What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change dodgy doctor so there is 100% success rate when accepting

Robin A

Banned
Since the hospitals have begun taking guns at an extremely high rate, criminals have somewhat been forced to use the dodgy doctor whenever downed, if the dodgy goes well then the downed individual is revived. However, even when accepted there is a chance that the person can still die, to me this makes no sense and it feels somewhat unfair and it's also not just about the items, for example if a rival gang would to kidnap me and down me in the process then subsequently take me to the dodgy doctor, I may want to continue the roleplay with them and there is no guarantee that this could happen. 

In my opinion, this wouldn't be a buff to criminals more a quality of life feature that should be added and I think most can agree that losing a gun to pillbox is the most demoralising thing ever as there is literally no roleplay behind it and its just a free win for police. 

If the devs deem this too strong, you could add another feature where by the dodgy doctor sells 2 different types of defibs, one being 50k and having somewhat high chance of working and another being 100k and 100% chance of working.

The Pros:

- more roleplay opportunities

- more enjoyable for crims

The Cons:

- there is none

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

even when accepted there is a chance that the person can still die, to me this makes no sense and it feels somewhat unfair
It's called "dodgy doctor" for a reason.

pillbox taking guns at such a high rate
That's incorrect, it's actually more likely that you'd die at dodgy doctor than lose weapons at hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see why it would be reasonable to think a weird guy in an alley way is capable of treating people successfully 100% of the time. We don't exactly have this. Personally think it's fine as is.

+1 i agree the percentage should rise when it comes to it being effective surgery although he is a dogy dr he is still medically trained and will still be able to make his equipment sterile and use things such as hibiscrub to clean his patients wounds which would sterelise the wound and equipment etc. i dont think it should be a 100 percent because complications can occur wether its outside in the open surgery or enclosed in the hospital, but overall i like the suggestion it would make for better rp which is what its all about overall.

The fact this stems from the thought of losing guns is the main issue, if the reasoning behind it to improve quality of RP i'd be inclined to think differently, currently firearm stockpiles are at an all time high, if anything there should be more gun sinks but that's just a personal opinion, on the note of the dodgy doctor, he's exactly that, an unlicensed doctor who sells you stolen equipment used to revive your friends, I still think 50k is to cheap for that as well but there we go, if a change was made 100% would not be it, you're often being revived on an unsanitary, dusty, dirty floor with open GSW's (That's what most of them are used for at least) to avoid losing a gun and ensure the cops can't catch you.

-1 from me.

just want there to be a safe option
This is kind of the point, you need to decide when you're going to carry a gun rather than having one all the time, this adds to the risk factor even if you're not planning on being in a shootout. It's there to discourage routine carry.

discourage routine carry
Yeah but say you still don’t routine carry and pull out a 1.4m gun to bring to a fight or protect your turf, you get downed and your options either are lose the gun to RNG with no roleplay or lose it to RNG at a dodgy doctor. 

Along with the NHS and the Police, the current system, in my opinion, is helping to stabilise the gun market. Since way too many guns have been kept on hand, as has been discussed throughout this thread, this could provide for some refreshing roleplay when demand for more weapons increases.

-1 - If you want the guarantee that you will get the firearm/whatever you are robbing them for. Then go to pillbox, sandy or paleto.

To flip this on its head, should NHS even have a 100% survival rate?

• PagChomp
Reactions: Eze
Back