What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ARMA 3 crash please help i'll like hug you or something

Try the mixer thing :p i used to have that problem it sucked, do you use a recording software ?

The main things I can suggest is;

- Make sure you clean your computer out thoroughly every week as this can increase temperatures and can make you crash.

- Uninstall the AMD drivers for your graphics care and re-installed them from the AMD website using the Auto-Detect feature.

My temps when playing are:

UvPl3yW.png

^^

Yeah Bro I do have a clear out every week and an automated scan, plus I get in and hoover the inside of the PC, I haven't un-installed the drivers ill do that now :D  

fwar them temps go sky high in game so it is the temp of the graphics card which causes the crash which would be why the fans go like shit.

wish i had an answer :/

Imma re-install the drivers, if that doesn't work then I'll play around with sound mixer, and still if no luck ill just try get hold of Bohemia Interactive <3

I've had the popups! Run AVG Virus thingy, that sorted em for me, well, that and malwarebytes at the same time, plus Trojan Killer to archive some ^^ Hope it helps

Hi CaptPelvicThrust,

Seems like your GPU gets overheated, when it does the driver basically turns on their emergency button and shuts down the GPU for a while to prevent any hardware damage on your card. Thats why you get that message after the crash from your driver.

80C is too much for a 6900. You should dust off your GPU and CPU and check your airflow, then it might fix your problem. Also, you can turn down the graphic settings in Arma.

Cheers.

EDIT: Did you overclock your card in anyway? If you did, turn it back to default.

PS: Try to install the latest AMD Beta driver aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe will try, thanks for all the help and pointers mate, also on crashes sometimes I only get the odd message saying 'Display Drivers have recovered, not a clue what any of it means!
Your GPU is overheating and or dying.

I bought a gtx 750 ti and within 2 days i got that message 3 times, had to RMA it.

It's just confusing as to why only just started doing this, I was wondering if the update might have had a hand in this, I have re-installed windows and all that fun stuff, cleared all fans with a hoover and tweezers in the hard to reach places, it's getting me down!

I will double check the over-clocking business and Perhaps take the side panels off the Tower to give it some breathing space!??

Frickin' annoying.. it's only arma, much more graphic intense games are running without a problem!

Again thank you all for taking time and writing this out, really helpful and just goes to show the willingness of people here, thanks guys!

I have toned down the graphics, opened side panels, put fans up louder and literally prayed to all the gods of earth, and I can safely say I played the entire evening without a single hiccup...

I thank each and every one of you..

Ooxoxoxo

Why the hell has nobody told him to scan with spybot?

Run a scan with that, it will take a long time deal with it.

If you think it's a heat issue, run furmark 3d to stress out your gpu amd amd pass mark to test your cpu.

If your unsure what your doing, feel free to contact me on ts and I'll sort it out remotely.

Replace the GPU with a cleaning fish, they normally do the trick and clean the dust of very quickly! 

Also spray it with salt water from the ocean and that will keep it cool

Shame we don't have anywhere to buy or sell these goods on Altis!!

*Sighs and eats canned tuna*

*Looks at fresh water fish tank and thinks to himself*  "why are my SEA fish dying"

*strolls over to architect desk and SMASHES whiskey off wall* "WHY DON'T WE HAVE A FISH MARKET"

*breaks down in tears and rigorously draws new plans, New plans for a perfect fish market*

"WHY god. WHY!!"

And thinks to himself "Where is my god now"

shhhhhh, shhhhh my brother, soon the true god Neptune will force great waves upon this land, swathes of fish shall cover the landscape, the heavens will open and 'Fish Market' shall bestowed upon this fair land...

Literally I am quite happy to just make a little Fish Stand in Kavala and be the 'Vendor' as long as the admins make me a stand and give me money to buy the fish from the fair people of Altis!

------

I am almost definite it was a heat problem, since I have toned down EVERYTHING it's doing great, just unsure again as to why I was not having any problems before this though, unless Arma updates automatically make everything ULTRA settings?!?!

Just an update to those people who helped me.

Got rid of those 'Hot Deal' pop ups, thank God!

And the Graphics Card was overheating, but I can play games on the LOWEST (painful) settings no problem. Cheers, I love you all

When this sorta shit happens to me I upload all my important stuff to dropbox clean the dust out of my PC and then format.

Edit: Sometimes I format my PC and then realize I missed step 1 and cry. 

i might have a fix for your problem, and you don't need to turn down or change any settings. I don't have the link to the fix right now, or the time to tell you since i am at school right now. but pm me later so i remember to send it to you. 

Back