Mass imbalance? The only time we have had a defib strat work is when we locked ourselves in a tower and didn’t touch the roof. Poseidon/Police get unlimited defibs, wayyy more People(generally), stretchers with the Medkit. Rebels get to combat revive if they go to a hospital, and purchase the stretcher and defibs(for 20k a piece). It is fully balanced imo 

p.s - really mature for what? An SI?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 10

Shuttle
1 minute ago, K I E R A N said:

So because civs can Revive in gunfights it means everyone else should -1imo you have numbers and we can revive in gunfights equals it out a little bit 

Can you read the suggestion in future thanks

HappyKnife
3 minutes ago, Simon Ross said:

p.s - really mature for what? An SI? Grow up- just because someone else gets something doesn’t mean you need it too

wtf are you even talking about lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Simon Ross
1 minute ago, Shuttle said:

7 minutes ago, Shuttle said:

Whatever way you take it. You want it the same for both. You can still figure out what he wants either decision you want from your post. 

• Facepalm 6

Hammah
4 minutes ago, Simon Ross said:

p.s - really mature for what? An SI? Grow up- just because someone else gets something doesn’t mean you need it too

tenor.gif?itemid=4995479

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

charlito
5 minutes ago, K I E R A N said:

3 minutes ago, Shuttle said:

10 minutes ago, Shuttle said:

you should make it so everyone can revive

??? That is literally what you said

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

K I E R A N
1 minute ago, Shuttle said:

My apologies sir, so because we can revive in a gunfight  it’s unfair ?

what about the 25vs5 that to me is unfair why should it always be one sided 

• Like 4

charlito
Just now, Simon Ross said:

who woulda guessed x

hop on squad activated

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Shuttle
7 minutes ago, Simon Ross said:
15 minutes ago, Shuttle said:

Whatever way you take it. You want it the same for both. You can still figure out what he wants either decision you want from your post. 

5 minutes ago, charlito said:
15 minutes ago, Shuttle said:

you should make it so everyone can revive

??? That is literally what you said

I assumed it was obvious given that I clearly suggested a rule change and then suggested an alternative, that I would be after the primary change. 

charlito
2 minutes ago, Shuttle said:

I assumed it was obvious given that I clearly suggested a rule change and then suggested an alternative, that I would be after the primary change. 

So because you've made multiple suggestions we cannot critique any of them? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Rice Krispy

I understand how it can be a pain for factions, but I do feel like how it currently is steers more towards balance than if rebels couldn’t combat revive. The factions get the numbers, so rebels should have a way of evening the odds more. 

It’s not really a common occurrence to see rebels get combat revived anyway, we need to go and buy defibs and then we’d also be vulnerable when actually reviving. 

If factions could combat revive like rebels then there would be a massive balance issue. Because instead of 5 rebels reviving each other to survive, you would now have 20 cops reviving each other and constantly hitting. 

I don’t think there’s enough to warrant a change of this rule right now, it gives a benefit to rebel which can be nice and helpful.

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

Fergu

Don't civs have to pay for defibs and police don't????

Us buying a defib is the same price as you buying a mark 1,

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Facepalm 1

GHOSTK1LL3R

This thread right here shows whats wrong with the ethos of the server.

Whatever rebels get, cops must get. 

Why even be a rebel anymore? 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 2

SI Nomad
19 minutes ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

This thread right here shows whats wrong with the ethos of the server.

Whatever rebels get, cops must get. 

Why even be a rebel anymore? 

Why even go on the forums anymore if us cops can't even say hello without wanting to destroy the entire server... All he did was make a suggestion for something he felt was unfair. Clearly, you guys don't think it's unfair, then explain it in a good way to us "Hey, this isn't actually that unfair, because of this and this", instead of always assuming the worst. It's not always easy to see it from a rebel persepctive, so show us, explain, have and adult conversation instead of this complaining. This is an adult community after all.

PS. I think this applies to cops responding to rebel suggestions as well, you just so happened to have a reply where I could express this DS.

• Like 3

GHOSTK1LL3R
7 minutes ago, CI Nomad said:

Why even go on the forums anymore if us cops can't even say hello without wanting to destroy the entire server... All he did was make a suggestion for something he felt was unfair. Clearly, you guys don't think it's unfair, then explain it in a good way to us "Hey, this isn't actually that unfair, because of this and this", instead of always assuming the worst. It's not always easy to see it from a rebel persepctive, so show us, explain, have and adult conversation instead of this complaining. This is an adult community after all.

PS. I think this applies to cops responding to rebel suggestions as well, you just so happened to have a reply where I could express this DS.

Rebels have been getting shafted for years now, if we don't show distaste, the server will become even more whitelisted faction sided. 

What do you expect to happen? Rebels to be passive on these threads? I don't see you playing rebel, I don't see you having to deal with the shit rebels do.

• Facepalm 1

Fergu
8 minutes ago, CI Nomad said:

Your telling us to act like adults when anything a rebel says gets at least 1 face-palm from AR. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

SI Nomad
2 minutes ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

Rebels have been getting shafted for years now, if we don't show distaste, the server will become even more whitelisted faction sided. 

What do you expect to happen? Rebels to be passive on these threads? I don't see you playing rebel, I don't see you having to deal with the shit rebels do.

Never said you need to be passive, but do it in a constructive manner.

And you are right, I don't play rebel, I haven't for a long time, I have no clue what it's like. That doesn't mean you can't be calm and collected on the forums.

1 minute ago, Fergu said:

Your telling us to act like adults when anything a rebel says gets at least 1 face-palm from AR. 

No, I think ALL people should start acting like adults, this definitely includes any police members. Also, AR is not the entire police.

• Facepalm 1

Busterguy

Why do people always use the excuse of police have more numbers. Most of the time you will have 20-30 police on. They could then be dealing with 4-5 situations at the same time. That's 5-8 cops per situation at best. Unless its something like a HM etc where you will get 20 ish cops respond.

Do the maths...

On other notes +1 to this suggestion 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

K I E R A N
1 minute ago, Busterguy said:

Why do people always use the excuse of police have more numbers. Most of the time you will have 20-30 police on. They could then be dealing with 4-5 situations at the same time. That's 5-8 cops per situation at best. Unless its something like a HM etc where you will get 20 ish cops respond.

Do the maths...

On other notes +1 to this suggestion 🙂 

Haha show proof that when thers 30 cops on only a small percentage respond to a situation I can tell you now a lot more than 5-8 cops respond 😂😂

• Like 1

ReissMate

the rule should be changed to "when you are revived you cannot actively get yourself into the same situation for 15 minutes"

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

charlito
5 minutes ago, Police Man Reiss said:

"when you are revived you cannot actively get yourself into the same situation for 15 minutes"

surely getting combat revived means you are taking fire tho, which means whoever gets revived can defend themselves.

Perspective - Riz

What people seem to be forgetting - Defibs can only be used when there are no medics on duty. This is usually the case for most of morning/mid day. What I've noticed from playing during those times is that there is usually a lot more cops on than civilians - or the ratio is large. Quite a lot larger than any gang active at that time.

Rebels find themselvs out numbered at least 2/1, if not even 3/1. Being able to combat revive in situations like that evens out the balance for these gangs.

At the end of the day it is not a massive deal as there is usually medics online. When there aren't - police numbers are the majority still, their gear costs next to nothing, there's a lot more of them, etc. 

For the sake of balance, it's going to be a -1 from me. Whitelisted factions do not need more buffs. There's already VERY little reason to play rebel - there's no reason to take that away and mess up the balance even further.

Edited by Perspective
  • Like 4

Sammmy
2 hours ago, Shuttle said:

massive imbalance in gunfights,

Yh because 20 cops vs like 4 rebels is really balanced

1 hour ago, CI Nomad said:

Clearly, you guys don't think it's unfair, then explain it in a good way to us

Even though we can rev doesn't even balance it. The server is way to unbalanced in favour of the cops. Try doing anything illegal and you have about 20+cops responding to 5 rebels. And if the rebels manage to win someone it always ends with cops screaming at you to get into support. smh

• Like 2

Your thoughts on this suggestion....

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.