What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A Question Surounding RDM (I don't want to get banned)

JustIan12

Is, having a sniper watch you whilst your iron trading shoot when you have your hands up and are being robbed considered RDM?

If you want to have a friend protect you as a sniper then it must be made clear that you have friends in the area when someone is attempting to rob you. This is so that there is then no confusion when a sniper begins to fire from range at the player. You essentially are counter-initiating to allow your sniper(s) to shoot. However if you are to shoot the person robbing you after he has threatened your life then that is completely fine. 

Great that you don't want to get banned :D

Here is a small dialogue of what you should say if you have a sniper protecting you at somewhere. (R = Robber & C = Civilian)
R: Alright buddy, get your hands on your head.
C: Ok, OK!
C: Buddy, I don't think you want to do this. I have snipers in the area so if you _______, you will be shot upon.
R: Can I have a warning shot?
*Warning shot is given - it is Fail RP to say "The only warning shot that you are going to get is at your head."*

Also, if someone says 'Or you will be shot', that is a threat to your life. So you have every right to start shooting them and kill them however it isn't recommended. Best to comply with them and warn them about the sniper :)
Hope this clears things up!

Warning shot is given - it is Fail RP to say "The only warning shot that you are going to get is at your head."*
No it's not. You can say this if you want as you are under no obligation to supply them with a warning shot.

Your attitude as a defender/robber should allow the person to sense wether or not you're being serious.

Although, I've not commented on wether or not it is "shit" to say this, that's up to you to decide.

If it is abundantly obvious that you have, (I fucking hate this saying) "friends in the area" then it can be fair enough (circumstantial) to shoot without stating the phrase above. 

If you want to have a friend protect you as a sniper then it must be made clear that you have friends in the area when someone is attempting to rob you. This is so that there is then no confusion when a sniper begins to fire from range at the player. You essentially are counter-initiating to allow your sniper(s) to shoot. However if you are to shoot the person robbing you after he has threatened your life then that is completely fine. 
Or just wait til the robber initiates. I thought you are at no liberty to disclose you have snipers. Can't you just say "If you rob me, you'll die" (this is an example)

What ive heard you dont need to say you have friends in the area? This was a "madeuprule" from someone and has been going on but isnt a server rule?

What ive heard you dont need to say you have friends in the area? This was a "madeuprule" from someone and has been going on but isnt a server rule?
Yeah i have heared this as like if someone initiates on you then there instantly gang initiated and obviously you say like "dude continue your actions you will be shot" and at that moment they make they choice.

Back