What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Arma is unstable

Pimpmauser

The Original Pimp
I'm having a s**t ton of issues with arma atm. It seems like nothing goes right. I seem to have a persistent issue with the game crashing (and it usually happens after drug run so i lose all the money i earn) and it comes up with this error:

http://imgur.com/25BgMs6 (can't embed this for some reason)

And then my game will go low poly and low res randomly and the frames drop to like the best part of 2 FPS (if i'm lucky) and it becomes unplayable. (can't get a screenshot of this as the game just crashes)

If anyone has any solutions they would be greatly appreciated. its getting really annoying at this point

D3D is Direct 3d - part of Direct X. Either your graphics card is fucked, isnt plugged in correctly, or there's something else seriously failing in the graphics department.

Can you swap it out for spare card, remove + reinstall all the drivers?

I'll try putting in my old GTX 460 after i re seat my current card

Last edited by a moderator:
My current specs:

FX-6300 (With a whole 100MHz OC)

GTX 960

8GB RAM

2 1TB hard drives

80GB SSD

Re seated it. Low poly and lo res textures sill persist so im guessing the crashing also will persist so it looks like my GPU may be toast (anyone know what ASUS warranty period is?)

Well... crashing continues. I'll put my GTX460 in for preparation for the 12AM restart

i reinstalled the drivers when i put in the GTX 460 but problems still persist. something must be wrong with DirectX or something like that

Just be be sure - your monitor etc is plugged into the GTX, and not into on-board HDMI? Just to rule out any integrated GPUness/Lucid Logix messing about?

It's worth checking what @lionelposted above

Edit: Also for completeness, try more than just the first PCI-E slot in case the slot itself is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be be sure - your monitor etc is plugged into the GTX, and not into on-board HDMI? Just to rule out any integrated GPUness/Lucid Logix messing about?

It's worth checking what @lionelposted above

Edit: Also for completeness, try more than just the first PCI-E slot in case the slot itself is bad.
Monitor is plugged into the card since i don't have on board HDMI.

Here is a DxDiag file i have: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gk8ydcnvmnwooy/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

I also only have 1 PCI-E slot.

Hi Pimp, Just to give you a heads up we havn't abandoned you, just not going to trawl through directx logs during the week. :D go through so many server logs I just hate log files ;)

just got a new error today. it reads as follows Exit Code: 0x00000001 - UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI. it was detected by the arma 3 launcher.

can you try disbaling any overlays, E.g. Shadowplay, overwolf, fraps .....

appears to be fine when i disable them. i just really need to find a way of enabling them without the side effect of the game crashing every 30mins to 1.5 hours.

Woohoo We have a fix !! well a bodge.

Run each application 1 at a time, see what happens, it could just be an issue with running them all at the same time, then your going to have to start getting picky !!

I used to get the same issue, it was the Nvidia drivers, relating to shadow play

Back