What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Border Wars Feedback

yet the ammount of PCSO'S yesterday running arround with MX's and Promet's was stupid
Police were specifically told the gear that we were allowed. It was regular patrol gear at critical threat level, and regular spec patrol gear.

If you can provide evidence, I'd be more than happy to pass it on to my future professional standards boss @sciencefreak74

you are a cartel? "poseidon" hit the HM run the pockets of pd / rebels.
We get payed nothing for doing the HM anymore. Likewise there is very rarely enough police online for us to do a HM, have done one in literally 3 months. 

If you can provide evidence, I'd be more than happy to pass it on to my future professional standards boss
or Academy command *cough cough*

Should put caps on small compounds of houses, deerstands or hqs. Fewer places to hide and harder to hold than the ones that were used last time.

you are a cartel? "poseidon" hit the HM run the pockets of pd / rebels.
Unfortunately, an HM will not have enough payout for that. So we would still need to go relentless against rebels and civilians, and that is simply not an option. During the last 3 days since the last border war, we have not been able to do an HM, purely because there is not enough cops on, and when there is, there is not enough Poseidon on. So us paying double for our loadout, would cause us to not have enough for our gear, and therefore we would lose every single border war, causing us (as stated before) to go inactive or be very relentless towards other players, Which could potentially cause a dip in players again. Us being a "cartel" does not necessarily mean that we have all the money in the world. 

Unfortunately, an HM will not have enough payout for that. So we would still need to go relentless against rebels and civilians, and that is simply not an option. During the last 3 days since the last border war, we have not been able to do an HM, purely because there is not enough cops on, and when there is, there is not enough Poseidon on. So us paying double for our loadout, would cause us to not have enough for our gear, and therefore we would lose every single border war, causing us (as stated before) to go inactive or be very relentless towards other players, Which could potentially cause a dip in players again. Us being a "cartel" does not necessarily mean that we have all the money in the world. 
You  are wrong about that there is more than 15 cops on every day. The plebs tried doing it 2 times now in 2 days once successful if im not wrong.

You  are wrong about that there is more than 15 cops on every day.
I'd like to ask you to please read this part again carefully: purely because there is not enough cops on, and when there is, there is not enough Poseidon on 

So after Slapping Police  let's have some feedback on Border Wars.

Please no crying, only constructive feedback that can help this get better!

My points so far:

-  Overall balanced between slots and how the capzones are handled now and a better experience. 

- Some places was still able to get robbed.

- Better with balance in the start as well, handling more people and letting both factions get in at relatively the same time.

- EDIT: Perhaps make the border wars shorter, as I think people would rather not play for 4 hours straight, rather something like 2 hours

Last edited by a moderator:
Am curious as to what happened with police tbf. At the beginning there was strong turnout, but then by the end there can’t have been more than like 12-15. What happened to numbers? How can it be made so the numbers don’t disappear half way through - whilst it is nice to have an easy fight it isn’t exactly in the spirit of the event. 

Am curious as to what happened with police tbf. At the beginning there was strong turnout, but then by the end there can’t have been more than like 12-15. What happened to numbers? How can it be made so the numbers don’t disappear half way through - whilst it is nice to have an easy fight it isn’t exactly in the spirit of the event. 
Not everyone wants to stay on for 4 hours fighting constantly, it gets very repetitive at times. I would recomend make it a 2 hour event or something along that. Maybe make it so a winner is decleard once X amount of points is reached?

Well Police had 30 on at peak pretty much but some logged. When Poseidon and Police numbers were equal its pretty unbalanced. Especially now you can pull 5 ifrits we were just outmatched so other's logged. The lag made lots log off as well. No point playing when you can't see hwo killed you then they teleport infront and disappear off

So after Slapping Police  let's have some feedback on Border Wars.

Please no crying, only constructive feedback that can help this get better!

My points so far:

-  Overall balanced between slots and how the capzones are handled now and a better experience. 

- Some places was still able to get robbed.

- Better with balance in the start as well, handling more people and letting both factions get in at relatively the same time.

- EDIT: Perhaps make the border wars shorter, as I think people would rather not play for 4 hours straight, rather something like 2 hours
letting both factions get in? Last week there was nothing stopping Poseidon logging on lol. Nothing changed regarding that, just Poseidon actually tried getting into the server at restart. 

4 hrs is long when its that laggy and unbalanced. It's fine length if it runs well and is balanced.

i played for 2 hours 45 min i had to wait for my NLR because i got killed outside the zone 3 times near the most contested area and the other hour was just lagg which was main reason for people to leave.

also the lagg was horrible
People were warping everywhere, glitching through walls and floors, bullets were being fired like shotgun rounds, random vdm's happening with no vehicles even near each other.

The optimization of this event is something that need to takes priority imo
How to do so, I wouldn't have a clue 😄

People were warping everywhere, glitching through walls and floors, bullets were being fired like shotgun rounds, random vdm's happening with no vehicles even near each other.

The optimization of this event is something that need to takes priority imo
How to do so, I wouldn't have a clue 😄
It’s pretty easy to optimise, you just need to go into settings, configuration, game, and then enable the “good” setting. 

i had to wait for my NLR because i got killed outside the zone 3 times
If that happened, Just go back in after it hits 10 minutes because you died fighting/in a redzone fight(even if you were just outside)

I liked the zones, they were zones that you had to slam (apart from the fact that it didn't take long for most of the buildings to become rubble 😂), made it much more fast paced and when the server wasn't desyncing like crazy it was pretty fun. The amount of Ifrits out by Rebels and Poseidon made it very hard for the Police that were non AR, They struggled like crazy which led to most of them loggin off by 10. Especially with how laggy it was people could decamp kill and jump back in without being seen.

This time round Night wasn't skipped and to make it worse the time was bugged so every 15-20 minutes in game time the time would jump back 10 in game minutes which made night time last forever and massive FPS drops when the time jumped back.

Can we have night time skipped for the event, I get better FPS in day time and its a much more enjoyable experience. 

I do agree with people saying 4 hours is to long. By 11 I have usually had enough, 2 Hours will probably be fine and if its pretty close then extend it an hour? It also seems to be around 10 that the server gives up, so could be have a quick half time restart if it goes on longer?

Overall, it was better. My FPS was better this time round it's just network desync making it unplayable.

This event has sooo much potential, it just needs to be adjusted. So FPS were okay this time around compared to the first Border wars. But the one yesterday was WAY more desync. Like Dexter said, get rid of night time kept going on repeat and felt like it never ended. I think the 4 hours is a good amount of fighting as its a fun event. If we just get rid of the horrible desync i can see this being one of the best types of "warzone" events that an altis life server has currently. I know this is only the 2nd Border Wars and i understand if was not going to be perfect from the start. Overall the caps were good and had to be "slammed" which in my opinion is the best type of fights where there is just constantly people slamming. 

Overall: Way better FPS this time around but more desync. Good caps and it was fun

GG Poseidon

Over all I really enjoyed this one. The new balance system works as expected, desync was obviously a huge issue but I won't even pretend to know how to fix that. Poseidon had the upper hand due to it being in our lands, so it makes sense that we would have an edge. We wont know if the balancing is spot on until we it back neutral and then see what happens but either way, this was a vast improvement and I think a real credit to the dev team! I feel as though it has not only improved the player base on a friday but every day too. Good job! 

Back