What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Broken Equipment.

A92 Delta

Brief Summary: Add some sort of feature to fix or make a way to get the police / g6 equipment.

I've been around the server quite a while know so I've experienced both systems of having "broken/busted" equipment and not. I recognise that the rob rate for cops and G6 was through the roof when the break system wasnt implemented however the new system is a bit over the top... Every cop or g6 that i have robbed since this new system has consistently dropped all "broken" equipment without fail, I was talking to a guy that robbed 15 cops and ALL of them dropped broken equipment. Now I dont know the percentage of when they wont drop broken or if at all possible but at the moment robbing a cop or g6 is worthless unless you're just really hungry or looking for a hostage. 

Most robbery attention has turned to Taxi drivers and I dont think this is better than the previous robberies of the police. I think if a way to "fix" the guns through the means of making a new weapon part or if there was a NPC like the dodgy doctor who could fix them for a price, or even if the likelihood of them being broken was reduced a large bit then it would be better. I dont see the point of having the broken weapons if there is no way to fix them, surely just make it that you cant take the weapons from them etc. Bare in mind this suggestion is made from the fact that me nor nobody that i know of knows if there is a way to fix the equipment that breaks.

https://gyazo.com/27d579bace0162e551824d1213c86481

pros:

Taxi drivers are likely to get robbed less

Better options for roleplay as when people rob a police officer they usually have less quality roleplay since they know its not really worth it.

Less "useless" items.

cons:

police officer robberies will increase (not necessarily a bad thing since they will get roleplay)

I agree this should be changed to an extent, I have not tried to rob any cops since this was implemented, yet. However it does seem like every single time any of my mates robs a cop or G6 their equipment does get broken.

I don't know if its possible or if its already the case but if there was any way to add a probability of the item breaking or at least decreasing the chances of it happening because it does genuinely seem far too excessive with the amount they do break.

So the reason for this change in the first place it to combat the continuous police robberies which has been a big problem where police officers does not even log on the server as they are constantly being robbed.

So it was change so that police equipment gets jammed etc when dropped. As far as I am aware it was looked at if there should be a percentage of how likely the equipment will break but the current system was chosen. The reason is becuase if there is a 50% chance that the equipment is fine the issue would most likely grow as people would then rob cops twice as much as the chances of getting the equipment is lower.

I think if a way to "fix" the guns through the means of making a new weapon part or if there was a NPC like the dodgy doctor who could fix them for a price
So I do believe that a system like this could be in mind however it also takes up quite abit of dev time to develop a new system and so understandably this might not be a thing for abit.

police officer robberies will increase (not necessarily a bad thing since they will get roleplay)
I would probably say its not a particularly good thing either since that is the reason this was put in place.
The issue I see is that majority of robberies (not only against police) are done with basically no roleplay. Most of them play out along the lines of "hands up, hands up, hands up... *search the person*... drop 'item'... hands up".

Better options for roleplay as when people rob a police officer they usually have less quality roleplay since they know its not really worth it.
I think this plays in pretty well with my point above. And I think the statement "less quality roleplay since they know its not really worth it" is just outrageus... You should always provide quality roleplay even if you dont get any guns or other items from it.

I also think its speaks alot about the situation that the price of a Glock has gone up in price with about 300k which just points to the fact that there was too many robberies.

(Personal opinion and not staff)

I think the system is working quite well for discouraging robberies, there shouldn't be a reason to target officer except for proper RP purposes as it would be an extremely risky way of simply getting some otherwise available hardware.

My opinion, I 100% disagree with this from a perspective of my cop character and my civ character but I will explain why. 
Before this system was implemented cops & G6 were getting robbed constantly which I think we all know, and it was really not a fun experience for the person getting robbed or targeted constantly especially when the majority of the r time there was zero RP involved - however now with this system in place, the quality of RP I have had firsthand and I have witnessed between others is amazing, the police & G6 are no longer watching over their backs every minute for someone to pull a knife on them which is leading to Police & G6 having a lot of extended interactions in the streets etc…

Every cop or g6 that i have robbed since this new system has consistently dropped all "broken" equipment without fail, I was talking to a guy that robbed 15 cops
 To me this is absolutely crazy, if this is “consistently” happening to you - where is the fear factor in your roleplay? How many cops or G6 have you robbed since this mechanic was introduced? Are you just going round constantly robbing people with no fear of the consequences? I’m sorry, but people like you & this guy that are robbing Police & G6 at a mass rate are the exact reason why this ‘quality of life’ change was absolutely necessary and an amazing change to server mechanics. You have referred to him as this guy, not your friend, so has some random guy just told you he robbed 15 cops? 

Even as my civ which is friends with a lot of gang members, I have heard very little complaints about it - to be honest a lot of people that are serious RPers seem to be very happy about this change as it’s leading to better RP. No more following cops into clothing stores and “hands up hands up, don’t panic” people are actually getting the RP levels they should be from such a massive whitelisted & trusted group now that they can relax a little knowing that someone with a switchblade isn’t going to try rob 2 armed and highly trained (in RP) Police Officers in the middle of a busy street, I mean cmon where is the serious RP in that? 
Before this change was implemented I quite regularly seen cops & G6 being robbed at the prison, at the G6 controlled key store, at the Police station, at pillbox, in gas stations - all busy locations & most of the government facilities where nobody in the right mind should every try rob someone, especially on a few occasions someone with a knife vs a cop with an assault rifle, which in my opinion is just plain old stupidity. 

I will stop rambling on now, but this will be a strong -1 from me as this change has massively increased the RP standards of the server & made it a much better place to be 🙂 

Who said this isn't already a thing #findoutinrp

Last edited by a moderator:
 the police & G6 are no longer watching over their backs every minute for someone to pull a knife on them which is leading to Police & G6 having a lot of extended interactions in the streets etc…
This is a roleplay server at the end of the day, The biggest fear for people in the police force and for their families is that one day they might not return from work, sadly that is a real life reality. Police and G6 shouldn't be roaming the streets care free because it is a high crime city. 

To me this is absolutely crazy, if this is “consistently” happening to you - where is the fear factor in your roleplay? How many cops or G6 have you robbed since this mechanic was introduced? Are you just going round constantly robbing people with no fear of the consequences? 
My character has broken out of prison twice, had multiple warrants, is wanted by multiple gangs, that is my rp character. I dont do taxi driving for a living otherwise my "fear factor" would be through the roof.

You have referred to him as this guy, not your friend, so has some random guy just told you he robbed 15 cops?  
Was having a conversation outside of the city. Not every contact is through roleplay.

especially on a few occasions someone with a knife vs a cop with an assault rifle, which in my opinion is just plain old stupidity. 
I've been kidnapped by a priest with a big fuck off assault rifle, had an organised golf club melee battle with two gangs and held a cop hostage with simply my fingers in the position of a gun, i think all of the above is much less common than someone attacking armed police with a knife. It is a game at the end of the day. If we are going to talk realism a gun or tasers does not Jam every time it is dropped on the floor. 

Look im not saying we should revert back to the old system because I was also a cop and experienced being robbed, its not fun, neither is getting robbed as a taxi driver, neither is a lot of things, that doesnt mean we should make it so that its near impossible to rob taxi drivers. 

Im merely suggesting adding ways to fix the guns or making the percentage less likely to break.

Look im not saying we should revert back to the old system because I was also a cop and experienced being robbed, its not fun, neither is getting robbed as a taxi driver, neither is a lot of things, that doesnt mean we should make it so that its near impossible to rob taxi drivers. 

Im merely suggesting adding ways to fix the guns or making the percentage less likely to break.
Server isn't just about robbing people. You can obtain guns in other ways.

What stops the person being robbed simply passing the weapon over directly to the robber?

Confused as to what the difference is between handing it directly and putting it on the floor. I dont rob cops so ive never needed to understand what the difference is. Why complain about the fact you get a trashed gun from dropping it on the floor.

Yes the current state of robbery is pretty poor. If its dialing back a bit im all for that.

Cops/G6 can only put it on the floor.
They can put it on the floor or just give it , it will break regardless of both options, i know there is 2 alternative options to go about it but i would say that is probably exploiting so i wont venture into them.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can put it on the floor or just give it , it will break regardless of both options, i know there is 2 alternative options to go about it but i would say that is probably exploiting so i wont venture into them.
Yeah, I meant to say you can drop or give them it but you aren't able to force them to do it in other means

Server isn't just about robbing people. You can obtain guns in other ways.
no where in this have I stated the server is just about robbing people, obviously there will be a biased reaction from people in police, obviously they don't want to be robbed, but I'm suggesting there are better ways to deal with that situation than rendering the objects useless as soon as they're dropped. Ideas such as making the sentence time for someone convicted of firearms charges or robbing a police officer a lot longer. Implement systems such as "gunpowder residue" left on the hands of people who shoot weapons, that has to be washed off. A "panic button" that rings as soon as a firearm is dropped from a g6 or police. Implement a double crew mandatory system within the police for officers to take out weapons. I know this is a "general thing" in the force but its not enforced that much. 

no where in this have I stated the server is just about robbing people, obviously there will be a biased reaction from people in police, obviously they don't want to be robbed, but I'm suggesting there are better ways to deal with that situation than rendering the objects useless as soon as they're dropped. Ideas such as making the sentence time for someone convicted of firearms charges or robbing a police officer a lot longer. Implement systems such as "gunpowder residue" left on the hands of people who shoot weapons, that has to be washed off. A "panic button" that rings as soon as a firearm is dropped from a g6 or police. Implement a double crew mandatory system within the police for officers to take out weapons. I know this is a "general thing" in the force but its not enforced that much. 
Certainly not biased as I have 2 crim characters and 1 police character.

I don't care about being robbed if it provides high quality RP and not just I want your assault rifle.

Panic buttons are a button, how would a button know to trigger if you've dropped a firearm?

There is a mandatory system for all officers who have a firearm to double crew. It is enforced whenever officers are seen doing it. The amount of times I've heard @Tigerforcescreaming it down the radio. Anyone who isn't double crewed is either flying under the radar in regards to the radio, lies that they're double crewed or they're patrolling at stupid times when they're the only cop online.

I do appreciate what you are trying to do here, and I am not against better ideas - but the things you are suggesting either don’t work or simply aren’t realistic. Sorry, but in my personal opinion, none of these ideas are better than what the dev team has implemented. 

1. Prison sentences get extended, but by this point usually the gun has already been used to shoot someone or sold therefore doesn’t deter.
2. Gunpowder residue - Wouldn’t cut down robberies at all. 
3. panic if weapon dropped - there is no realism in that at all.

4. Double crew to carry a gun already exists - usually 2 officers are taken by a large group or one of them is simply shot and left behind. 

I have characters on both sides of this argument & my personal opinion is that the changes made have turned the server into a much much nicer place to play & much more enjoyable for both sides honestly. 

If I had a better idea then I would post a suggestion, and if you ever come up with an idea I think is better than what the server has now - I will 100% upvote it, but this isn’t it. 

3. panic if weapon dropped - there is no realism in that at all.
Dropping a gun/ giving a gun and breaking it isn't realism either i honestly think the panic or like a GPS on the gun would be a better option than the option that is implemented right now.

I do agree that there should be a handicap to robbing cops since the amount of times they got robbed was absurd but personally don't agree with completely removing it.

Dropping a gun/ giving a gun and breaking it isn't realism either i honestly think the panic or like a GPS on the gun would be a better option than the option that is implemented right now.

I do agree that there should be a handicap to robbing cops since the amount of times they got robbed was absurd but personally don't agree with completely removing it.
Thats why the guns are jammed etc... not just broke, in an attempt to preserve some realism in it.

Like I said, its my personal opinion that none of these ideas are good ideas - if something good is suggested then I will upvote it.

Certainly not biased as I have 2 crim characters and 1 police character.

I don't care about being robbed if it provides high quality RP and not just I want your assault rifle.

Panic buttons are a button, how would a button know to trigger if you've dropped a firearm?

There is a mandatory system for all officers who have a firearm to double crew. It is enforced whenever officers are seen doing it. The amount of times I've heard @Tigerforcescreaming it down the radio. Anyone who isn't double crewed is either flying under the radar in regards to the radio, lies that they're double crewed or they're patrolling at stupid times when they're the only cop online.
notice how "panic button" is in quotation marks. I dont mean a panic button that the cop has to press im talking about a sensor of such that alerts when the gun is taken from an officer. 

Thats why the guns are jammed etc... not just broke, in an attempt to preserve some realism in it.

Like I said, its my personal opinion that none of these ideas are good ideas - if something good is suggested then I will upvote it.
yes the gun may say "jammed" but its unfixable therefore its broke, thats the problem. Guns jamming, especially a 9mm isnt so often, and fixing a jammed glock is as simple as holding it upside down with the mag unloaded and palming the grip towards the barrel. So again the system currently implemented is the most unrealistic out of all of these suggestions. 

Back