What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banci

I hold a great majority of the ALPD in high respects. They provide great role-play and are fun to be around and work with. Then there are others that you wish would burn in the fiery depths of hell. But that's comes and goes with the people that inhabit the ranks. I mean, there are multiple people I've met that are not in the ALPD that I would also wish to burn in the fiery depths of hell. But right now I'm going to focus on something that's been happening too often.

I'm not going to name any names, these people if they care know who they are. And it really doesn't matter. I recently have been trying to join the police. My application was accepted roughly four days before making this post. Every day I go into the team-speak and sit there, for hours on end waiting for an Interview. Now don't get your panties in a bunch this isn't about the speed of the academy, although they could stand to do a little more since they signed up for the position, I know people scream about it enough already. Its about the Academy members that join those channels, say; yeah lets get your interview done, then leave you sitting in the dirt when they tell you: Lol no That's boring. Bye. I've seen it happen to multiple people over the past three days. It really pisses us off.

Everyone in the police has been here. Your application is accepted, your all excited, so you join team-speak. You want to further your role-play experience and get the chance to meet more people of the amazing community you are already a part of. I've already been in the police before and quit for multiple reasons. I know what its like and I'm willing to wait a bit. But some of the people they've been doing it to are fresh meet and its really discouraging. 

Yeah, doing interviews may be boring. It fucking is, but its a vital part of what makes the police force work so smoothly. Don't forget, academy members, you signed up for this position. A couple of the people I've known that went into Academy were actually well meaning. They wanted  to help people onto their path of the police force. They were genuine. Then I've also known a couple of people that get bored in Academy and refuse to do interviews, and FTT's. Again. You signed up for this position. If you cant handle the work flow, then join the MPU we could use more people there instead of wasting space in the Academy team-speak.

Everyone post your thoughts on the subject. But unless you have something meaningful to add, best to keep your fingers off that keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
More of a rant shitpost tbh.. if ur not happy with it don't be in police.. People join the Academy as a volunteer not as a job.

More of a rant shitpost tbh.. if ur not happy with it don't be in police.. People join the Academy as a volunteer not as a job.
Read the last sentence and then decide who is making a rant post.

Read the last sentence and then decide who is making a rant post.
Just because u add that little thing at the bottom dosnt mean your post aint a rant.. Like tell us what is your goal out of making this topic ?

Its about the Academy members that join those channels, say; yeah lets get your interview done, then leave you sitting in the dirt when they tell you: Lol no That's boring. Bye. I've seen it happen to multiple people over the past three days. It really pisses us off.
That's the only aspect of this post that concerns me. 

Otherwise, and as vanilla s I sound; you just have to sit tight and wait it out.

I'm not worried about myself, as I said I actually stated in the post that I have been in the police before, know what its like and am willing to wait. Its discouraging to new players that actually want to be a meaningful part of this community. Yes it is a volunteer job and I get that. However channel trolling isnt.

@Samatlewis @Fallen

Let's not be calling this a "shitpost" when it's not. He has the right to voice his opinions/concerns/views in a civil way which he has done.

Yeah but what im trying to get at.. if people are channel trolling report it to an Academy command member? What i don't understand is that you made some long ass post to an extent shit talking some Academy members not doing there jobs properly ?

I see the points you are making about people jumping in and saying they want to do your interview and then just leaving again. But you have to see it from our side. Being in academy is something we do in our spare time. Time we also use to study and talk with our family. You can't just throw school away for something ingame.

Sometimes being academy myself I find it very hard to do tests and also focus on school. If you have just worked on a long text and you then go on the pc, you probably don't want to do much more work. You get one or two ftc/Interviews done and go on patrol.

Conclusion is that you should not blame academy members for what they do. We try our best and if you disagree then kindly fuck off

Edit: did not want to sound so rude at last

Right, I will not be saying this again, but any form of abuse toward OP for stating his viewpoint in a civil way WILL be dealt with appropriately. If you do not agree with someone, you do not have the right to retort in a less than civil way.

Right, I will not be saying this again, but any form of abuse toward OP for stating his viewpoint in a civil way WILL be dealt with appropriately. If you do not agree with someone, you do not have the right to retort in a less than civil way.
Understood

But this is what i don't get like hes allowed an opinion but others are not ? this goes for all posts of this community and not just this.. Its meant to be an adult community and a debate talk about things should be allowed not just shut down instantly. We in Academy want answers on what were doing wrong and need to fix up on.. we answer him and ask questions like there is nothing but our opinions here?

No one is saying you cannot have an opinion, the only requirement is that anything voiced is said in such a way that it does not break the community rules. No one is shutting down any form of discussion, however, we will not allow people to use their opinion as a chance to act abusively or in any other such way that does not adhere to our code of conduct.

I see the points you are making about people jumping in and saying they want to do your interview and then just leaving again. But you have to see it from our side. Being in academy is something we do in our spare time. Time we also use to study and talk with our family. You can't just throw school away for something ingame.

Sometimes being academy myself I find it very hard to do tests and also focus on school. If you have just worked on a long text and you then go on the pc, you probably don't want to do much more work. You get one or two ftc/Interviews done and go on patrol.

Conclusion is that you should not blame academy members for what they do. We try our best and if you disagree then kindly fuck off

Edit: did not want to sound so rude at last
I guess there is another side to this, I personally don't have that big of a school load so I have more time to invest into whatever I want. However in the eyes of the new recruits, all you want to do is become a better part of the community and have a good time while doing it. Then those couple people come in and feed ya some shit. I mean, it was different for me the first time around, i didn't have to wait long anyways, and I get the fact that people have school - this post wasn't to complain about the lack of academy involvement. But if your going to sign up for the job, you should be working people up and helping them along. Not messing with them and discouraging them from wanting to join the police force when that is literally your job. Volunteer or full time; it doesn't matter.

But this is what i don't get like hes allowed an opinion but others are not ? this goes for all posts of this community and not just this.. Its meant to be an adult community and a debate talk about things should be allowed not just shut down instantly. We in Academy want answers on what were doing wrong and need to fix up on.. we answer him and ask questions like there is nothing but our opinions here?
Fallen you are doing the exact same thing you were complaining about. Shitposting. You can have an opinion but I hardly see my post as a shitpost.

Spot the difference between this, and my original post.

"Oh my god the academy sucks they should be more involved and get off their asses and actually do some interviews im sick of waiting for some mothafuka to get off his pooch and fail my interview. Im fucking done" 

Instead of just bringing it up to one Academy lead, i want to make the issue known, but in a civilized way. That way there are too many triggered post ghosters with salt dribbling out of their mouths which is exactly what you are doing now. Like I said. Unless you have legidiment insight to the OP then leave. 

Besides the fact, you said

There is an overall point to this. I simply wanted to raise the subject to all academy members so they could change the way they treat the new recruits how they see fit. What did you want me to do. Message each of them individually and say you suck at your job?

May sound abit shitty but in my opinion if you join academy you know your gunna have to do the work... if you don't want too don't join it! People say they are volunteers but at the end of the day they have chosen to be in academy. 

Also if you haven't got time give up your space for someone who has! Then finally when you do have time try rejoin. 

May sound abit shitty but in my opinion if you join academy you know your gunna have to do the work... if you don't want too don't join it! People say they are volunteers but at the end of the day they have chosen to be in academy. 

Also if you haven't got time give up your space for someone who has! Then finally when you do have time try rejoin. 

Yes we are volunteers. Tests take a long time to set up etc. we have real life commitments. Even if we do 1 test a day we are still doing more then we have to. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back