What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change is needed and the floor is open

Status
Not open for further replies.
We basically don't do our own run. 
Opium is bugged, has been since dev release which is why you never see it. 
We only have 1 run up because of the restrictions in placing runs it always means that one run is worth doing far more than the other. Again we have petitioned to have this altered. 
I know its hard, but this is a open debate to hopefully change some things. If A item its something adveterised and not working, just remove it from the market and so. I tried to get other deeds than weed but never could and didnt understand why. - Trees, didnt know the weight, thought it was worth it to do the drive, found out no. See number 3. of my points ❤️ I really just want a server to live on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for everyones input so far here and with the votes and the points raised there.

We will have more votes tomorrow, Enjoy the remaining hours of your weekend!

5. History: Some people have a turbulent history on the server but haven't slipped up once in over a year, truly turning their lives around so to speak. But then an accidental NLR breach or whatever minor rule break can give them a permanent ban due to history. I feel like circumstances and good behaviour should weigh into that decision more than is being done right now.
I agree with this. Even with my history(which was not bad at all), it's not only people with a bad history who go through that. I got the boot without a 2nd thought, just look at my last unban. It's what mostly made me quit, lost the touch due to it and motivation straight after. We're all humans here and make mistakes, just step back and rethink things a bit before the banhammer is handed out.

I made a post a while ago regarding the decamp script and possibly removing it for MRAP's at minimum. I feel like many others miss the fast gameplay playing without a decampscript brings along with it. Aswell as the headaches regarding it however removing it from MRAP's or entirely is something i feel could either put a nail in the coffin of all the suggestions regarding removing it or add a more fast paced combat experience on the server. Might be something worth having a vote on as i feel it usually pops up once in a month and alot of players wants to see it removed.

I made a post a while ago regarding the decamp script and possibly removing it for MRAP's at minimum. I feel like many others miss the fast gameplay playing without a decampscript brings along with it. Aswell as the headaches regarding it however removing it from MRAP's or entirely is something i feel could either put a nail in the coffin of all the suggestions regarding removing it or add a more fast paced combat experience on the server. Might be something worth having a vote on as i feel it usually pops up once in a month and alot of players wants to see it removed.
Nobody wants people teleporting out of the side of armored vehicles with their weapon drawn able to shoot before you can even see them. 
The decamp script was added due to popular demand because the situation without it is unfair. There's a suggestion post about rubbers every other week but we're not talking about having a vote on whether the police should have rubbers. 

Nobody wants people teleporting out of the side of armored vehicles with their weapon drawn able to shoot before you can even see them. 
How would we know there hasnt been a proper vote for years now and whats the harm with having one then it can either be put to bed or be implemented whatever the community decides. As for people decamping so fast you can't even react i find that kinda hard to believe when there's a big ass ifrit coming towards you which isn't exactly quiet. Theres 2 ways they can shoot you left side or right side with the exception of laying down at which point you should be dead. 

The decamp script was added due to popular demand because the situation without it is unfair.
How is it unfair, everyone has the same ability to decamp out a car and spray the person instantly, if you're laying on a hill and sniping and can't react fast enough to someone driving up the hill why should every player be affected? The argument of vehicle initations was also used i believe however since there is pretty clear guidelines of what is accaptable and what is not i can't see how it would be a issue. 

There's a suggestion post about rubbers every other week but we're not talking about having a vote on whether the police should have rubbers. 
No i guess we don't but im sure if enough people brought it up we would have, i simply can't give a shit if police has rubbers that's why im not bringing it up. However i do like bringing up something that could enhance the combat atleast for me and alot of others on this server as the suggestions have shown in the past.

Some other communities have added a delay to shoot when exiting a vehicle which works quite well. It allows the server to catch up when full pop and makes it more "fair" for example a 1 second delay this could obviously be tested to ensure that it works.

All I have to say for the MRAP decamp script is the fact that rebels have to pay 1.5 million to buy an Ifrit, and with the decamp script they have very little purpose, and are generally only used for "Lets see how many Hunters we can (desync) ram before we get fucked". Either reduce the price to 750k, or remove the decamp and keep them at 1.5 IMO

Like I can buy 3 Orca for the price of an Ifrit, and that orca is legal, holds more ppl than a ifrit, faster to respond with, just as hard(if not harder) to kill the occupants(if flown correctly) as well ast the fact that an orca in the sky gives a much greater advantage to ground players than an MRAP on the ground(unless assistance is required actually shooting, where the orca lacks due to long af animation getting out)

what i think is kind of stupid and im saying this as a police officer is that the rubbers can knock someone out through the carrier rig. a vest that s supposed to stop bullets. however when it comes to rubbers it doesnt even take more than 1-2 rubber bullets to fall down. it should take more bullets depending on the armor level and where you re hitting

not sure if this has been brought up in this thread already or if its possible to code the rubbers like that but hopefully something can be done to improve this. maybe having to aim for any body part that s not covered by the rig or the helmet like hands or legs could do. again, not sure if its even possible to make it this way

what i think is kind of stupid and im saying this as a police officer is that the rubbers can knock someone out through the carrier rig. a vest that s supposed to stop bullets. however when it comes to rubbers it doesnt even take more than 1-2 rubber bullets to fall down. it should take more bullets depending on the armor level and where you re hitting

not sure if this has been brought up in this thread already or if its possible to code the rubbers like that but hopefully something can be done to improve this. maybe having to aim for any body part that s not covered by the rig or the helmet like hands or legs could do. again, not sure if its even possible to make it this way
completely agree or there should be some restrictions as running around in a gun fight with rubbers is just way to over powered and unreasonable.

Maybe do it so when hit by rubbers it either legs you or you can’t sprint 

that would make it plain pointless. same thing you can do with lethals in the legs
Right, but lethals can kill and this carnt. Let say there's some hobo running away from an officer after he has been told to stop. With lethals if the officer shot at him he may accidently kill him. With this it allows the officer to spray at him and disable his legs without killing him. Personally I feel it's ballenced this way. Want to knock them unconscious? Then aim properally and use your taser(something that requires some skill to use as opposed to rubbers which are just spray at them). Want to stop them running away so you can detain then? Then use shoot at them with the non-lethals to break their legs and therefore catch up to them.

or change it from the spar 16 and mk20 to the new long barreled shotgun for police? 2 shots instead of 30?

Right, but lethals can kill and this carnt. Let say there's some hobo running away from an officer after he has been told to stop. With lethals if the officer shot at him he may accidently kill him. With this it allows the officer to spray at him and disable his legs without killing him. Personally I feel it's ballenced this way. Want to knock them unconscious? Then aim properally and use your taser(something that requires some skill to use as opposed to rubbers which are just spray at them). Want to stop them running away so you can detain then? Then use shoot at them with the non-lethals to break their legs and therefore catch up to them.
why would anyone disable a hobo s legs instead of tasing him straight away. my point wasnt even on hobos. the rubbers should knock people out if they dont wear armor.

why would anyone disable a hobo s legs instead of tasing him straight away. my point wasnt even on hobos. the rubbers should knock people out if they dont wear armor.
Wasn't disputing that, just saying it wouldn't be the same as lethals...

Please note this is not asking for suggestions of what features you want etc, We cannot achieve or recruit new devs to give us groundbreaking features in a day, Lets approach this with the bigger picture in mind and use this opportunity sensibly.
I maybe should have been more clearer, I would like this topic not to be about development and more so about what changes we could make to make this a place you enjoy more, Development suggestions should really follow the usual process. 

Hey Wilco,

How about the community elect police gold command every 6 months or so from the current police members. Currently, You have gold command members that are not active or just go on AR runs.

By having the public elect gold command, it encourages the police to be more active and also not have the attitude of high and mighty towards the public. It also helps Gold Command be more creative, rather than be stagnate with ideas etc.

It could go like this.

Step 1: Public elect gold command members based on time on force and experience (eg has to be in the police for 6+ months etc)

Step 2: Gold command members are elected, the police then decide who is CC, DCC and ACC.

Step 3: repeat process after 6 months.

Regards

Hugo

Hey Wilco, 

Take my post with a grain of salt because I have only just returned after being away quite some time, so I am not well informed on what it is like on the servers today.
What I can tell you, is the reason why I left in the first place. I really really enjoyed playing on the RPUK server, however about a year ago changes started to come through that made it less and less fun to play as a rebel. (I stopped playing the rebel side way before I stopped Police/NHS). The increasing difficulty of making money legally or safely is probably what got to me first. Do not get me wrong I love roleplaying(and people that remember me as a medic will know that) and especially around robberies because I always tried to talk my way out of it in some stupid way. But it does get to you at some point, when you can't even successfully sell one truck/huron/fish of whatever because you litteraly got robbed every single run of the day. Plus, it's not like you enjoyed yourself during these roleplay scenarios. People where just trying to get your load as soon as possible using what I would say is bare minimum RP and then piss off so they could bank their cash.

I myself am the grinding type so I really enjoyed building up the bankroll, saving for new helicopters/houses etc. and I really enjoyed the Roleplay in my first year of playing at RPUK. I am not saying it should be easy to make money but at this point it felt impossible and it removed a lot of fun from the game for me.

I did not use to be like this and for me it led to me getting quite paranoid when selling or even mining anything to the point where I would jump in a chopper and fly off at the slightest sign of danger(even a chopper just flying by). There's me someone who enjoyes RP trying to avoid it at any cost because it has become so frustrating.

I agree with many people that the main reason this happens is because there isn't much else to do for rebels. It pretty much feels like rob or get robbed.

A few days ago I reinstalled Arma and hopped onto the server to see if my account was still working (and to my pleasant surprise everything was still there) I chatted with some people in Kavala but I am reluctant to really get back into it for fear of the same experiences.

Regards, 

Recon Nine

Hey Wilco, 

Take my post with a grain of salt because I have only just returned after being away quite some time, so I am not well informed on what it is like on the servers today.
What I can tell you, is the reason why I left in the first place. I really really enjoyed playing on the RPUK server, however about a year ago changes started to come through that made it less and less fun to play as a rebel. (I stopped playing the rebel side way before I stopped Police/NHS). The increasing difficulty of making money legally or safely is probably what got to me first. Do not get me wrong I love roleplaying(and people that remember me as a medic will know that) and especially around robberies because I always tried to talk my way out of it in some stupid way. But it does get to you at some point, when you can't even successfully sell one truck/huron/fish of whatever because you litteraly got robbed every single run of the day. Plus, it's not like you enjoyed yourself during these roleplay scenarios. People where just trying to get your load as soon as possible using what I would say is bare minimum RP and then piss off so they could bank their cash.

I myself am the grinding type so I really enjoyed building up the bankroll, saving for new helicopters/houses etc. and I really enjoyed the Roleplay in my first year of playing at RPUK. I am not saying it should be easy to make money but at this point it felt impossible and it removed a lot of fun from the game for me.

I did not use to be like this and for me it led to me getting quite paranoid when selling or even mining anything to the point where I would jump in a chopper and fly off at the slightest sign of danger(even a chopper just flying by). There's me someone who enjoyes RP trying to avoid it at any cost because it has become so frustrating.

I agree with many people that the main reason this happens is because there isn't much else to do for rebels. It pretty much feels like rob or get robbed.

A few days ago I reinstalled Arma and hopped onto the server to see if my account was still working (and to my pleasant surprise everything was still there) I chatted with some people in Kavala but I am reluctant to really get back into it for fear of the same experiences.

Regards, 

Recon Nine

Totally get this, I used to play on a community about 5 years ago where everything was fun. Runs were fun, getting your run robbed was also fun because the criminals cared about theyre rep so they always roleplayed authentically and uniquely. it was different every time. But im afraid I really don't think there is anything management can do to make things go back to this. It's just the arma community as a whole mate. I've just re installed arma last week and done exact same thing as you, hopped in game on another server not here and just ran round kav scared to get back into things. Nowadays people just want to fight, years ago they wanted to RP. I can't see it going back to what you used to enjoy. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back