What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

December 2015 Newsletter

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
December 2015 Newsletter

Here we are at our second XMAS with only 2 months away from our 2 year birthday! When i set this up back in February 2014 i didn't believe we would be where we are today, Its been a testing year but one that has left our community in a brilliant position entering 2016, Lets get started with the newsletter and sorry its taken a while since the last one.

Framework Update

The framework will be released in Q1 2016, Ciaran has been working very hard for months on the framework getting it to a position where we can start to think about releasing it, The features and code we are obviously going to keep under wrap for now but in the new year a blog will be setup with screenshots/videos so you will know what to expect!

Pre-Xmas MAP Update

Several months ago i started working on a new map with new routes ready for the framework, I am pleased to announce last week @Fuel joined our DEV team as a map editor and we will be releasing this map on the current framework (without some new framework things) ready for release of the new framework.

Not everything will be released in this map update as it will be amended over the next few weeks with various updates and various fresh changes to different areas (Altis is a big place)

I can confirm Fuel brings a lot to the table and can confirm is already showing to be a asset to the team, I am really pleased with what he has produced so far and cant wait for you to enjoy it also!

@Neo has also started map editing and i am seeing some great screenshots of a concept that could well be in the new framework also.

Anyway moving on! that new map with new routes and amendments is nearing completion and will be on the server before Xmas.

Just to make you aware in terms of gang bases they have all been removed and we will be opening new applications with base rules in the coming days, Fuel will be taking care of getting your bases ready for our map and over to me to be included into the map (Look out for a post tomorrow), We hope to get new bases for accepted applications onto the server very quickly.

Removal of A Senior Admin & Ongoing Abuse from TKC & Company.

(Note: Due to taking this to the Police this is the last update about this)

What a waste of time these children have been! As you know over the last week our community, admins and some members have been subject to personal abuse and very serious threats from people who were community banned here.

Tonight i have made a Police report about one of the persons in question and contacted the company they work for as some of the abuse has come during work hours, I am currently tracking down the home address of another person so a Police report can be made about there comments also.

Threats are not tolerated here and will be reported to the Police with no exceptions

Also unfortunately tonight we have had to remove @Steph from our admin team for sharing personal details in our board whats-app outside that whats-app to these sick individuals, I can see how Steph trusted these people but no voluntary admin here who trusts people they consider friends should be open to having there personal details shared especially when things are told in confidence.

They have now moved onto a different community but still find some sort of sick buzz by coming here to abuse our staff, or go to a stream where a streamer is raising donations for cancer to to make jokes about cancer and wanting people to die from it ? and using another community's status update to post sick things about our admins, That community is welcome to these types of players they really are! however i didn't think they hit such a low level in accepting them I guess we are wrong.

I am happy to get people like this out of our community, If you consider these people friends then we don't want you here to be completely honest, Please move on and leave! 

P.S I am pretty sure Steph wont be going anywhere and will remain in the community, She is very welcome to do so.

Forum Restrictions

Due to people signing up to the forum to post pictures and post there sick things no one wants to see here we have made restrictions on the forum.

1. All new accounts will now manually be approved until further notice.

2. One Forum account per player, any alternative accounts will be banned and your main account will be at risk (case by case)

3. Automatic detection's are in place so do not use a friends pc / a friends mobile device / a friends network for the forums otherwise you might find yourself automatically banned.

Please note this isn't going to stop every account, however most trolls now will need to jump through hoops to stay there piece which usually gets deleted within minutes by our great forum team anyway..... Just shows the mentality of some people unfortunately.

Making a RULE clear!

17A) Any decision the Admin(s) state is final.

To be clear i am in my 30's and hold 2 very professional jobs one being in the gaming industry, we haven't got the time nor do we have the mentality to ban for kicks or for fun, When we come to a blanket ban or community ban then we have a good reason for it.

I feel we have shown over the last 2 years we remain professional and take action where we need to, I have bold shoulders and so do a lot of our team and we will take action but will not tolerate childish abuse.

We take good pride in this community and will keep it a very nice place for you to enjoy for years to come by giving up our personal time, Therefore from now this moment on wards we will not tolerate people arguing or abusing us about a ban, We will issue further bans to stop our time being wasted or our admins receiving unnecessary abuse.

New Positions!

We are currently looking for a Forum moderator & an in-game mod, We will be making a post in the coming days along with an application form so look out for that!

The Domain!

I am pleased to say we discussed a further deal for our long-term domain name that requires a £2000 initial payment and £3000 over 12 months, I will be paying for the £3000 over the 12 months and so far 2x Investors have come forward who will be looking in the new year to help with the initial payment, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up yet but its looking likely.

Just to be clear this domain will give us a permanent home for life after Altis life! Its a big one and you'll understand once we have it and reveal it...at £5000 compared to other domains we looked at (£20,000 & £30,000) its better and will put us in a massive position going forward.

Arma 3 Nexus Update

The servers have improved greatly thanks to the hard-work of Adam & Iceman who we have been providing logs to at Bohemia, I know Bohemia Interactive gets alot of Flak but taking the time to speak to us daily over the last few weeks and fix several issues that helps all servers show they do care about there players and servers, Its an amazing game just remember that, without them none of this would of started.

Thanks for your time and thanks for the shout out to our community in the official ARMA 3 sitrep!

Xmas...

I am not going to wish you an XMAS in our newsletter... i will make a post on XMAS day with messages from the entire staff team! Until then enjoy the build up, the shopping and if you get time enjoy the gaming!

Wilco & The ALUK Staff Team

wilco.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering, me and my brother are using the same network as i am home for christmas, will that set our forum acc's at risk from the automatic system? @Wilco

Is there a problem now when me and my brother are on ALUK and we are using same internet.  :Confused:

Sad to hear about steph, great news about fuel and the maps , gg guys , especially ciaran 

Wait so if i log into my account on another network = ban? 

Can't wait for framework! Im sure it will be great.

Sad to see steph (and brat) go - I hope they still stick around though!

Good luck to anyone applying for the staff roles!

Wait so if i log into my account on another network = ban? 
No... The system is setup to spot the same person using 2 or more accounts... it will ban you if you use a network/machine/mobile device that a friend has used or used previously.

Back