What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Border Wars Feedback

* The reward for kills should be in the whole entire redzone and not just in the cap point.
I disagree with this, this rewards sitting in bushes and roaching, which isn't what this should be, I don't want this to turn into where did I get shot from simulator, and the cap zones are fucking huge as it is, it isn't hard to get kills inside the zones.

I originally came up with this idea to balance the factions in border wars as a joke so don't take this 100% seriously but hey I might as well see what people think as it would stop the situation where faction command have to restrict it so only certain people get to actually participate in the event and others just get left out.

What could be done is that each side literally just has a set number of total lives in the Border Wars event and that number is the same for both factions or alternatively each faction member has a number of lives which is inversely proportional to their faction size. Then neither side can completely overpower each-other repeatedly and both faction commands have the option to choose how they want to use the lives they have available.

I haven't really put much thought into this at the moment just throwing it to the vultures to see the response....

Last edited by a moderator:
I originally came up with this idea to balance the factions in border wars as a joke so don't take this 100% seriously but hey I might as well see what people think as it would stop the situation where faction command have to restrict it so only certain people get to actually participate in the event and others just get left out.

What could be done is that each side literally just has a set number of total lives in the Border Wars event and that number is the same for both factions or alternatively each faction member has a number of lives which is inversely proportional to their faction size. Then neither side can completely overpower each-other repeatedly and both faction commands have the option to choose how they want to use the lives they have available.

I haven't really put much thought into this at the moment just throwing it to the vultures to see the response....
That's far too confusing and effort for not much reward. I get why this could work so everyone gets a chance to go but what happens if everyone dies that number of times? Does it start over? Or can then no cops go for example. Just means cops will be a massive zerg the first hour then only a few people the next few.

Just limiting the numbers for both factions works perfectly. 25vs20 or 20vs15. ( Poseidon get better gear and can take advantage of working with rebels )

what happens if everyone dies that number of times?
It is perfectly possible that the total lives for example starts at a reasonable number and increases a set amount throughout the restart to fix the issues mentioned. Obviously it would require some planning and intelligence yes to stop cops trying to just "zerg" at the start and then running out of lives and waiting for it to increase.

Obviously though a strict limit on numbers is not perfect, as has been expressed above, as it means a lot of people who want to participate just won't be able to and that would potentially lead to faction command having to rotate which people are allowed to participate in the event each week so everyone gets to participate. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It is perfectly possible that the total lives for example starts at a reasonable number and increases a set amount throughout the restart to fix the issues mentioned. Obviously it would require some planning and intelligence yes to stop cops trying to just "zerg" at the start and then running out of lives and waiting for it to increase.

Obviously though a strict limit on numbers is not perfect, as has been expressed above, as it means a lot of people who want to participate just won't be able to and that would potentially lead to faction command having to rotate which people are allowed to participate in the event each week so everyone gets to participate. 
You make a good point, it does solve the issue of allowing everyone to attend. Personally I don't think everyone should go to it, it's an all out gunfight with Poseidon. Limiting it to the primary units / AFO priority gives another positive to join one of the units / work towards it. I'm sure you'd just say I think that because im in one of those said units, I just don't think the average PC should be fighting a drug cartel. Probably get hate for thinking that but there we go. Those in the units will agree and those not in them wont, can never please everyone.

I realise that this is a Police vs Poseidon thing. But ive got some suggestions to make it more fun for rebels to play it:

- Add an FOB much closer to the zone

-- I think for the next few border wars its okay but I would love to see dynamic border wars fight areas, once where it was now, once in og etc.

- Instant respawn in the entire redzone not just priority 

- Kill rewards everywhere in the redzone for rebels and increaase them 

- Increase payout of the capoints for rebels 

- Increase the server performance through script optimisation and reduce useless assets during the border wars

From my point of view, as a spectator:
- Equal amount of people on the whitelisted factions side: 40v40 or 30v30 does not really matter as much.
- Put the vehicle remove timer down to 2-3 minutes, while inside redzones would greatly help the lag
- Add higher stakes at the event. The problem currently is that Poseidon earn most of their cash because of people inside their lands doing stuff, but with this event, a third of that land gets removed. The Police however, has no such problems (To my knowledge of the event). Make a reason like "The Polices weapon manufactorer is placed in Athira" so if it gets taken from them, their armory increase in price, because of a lower income of weaponry for that week. If Police then win, they could gain something else, like "Oh we took mines away from Poseidon which enables us to use some new vehicles". This would add a high stake to the event, and make it a lot more interesting for both parties in my opinion.

Also possible to say because Poseidon took Athira and the weapons manufactorer, their gear becomes cheaper because of taking this valueable source.

Aight so this might be alot to read trough. It also might sound biased but here it goes :

GENERAL
- There needs to be a strict despawn script for cars. The ammount of vehicles left  everywhere probably caused major lag.
- The same goes for Money and body bags they need to get despawned faster cuz at some point there was more body bags than people in zones.
- The ability to insta F no matter if your inside of the cap zone or just the normal zone.
- I know it was said during the event already but a 5minute NLR time is good enough.
- So this one is more a QOL but the point were covering up the NLR timer and i know it fucked me over a few times.
- Now this one is probably the most annoying one that happaned but before there was any poseidon member even online cops were already capping two zones. Since they got on before most of the poseidon members. I know i was probably in the first wave that got in and started pushing a zone and even then police already had arround 600 point  head start.
- One of the thing that was also annoying for both sides is the camping of roads leading to cap zones I know there was a massive fight with police at  Aggelchori fuel station nowhere near a cap zone but on the way to them. The same happaned near Charkia where police were also waiting for poseidon to enter inside of the zone. When this started happening is also caused poseidon to start doing that with the solar towers.
-I still think that the rewards for winning are unbalanced on all sides. Lets be honest here if poseidon wins we get 15% off gear and thats nice but the 10% of drug sales. For that to actually be usefull you would need people to be doing poseidon drugs in the first place but since they pay aboslutly nothing  no one actually does them. The police while winning new land also dont get much more than that more land to patrol maybe if they win they should get the ability to see normal drug locations for that week i know that would make some thing easier for em. Rebels other than money from kills and holding the zone get fuck all  so for them its just a big ass redzone and thats it. Make it so that rebels actually get cheaper gear by some ammount (maybe diving it into 0% if police win, 10-15% if poseidon win, 20% if rebels win) that would in my opinion make rebels cooperate with poseidon against police or even make rebel groups cooperate with themselves against both factions alot more.

POSEIDON
- Even with Poseidon paying half price for their gear I myself wasted arround 3mil for gearsets. While not really getting much back from the kills  (Now here i will agree that i have no idea how many kills were actually in the cap zone and i wasnt paying attention for the kill rewards being payed out). In my opinion buffing kill rewards for Poseidon and civs would be a smart idea ( Maybe making a larger zone where kill rewards will be payed out but not contribute to actually capping (This could go along with Akula's Suggestion to make it into a capture the flag type cap zone))
- With that i would also suggest higher cap zone rewards that are payed out cuz poseidon was getting arround 5k ish each.
- The zones or cap zones in itself were not balanced with cops having 2 zones almost next to their spawn and the closest one for poseidon being at Rodopoli. the Police had the Dome right outside their spawn so contesting that was a proper fail to even attempt.
- I dont know if this was a bug or if i misunderstood it but between the event i saw the notification for the Poseidon dirty bank  pop up multiple time's  as far as i know Banks were disabled or was that meant for only HM,AR,Drug Stash, Continental.

POLICE
- So if anything yesterdays event showed that number matter. With police able to have people set up to hold zones while also contesting every zone they wish with more spec ops units so as many have said There needs to be a cap on the ammount of police Either a 25v25 or 20v20 with faction command setting up priority as they wish.
- So i dont know this but while poseidon had a hardcap of 2 ifrits im pretty sure police were not following this rule at all i literally saw atleast two hunters in every zone i was in being driven by police (They might have gotten them from rebels tho)
- The ammount of flashbangs used was also a bit strange ngl. Flashbangs give a clear advantage the same with teargas. Also the ammount of times i was spiked yesterday just trying to get to cap zones was actually absurd. There should be strong limitations on using these or not even allowed to use them at all.
- Poseidon heard alot of Police also havign DARTERS above every zone just that in itself gives you such an advantage that they need to be limited also or not used at all.
- Ive heard multiple Police officers say that poseidon has better gear yet the ammount of PCSO'S yesterday running arround with MX's and Promet's was stupid while poseidon was limited to gearsets in their arsenal we literally had people fighting with AK's i do not know from where the idea comes that everyone was getting a CAR 95-1 with 100rounds cause that was not happening at all. Ofc people with arsenal acces to these guns used them but not everyone.

REBEL
- What was the point for rebels fighting border wars yesterday? (no offense but did rebels actually gain anything at all from that?)
- In my opinion rebels should have a reason to fight  so maybe make it so that if police win gear prices stay the same if poseidon wins all rebel gear costs 10-15% less and if rebels win the gear cost goes down by 20% or less this will give rebels something to actually fight for and a reason to work together to fuck both poseidon and police over. 

- The ability to insta F no matter if your inside of the cap zone or just the normal zone.
- I know it was said during the event already but a 5minute NLR time is good enough.
This has already been fixed now, the whole zone is considered a red zone with 5 minute NLR and instant respawn available.

- I dont know if this was a bug or if i misunderstood it but between the event i saw the notification for the Poseidon dirty bank  pop up multiple time's  as far as i know Banks were disabled or was that meant for only HM,AR,Drug Stash, Continental.
Since the Dirty Bank is just considered a petrol station, it was not excluded, similar to how the other petrol stations across the map where still robbable. This has been fixed too now.

This has already been fixed now, the whole zone is considered a red zone with 5 minute NLR and instant respawn available.

Since the Dirty Bank is just considered a petrol station, it was not excluded, similar to how the other petrol stations across the map where still robbable. This has been fixed too now.
On a side not of this, Agios bank was robbed a few times during the event (Got bored and went to it and got RDM'd Not pog. Unsure if this is intended to be enabled). And people attempted to break in to AR Weapon Cache (Unsure if they actually got anything from it).

Aight so this might be alot to read trough. It also might sound biased but here it goes :

GENERAL
- There needs to be a strict despawn script for cars. The ammount of vehicles left  everywhere probably caused major lag.
- The same goes for Money and body bags they need to get despawned faster cuz at some point there was more body bags than people in zones.
- So this one is more a QOL but the point were covering up the NLR timer and i know it fucked me over a few times.
- Now this one is probably the most annoying one that happaned but before there was any poseidon member even online cops were already capping two zones. Since they got on before most of the poseidon members. I know i was probably in the first wave that got in and started pushing a zone and even then police already had arround 600 point  head start.
- One of the thing that was also annoying for both sides is the camping of roads leading to cap zones I know there was a massive fight with police at  Aggelchori fuel station nowhere near a cap zone but on the way to them. The same happaned near Charkia where police were also waiting for poseidon to enter inside of the zone. When this started happening is also caused poseidon to start doing that with the solar towers.
-I still think that the rewards for winning are unbalanced on all sides. Lets be honest here if poseidon wins we get 15% off gear and thats nice but the 10% of drug sales. For that to actually be usefull you would need people to be doing poseidon drugs in the first place but since they pay aboslutly nothing  no one actually does them. The police while winning new land also dont get much more than that more land to patrol maybe if they win they should get the ability to see normal drug locations for that week i know that would make some thing easier for em. Rebels other than money from kills and holding the zone get fuck all  so for them its just a big ass redzone and thats it. Make it so that rebels actually get cheaper gear by some ammount (maybe diving it into 0% if police win, 10-15% if poseidon win, 20% if rebels win) that would in my opinion make rebels cooperate with poseidon against police or even make rebel groups cooperate with themselves against both factions alot more.

POSEIDON
- Even with Poseidon paying half price for their gear I myself wasted arround 3mil for gearsets. While not really getting much back from the kills  (Now here i will agree that i have no idea how many kills were actually in the cap zone and i wasnt paying attention for the kill rewards being payed out). In my opinion buffing kill rewards for Poseidon and civs would be a smart idea ( Maybe making a larger zone where kill rewards will be payed out but not contribute to actually capping (This could go along with Akula's Suggestion to make it into a capture the flag type cap zone))
- With that i would also suggest higher cap zone rewards that are payed out cuz poseidon was getting arround 5k ish each.
- The zones or cap zones in itself were not balanced with cops having 2 zones almost next to their spawn and the closest one for poseidon being at Rodopoli. the Police had the Dome right outside their spawn so contesting that was a proper fail to even attempt.

POLICE
- So if anything yesterdays event showed that number matter. With police able to have people set up to hold zones while also contesting every zone they wish with more spec ops units so as many have said There needs to be a cap on the ammount of police Either a 25v25 or 20v20 with faction command setting up priority as they wish.
- So i dont know this but while poseidon had a hardcap of 2 ifrits im pretty sure police were not following this rule at all i literally saw atleast two hunters in every zone i was in being driven by police (They might have gotten them from rebels tho)
- The ammount of flashbangs used was also a bit strange ngl. Flashbangs give a clear advantage the same with teargas. Also the ammount of times i was spiked yesterday just trying to get to cap zones was actually absurd. There should be strong limitations on using these or not even allowed to use them at all.
- Poseidon heard alot of Police also havign DARTERS above every zone just that in itself gives you such an advantage that they need to be limited also or not used at all.
- Ive heard multiple Police officers say that poseidon has better gear yet the ammount of PCSO'S yesterday running arround with MX's and Promet's was stupid while poseidon was limited to gearsets in their arsenal we literally had people fighting with AK's i do not know from where the idea comes that everyone was getting a CAR 95-1 with 100rounds cause that was not happening at all. Ofc people with arsenal acces to these guns used them but not everyone.

REBEL
- What was the point for rebels fighting border wars yesterday? (no offense but did rebels actually gain anything at all from that?)
- In my opinion rebels should have a reason to fight  so maybe make it so that if police win gear prices stay the same if poseidon wins all rebel gear costs 10-15% less and if rebels win the gear cost goes down by 20% or less this will give rebels something to actually fight for and a reason to work together to fuck both poseidon and police over. 
Everything you said in general i agree with pretty much. A few things though, the fact police got on sooner is just unlucky tbh. It wasn't biased towards cops in anyway. I do very much agree with the camping spawns. It rly shouldn't happen, its just sad. Hopefully neither factions will camp the edge of the redzone next time.

The rewards need to be looked at and adjusted. I think Poseidons is fine if you win, yes no one rly does drugs but you still get a decent gear reduction of 15%. Rebels need to get better rewards along with Poseidon for kill rewards. 

Just saying, this is a drug cartel fighting police to push a border back. Of course it's going to be expensive. Ideally Poseidon should make lots of money throughout the week with drugs etc and then spend most of what they made at border wars fighting Police. Since drug runs are so rare this doesnt really work.

You do realise that next week the zone will be so much closer to Poseidons spawns. I do agree though having telos Domes wasn't a good point, very OP for police. 

Police have a hardcap of 3 hunters out so I doubt you saw that many. Poseidon do have ifrits you know but Lobos would actually have to pull them for once to contest so. IDK about NCA but AR didn't use either flashbangs or teargas ( that I know of ). It's not rly that OP, if you have a gas mask tear gas is useless. Flashbangs are so easy to avoid and arent rly that good.

PCSOs werent running around with MXs and Promets lol. Yes we got critical armoury but no one was handing out gear so that didnt make a difference.

Rebels have no purpose in border wars, it is meant to be faction vs faction. But yes rebels should gain something from holding zones.

On a side not of this, Agios bank was robbed a few times during the event (Got bored and went to it and got RDM'd Not pog. Unsure if this is intended to be enabled). And people attempted to break in to AR Weapon Cache (Unsure if they actually got anything from it).
They wouldn't have been able to get in, but the message was still sent when they tried. This has been fixed now.

So i dont know this but while poseidon had a hardcap of 2 ifrits im pretty sure police were not following this rule at all i literally saw atleast two hunters in every zone i was in being driven by police (They might have gotten them from rebels tho)
We have a hard cap of 3, this is not changeable, we literally can only take out 3.

The ammount of flashbangs used was also a bit strange ngl. Flashbangs give a clear advantage the same with teargas. Also the ammount of times i was spiked yesterday just trying to get to cap zones was actually absurd. There should be strong limitations on using these or not even allowed to use them at all.
These are restricted to AR, there are 2 members that like using them and they are heavily advised not to due to how stupid they are.

Poseidon heard alot of Police also havign DARTERS above every zone just that in itself gives you such an advantage that they need to be limited also or not used at all.
There were no darters at any point at the event that I saw (they literally appear on the map for us so they're not hard to spot)

Ive heard multiple Police officers say that poseidon has better gear yet the ammount of PCSO'S yesterday running arround with MX's and Promet's
This is simply not true, if you have proof then send it to GC.

This is simply not true, if you have proof then send it to GC.
i will add to this, either give it to GC or let academy command know (CI Mystix, CI Nikolai, SI Scream or CSI Snuffles) as we can also deal with pcso's doing stuff they shouldn't

- Limitation of Faction

- Alot of people will want to contribute and have fun, and experience border wars, there is 3x more police then Poseidon, so therefore more slots for them should be expected, l

-  Police fight - Rebels / Poseidon - / Poseidon can team with rebels as police cant.

- if only specialised units, are only allowed to go, it would be unfair for certain individuals, and would seem pointless as it needs to be backed by the faction not just a certain unit. (obviously the spec units, have more equipment but i think when there is border wars, there should be  a shop for all ranks that can access  equipment, just for the event.

- perhaps a life cap, lets say 50 - lifes to start, every 1 kill = +1 life for each faction and every death = -1 life, and if they run out then they need to wait perhaps 5:00 or 10:00 minutes before they regain another 50.

one thing i do not understand though, is if police wins border wars twice, no big effects happen? it stays the same as they won it the first time, i think if police wins two times in a row, poseidon should have to pay more for their gear, or more for their vehicles, as if they win it goes back to the original state, as where the border was orginaly, and then they would have to win a third time to get the pushed back border, if it makes sense?

Please buff the money rewards for rebels. Plebs had a point for a while but it only gave 30k every 5 mins meaning to actually break even with a mk1 loadout you would have to survive for about an hour. As it is currently there was little point in even participating as a rebel.

think if police wins two times in a row, poseidon should have to pay more for their gear, or more for their vehicles,
Are you taking the piss? Our gear is a rip off as it is. We get pay checks & money from zones equivalent to cops, whilst our gear is more similar to rebels. Everyone in Poseidon is consistently losing money when fighting etc. If I was to play rebel for a week, I bet my money would go on the rise as pay from zones would be better, however as Poseidon I am currently -20 mill. Bit shit already, make us pay more and Poseidon will just end up being inactive  

We have a hard cap of 3, this is not changeable, we literally can only take out 3.
I personally was not able to attend, however thank you for clarifying this. If police is only able to bring out 3 hunters, then it must be stolen police hunters that rebels use. 

one thing i do not understand though, is if police wins border wars twice, no big effects happen? it stays the same as they won it the first time, i think if police wins two times in a row, poseidon should have to pay more for their gear, or more for their vehicles, as if they win it goes back to the original state, as where the border was orginaly, and then they would have to win a third time to get the pushed back border, if it makes sense?
If that's the case and the Police does win again next week, Poseidon is not gonna be able to have even a slight chance. As @Simon Ross said; "Poseidon lost a lot of money during the border war, and we barely make money back". So unless we go relentless and don't allow for people to misunderstand the border passes, or runs and we steal all they do, however with the influx of new players, our goal is not to make them hate Poseidon, and leave the server after being robbed multiple times by both rebels and Poseidon, so that is not an option.
Furthermore, if nobody can pay for their loadout for the border war, there is simply no point in us participating, and as a result will lead to most Poseidon members going inactive, which will have the opposite hoped result of the player base rising. 

Back