What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ANPR / No number plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be illegal to have no plates! Gives a risk to the owner of the car and creates RP on both sides of the law

I asked in dev chat and apparently this is still deemed as a bug, but anyway:

I will say that this would likely require a list of every vehicle that doesn't have plates and in what cases they don't have plates e.g front bumper 2 and back bumper 3 which would be time consuming to do, plus the fact that it'd only really make sense to prevent ANPR if there is both no front and no back plate (else we'd have to always check the vehicle's direction which then brings questions like what'd happen if the vehicle is facing sidewards) but anyway my point is that it'd likely be a lot of work.

I would say that police using their in-vehicle ANPR on vehicles without plates could possibly be changed to class as powergaming however I don't think that'd work well due the officer possibly not noticing that the vehicle has no plates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that police using their in-vehicle ANPR on vehicles without plates could possibly be changed to class as powergaming however I don't think that'd work well due the officer possibly not noticing that the vehicle has no plates.
to further on this, Police got told by higher ups within the police that cars should all be seen as they have plates due to how the game works and some models(i think), it got stated a while ago, but looking through announcements i don't see any update on the matter so i would guess it still stands
d88cb2d8ef5cfd773925de9316710379.png

i can ofc. be completely wrong and blind and if that's the case, let me know 😉

I have to agree as much as i would like the No plates stuff to be a thing i also think it will be to complicated to implement and hard to monitor the only thing i can say is please don't ANPR Bicycles since i seen some cops do it 😂😂 @Tokjat

This is an interesting idea. As stated by @1A3this would be a difficult thing to implement as it's only a select few cars that don't have plates, some with only a front plate or back plate, you would need a way to check if the license plate is visible to the ANPR by the direction the vehicle is facing. Plus the list of vehicles needing to be maintained and monitored with every change and addition.

That may not be the end of this suggestion though!

One way I could see this working very well is if all vehicles were made to have a license plate to begin with (vehicles could be left as they are and the main idea of this would still work, we could continue the way we do already by roleplaying they all have plates, the main part of the idea follows after and would still work no matter if this work was done). This would make sure all vehicles have at least one visible license plate and that way there could be a direction within RP where officers could get every vehicle's license plate and it would make sense that it has hit the ANPR, you wouldn't have the ability to modify a vehicle so that it has no license plates by visiting a mod shop.

This part itself will take a lot of work as it would require going through all the vehicles that are available in game and making sure their models all have license plates and that there is no option in a mod shop to remove them.

The first part is not exactly crucial to the mechanics of this idea as it is more about how we could come up with a way for a vehicle to NOT ping on the ANPR that makes sense within RP and is fair.

My idea for this to work with a little less complicated work but introduce even more RP, would be to make people that work at maned mechanics shops like Auto Exotic or Tire Nuts able to "change plates", lasting until the server restart or until the vehicle is parked. This makes it so that there is a way within RP to temporarily remove plates on a vehicle so that it doesn't ping on the ANPR in a way that is fair and revertible.

The idea would be that the vehicle no longer pings on ANPR or speed cameras and wont be able to be looked up on the PNC. To begin with this sounds like a difficult thing to implement but I have an idea on how this might be able to work without needing to go through and remove the plates on ever vehicle model and then stop them from pinging on ANPRs and speed cameras.

There may be a way to have the vehicle spawn as a local vehicle instead of an owned plate, this would mean that the mechanics that you go to (E.g. Auto Exotic or Tire Nuts), would be able to take the car to a specific location, technically park the vehicle, and then bring out a local plate version of the vehicle, this already happens sometimes when retrieving a vehicle from storage so I would presume that it can be replicated by devs to intentionally happen for the mechanic workers at the shop to  make this work. The vehicle would be placed into parking and then immediately after, you would have the local plate version spawn in and your keys replaced with the local plate keys.

In the background this would actually act like a vehicle storage but with no place to get the vehicle back out of the storage. This would mean that your identity could not be found through the license plate of the car and you wouldn't get speeding tickets as they would be sent "To the owner of [Local Plate]".

I'm not 100% sure of how the ANPR system is built so I'm not sure how hard it would be for devs to make it so that the plate does not ping the ANPR at all. I know that some whitelisting can make it so that you don't get speeding tickets e.g. being on duty as a police officer or NHS medic, but at least your vehicle would not lead back to you through the local license plate.

Your actual vehicle would technically have to be stored somewhere whilst you are driving the local one around, this vehicle storage would need to have it's location set to "Out/Insurance Impound".

As you go to park the local plate version of the car, your vehicle is moved to whichever carpark you attempted to park it at, or if it is caught and impounded by police then the local version would disappear and your car would be moved from that vehicle storage and become impounded. Basically anything that happens to the local license plate vehicle would actually happen to your owned license plate vehicle. If the local version of the vehicle was left out as the restart happened, then your owned vehicle would be impounded as if it was left out.

I have had this idea for a little while but seeing your suggestion and the comments it has received, I thought I would share this little alternative idea that shares the same concept with yours.

TL;DR

As it's a lot of work to list out and manage every vehicle that doesn't have a license plate and it would also be very hard to implement a system that stops ANPRs from picking up a plate if it's only on one side of the vehicle, instead make it so that vehicles can be given local license plates by workers at mechanics shops like Auto Exotic and Tire Nuts. Stopping anything from coming back to you unless you are caught whilst in the vehicle and stopped. Everything that happens to the local plate version of your vehicle would also happen to your actual vehicle, in roleplay it's the same one so you would still need to be carful police don't manage to impound it or even scrap it.

Because this is something that could work with any car or motorbike, there would be no need to target specific vehicles that don't have plates on them as this method would still give people the same roleplay opportunity.

It would also be at the discretion of the mechanics so you would probably need to be on their good side or maybe some will take a nice "tip" for "cleaning" your car.

I asked in dev chat and apparently this is still deemed as a bug, but anyway:

I will say that this would likely require a list of every vehicle that doesn't have plates and in what cases they don't have plates e.g front bumper 2 and back bumper 3 which would be time consuming to do, plus the fact that it'd only really make sense to prevent ANPR if there is both no front and no back plate (else we'd have to always check the vehicle's direction which then brings questions like what'd happen if the vehicle is facing sidewards) but anyway my point is that it'd likely be a lot of work.

image.png

This was what I was told in the ticket. I feel like if it has now been said it is a bug, again just a suggestion but it may worth making this more known to the community e.g. an announcement. This way people know to RP it that way as it still has an impact on the RP currently. Initially I opened a ticket to make staff aware that the Yosemite Rancher had that option and may be worth taking off. But was then told this is meant to be this way. I just think there's a lot of uncertainty around it and could do with some clarity on the subject. 

Yh I agree with it only being on vehicles that have no front or rear. I know the Yosemite Rancher being one of them as it has the option to remove both in Benny's.

I think ruling as powergaming as you said could be unfair as sometimes you might not necessarily notice it not having plates. However it could be something that could be tested/tried and see what impact it has IDK. 

This is an interesting idea. As stated by @1A3this would be a difficult thing to implement as it's only a select few cars that don't have plates, some with only a front plate or back plate, you would need a way to check if the license plate is visible to the ANPR by the direction the vehicle is facing. Plus the list of vehicles needing to be maintained and monitored with every change and addition.

That may not be the end of this suggestion though!

One way I could see this working very well is if all vehicles were made to have a license plate to begin with (vehicles could be left as they are and the main idea of this would still work, we could continue the way we do already by roleplaying they all have plates, the main part of the idea follows after and would still work no matter if this work was done). This would make sure all vehicles have at least one visible license plate and that way there could be a direction within RP where officers could get every vehicle's license plate and it would make sense that it has hit the ANPR, you wouldn't have the ability to modify a vehicle so that it has no license plates by visiting a mod shop.

This part itself will take a lot of work as it would require going through all the vehicles that are available in game and making sure their models all have license plates and that there is no option in a mod shop to remove them.

The first part is not exactly crucial to the mechanics of this idea as it is more about how we could come up with a way for a vehicle to NOT ping on the ANPR that makes sense within RP and is fair.

My idea for this to work with a little less complicated work but introduce even more RP, would be to make people that work at maned mechanics shops like Auto Exotic or Tire Nuts able to "change plates", lasting until the server restart or until the vehicle is parked. This makes it so that there is a way within RP to temporarily remove plates on a vehicle so that it doesn't ping on the ANPR in a way that is fair and revertible.

The idea would be that the vehicle no longer pings on ANPR or speed cameras and wont be able to be looked up on the PNC. To begin with this sounds like a difficult thing to implement but I have an idea on how this might be able to work without needing to go through and remove the plates on ever vehicle model and then stop them from pinging on ANPRs and speed cameras.

There may be a way to have the vehicle spawn as a local vehicle instead of an owned plate, this would mean that the mechanics that you go to (E.g. Auto Exotic or Tire Nuts), would be able to take the car to a specific location, technically park the vehicle, and then bring out a local plate version of the vehicle, this already happens sometimes when retrieving a vehicle from storage so I would presume that it can be replicated by devs to intentionally happen for the mechanic workers at the shop to  make this work. The vehicle would be placed into parking and then immediately after, you would have the local plate version spawn in and your keys replaced with the local plate keys.

In the background this would actually act like a vehicle storage but with no place to get the vehicle back out of the storage. This would mean that your identity could not be found through the license plate of the car and you wouldn't get speeding tickets as they would be sent "To the owner of [Local Plate]".

I'm not 100% sure of how the ANPR system is built so I'm not sure how hard it would be for devs to make it so that the plate does not ping the ANPR at all. I know that some whitelisting can make it so that you don't get speeding tickets e.g. being on duty as a police officer or NHS medic, but at least your vehicle would not lead back to you through the local license plate.

Your actual vehicle would technically have to be stored somewhere whilst you are driving the local one around, this vehicle storage would need to have it's location set to "Out/Insurance Impound".

As you go to park the local plate version of the car, your vehicle is moved to whichever carpark you attempted to park it at, or if it is caught and impounded by police then the local version would disappear and your car would be moved from that vehicle storage and become impounded. Basically anything that happens to the local license plate vehicle would actually happen to your owned license plate vehicle. If the local version of the vehicle was left out as the restart happened, then your owned vehicle would be impounded as if it was left out.

I have had this idea for a little while but seeing your suggestion and the comments it has received, I thought I would share this little alternative idea that shares the same concept with yours.

TL;DR

As it's a lot of work to list out and manage every vehicle that doesn't have a license plate and it would also be very hard to implement a system that stops ANPRs from picking up a plate if it's only on one side of the vehicle, instead make it so that vehicles can be given local license plates by workers at mechanics shops like Auto Exotic and Tire Nuts. Stopping anything from coming back to you unless you are caught whilst in the vehicle and stopped. Everything that happens to the local plate version of your vehicle would also happen to your actual vehicle, in roleplay it's the same one so you would still need to be carful police don't manage to impound it or even scrap it.

Because this is something that could work with any car or motorbike, there would be no need to target specific vehicles that don't have plates on them as this method would still give people the same roleplay opportunity.

It would also be at the discretion of the mechanics so you would probably need to be on their good side or maybe some will take a nice "tip" for "cleaning" your car.
I like the idea of being able to have some form of fake licence plate. It would certainly bring a lot more RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
TL;DR

Problem with fake plates, if you change the plate name server side it changes in-game and vice versa. So there's no easy way to change one or the other, it's always both.

If this is a massive undertaking for the developers to fix, and judging by the code machine 1A3's post it will be, then can i suggest this gets picked up by the comm and they put the work in to compile whatever list is required. Google doc would be ideal. compile a full list. if everyone simply listed their own cars you'd have a pretty solid list compiled very quickly and it would be the smallest bit of effort from everyone. The beauty of crowdsourcing. 😉

+1

200% would make sense that the cars with no plates can't be flagged up or tracked down really,

i think it would also make sense that these if your car has no plates, it's not street legal and police can ticket you just for that

i got myself and r34 with no plates and i asked police if my car is legal and they said they can still scan the car which ruins the point of having no plates

would be a lot of dev work but would improve the realism massively

+RP points 😉

Certain cars in the city allow you to remove your license plate in LS customs however this is only a cosmetic change. If your car doesn't have plates then it shouldn't be able to get tickets for speeding as they wouldn't know who to give the ticket to. Police also should not be able to use ANPR on vehicles that do not have plates. When a car with no plates goes through a speed camera and triggers it then maybe a dispatch could be sent to the police to say a car was speeding and has no plates. 

Pros:
A lot more realistic
Gives a purpose to having no plates 
Cons:
Dev Work

Would this change balance?
Maybe a bit as police wouldn't be able to ID a criminal by their car or ID a car by its plates but it only effects certain cars and the criminals then also carry the risk of being pulled over for not having plates.

i 100% agree, these should be removable and if seen come with alot of points or months to stop people over using it

Don't know how much has changed since this was last brought up, but no license plates are a bug AFAIK, that should be reported as so to be fixed.

as stated, this may have changed since i last saw one of these posts

Don't know how much has changed since this was last brought up, but no license plates are a bug AFAIK, that should be reported as so to be fixed.

as stated, this may have changed since i last saw one of these posts
On my R34 I have the option to pay to have them removed at LS Customs just like adding a upgrade or respraying so it isn't a bug unless its something that was supposed to be removed but remained for a few vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back