What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Replace ELS to Luxart (or appropriate solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in the five m development scene since 2017, have owned a server in the past and spoken to loads of devs 

ELS is horrible for five m. Constant crashing and lag.

Luxart is way better and is actually optimised for five m

The British vehicles used on most servers (including this one) are made for single player and are too 'Heavy' for five m. 

I have a decent lead between the police then boom. I'm surrounded outta no where. Its unplayable and negates any illicit roleplay. 

Luxart is a controller and does not change how the lights are rendered or if sirens are heard

Here is a  direct quote from the Luxart release page,

"Does not affect or control vehicle emergency lighting (this is not ELS)."

It is written in Bold on the Page.

Agreed ELS isn`t  the best for fiveM but it is a necessary evil when it comes to have bright lights and loud sirens.

The British vehicles used on most servers (including this one) are made for single player and are too 'Heavy' for five m.
FiveM has a Streaming Limit for Vehicles set at 15mb to prevent streaming huge monsters of cars

The only fix to make the cars less 'Heavy' is to replace the models with lower quality models, Which wouldn't look as good 😞

All the opinions expressed are of my own and not related to the Development of Fivem

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a decent lead between the police then boom. I'm surrounded outta no where. Its unplayable and negates any illicit roleplay. 
That sounds more like the police did a good job of catching you, rather than anything server related. Equally, what you were doing was illicit roleplay: just because you didn't "win" the situation doesn't mean it wasn't roleplay, as part of the risk of doing illegal things is getting caught by the police and punished.

ELS heavily optimized version has been implemented by @INS Dan B and can hold upwards of 40 police vehicles/ELS enabled lights without and significant FPS drop. (Ofc 40 is a high number for a certain area). This new version is 500x better and is better server/client side in all aspects. HUD will be improved in the coming days/updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back