What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change Birthday Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Staff Team
Staff Team
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary: A Small and weird request, but could we possibly have the birthday format in game changed to DD/MM/YYYY rather than the current YYYY/MM/DD.

Detailed Suggestion: The current format for birthdays in game was recently changed to show their year, month and day of birth for the character, rather than just age. However, it is currently set as YYYY/MM/DD. I’m suggesting this be changed to DD/MM/YYYY, as this is what is used in the UK.

The Pros: More UK Themed appropriate?? xD

The Cons: Dev work..

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?Not in the slightest 

I wouldn't mind it anyways but where I live the format is MM/DD/YYYY so having it YYYY/MM/DD eases my mind however I don't mind it if it get's changed.

I wouldn't mind it anyways but where I live the format is MM/DD/YYYY so having it YYYY/MM/DD eases my mind however I don't mind it if it get's changed.
Solution: Move to the UK. More specifically, Scotland.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is currently set as YYYY/MM/DD. I’m suggesting this be changed to DD/MM/YYYY, as this is what is used in the UK.
I do see your point however there are two reasons why I chose to do YYYY-MM-DD instead of DD/MM/YYYY.

1. It meant I didn't have to format the date since YYYY-MM-DD is the default format for dates.

2. YYYY-MM-DD is more obvious to what the format is ( I'm not aware of anywhere that uses YYYY-DD-MM anyway). Adding onto this XX/XX/YYYY could be interpreted as DD/MM or MM/DD depending on the location where the person lives.

I do see your point however there are two reasons why I chose to do YYYY-MM-DD instead of DD/MM/YYYY.

1. It meant I didn't have to format the date since YYYY-MM-DD is the default format for dates.

2. YYYY-MM-DD is more obvious to what the format is ( I'm not aware of anywhere that uses YYYY-DD-MM anyway). Adding onto this XX/XX/YYYY could be interpreted as DD/MM or MM/DD depending on the location where the person lives.
I also see your points. However as long as it said in game DD/MM/YYYY surely we would be able to trust people's common sense that DD means day and MM means month. I think this confusion would only be caused if it actually said XX/XX rather than DD/MM.

• Facepalm
Reactions: 1A3
I think 1A3 was referring also to the in game data display. As for example, on the PNC, there would be no placeholder for DD/MM, so it could led to confusion. I know the way it is displayed, the American way if I'm not mistaken, may be uncomfortable, but it is for sure the risk free format

@1A3Please fix, thank you.

ree-pepe.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back