What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ability to switch characters

RaginRabbit

Unlinked
Brief Summary: The ability to switch between characters with ease via a command.

Detailed Suggestion: There is some people that are running 4 characters like they are mains, all the time. But that should be great and promoted, to be able to keep multiple lines of roleplay going throughout a session on RPUK. However generally when doing this it is quite lengthy to quit and load up and go through the menu to get to your next one (Worse if you have a potato of a PC). 

The suggestion is simply to allow people to switch characters via a command, allowing ease of alternating between characters. I did have a little look a little while ago and I did find this suggestion previously posted however this was if I'm correct over a year ago.

Concerns at the time of it being reviewed was that it promotes people breaking the character separation rules and it wasn't possible at the time of reviewing. I'm asking for this to be reviewed to see if its now a possibility and with some work arounds the previous concerns can be alleviated.

Yes, there may be one of very few who will take advantage of this addition, however I believe they should simply be dealt with like any other by staff. There is many rules on the server that can be alleviated from people breaking by removing abilities, however its not done because everyone should not pay the price for few. This can also be alleviated by adding a time limit to prevent consistent switching one after the other (something like 30 or 60mins).

The Pros: Ease of keeping multiple story lines alive, fluid system for those with multiple mains, stop the struggle for potato PC owners, surely less strain on the server going a full load? (no expert).

The Cons: Potential for few to take advantage, dev time. 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Negative as it would be available to everyone. 

+1

I do have a potato PC and its a pain in the arse having to F8 and load back up! 🙂 

I'd most certainly rather the limited dev time and resources be spent making the city better, adding new additions and fixing bugs.

I dont think developers should have to pay for your potato computers with dev time. 

don't think it's needed.

There would never be the ability to change via a command due to how easily that could be abused. There is the possibility of something where you could sleep in a bed in a house to switch character or something similar though. However, there's still some bugs every so often with the current implementation that staff/devs have had access to for a while such as spawning in the location of the previous character etc which is why it isn't useable by everyone yet.

Back