What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Change is needed and the floor is open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not forget that rebels can’t actually break into your houses meaning all you have to worry about are police 
Honestly thats good at the current state its at the houses are fucking useless , people say its op but your forgeting its near the purple zone and its fucking aids to defend so noone uses them anyway , if they were moved and position differently i am all for giving everyone ability to rob but not at the current state its at.

I apologise 
@GHOSTK1LL3R 
I didn't initially see your post as other ludicrous posts came after it. 

Sorry my lack of tags offends you, I'll just give myself every tag in the cartel. I can do that, because..y'know... I run it. 
that I used 1 ifrit, in a red zone 1 time must mean the cartel don't particularly care about them. Perhaps as one of 3 leaders of an entire cartel, I just only care about the ones that are gold encrusted.

For your stats request I could link you the sheet if you're that interested but it works out that if every member capable of wielding a 7.62 is on and using a 7.62 - which many of us don't, but none the less it's around 44% of our cap, so 11/25. 
Keeping in mind that Lobos is fairly empty at the moment so it's likely to be lower. 
For comparison police have a larger number but its a lower percentage as their cap is 40. All is fair in balance. 

60% of the faction can use a 100 round magazine. - Many don't. 
Previously proposed armoury changes that we suggested ourselves dropped that to around 40%. We do self-regulate. 

There are significant numbers of restrictions on clothing, vehicles, and equipment. For a long period of time Lobos were unable to have any gear outside of their ranked gear unless they were returning from NLR or doing a bank. This was altered due to balance, but certain weapons and equipment is still restricted. 

The housing complex in our base is almost impossible to successfully defend before multiple houses are raided and emptied with the fantastic delete function. Most members of Poseidon can't even access it. 

You haven't been in our Faction and you're making judgements from the outside. Which means that you can't appreciate how difficult it can actually be for Poseidon.

We understand the struggles of rebel life and the frustration it can cause but, our faction exists and it'll roleplay that existence and you'll just have to deal with it on the day to day. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So how many people can pull them out? Qrow isn't part of any groups according to tags, and for you to state that there is limited slots and need to pass a test for that unit you sure throw them around like you don't give a damn about losing them.
Qrow is leadership and therefore has access to this as explained before.

Yes, and many of you are in-fact in the higher slots. Would love to see a spreadsheet with how many people get access to the big guns.
Whilst I cannot provide you with the spreadsheets as these are not for public use, I can say that 22 out of 80+ members have access to the MX SW. as for 762 weaponry thats only 10 plus the people in lobos tier 2 or above (im not 100% on the tier nor the numbers who have this access, though its not very many, a lobo trainer can correct this).

You're joking right? Best thing we get for a 50 million license is an MXM without a silencer.
Slawek already said that, yeah the guns you get there arent really all that great. Though, I fail to see how that is our fault?

No-one would join, why be a rebel when you can join Posideon and get everything rebel get +more and cheaper?
There are and have been plenty of decent sized gangs in the past. If people are joining poseidon for the cheap gear then they have it all kinds of wrong lol. Our gear is either the same price or 33% discounted, depending on what it is. It should also be said that we lose our gear A LOT more often then rebels do. So money wise, we end up making a lose 9 times out of 10 and have to make money the same way that you do to support ourselves. And, as stated before, our gear selection is very limited so saying "Everything rebels get + more" is disingenuous at best.

ah, didn't realise pushing DMT's is flying. This is excatly why Posideon is a joke, you say you got restrictions. You clearly don't. (Also @ 1:16 ,3:14, 3:55).
If you feel any gear has been misused by Poseidon, please please PLEASE bring it to leadership. We are trying our damnedest to put a stop to gear misuse. It will not be shrugged off, it will be dealt with. But nothing can be done if leadership don't witness it or have no proof.

So, other than one person having an AKSU, everyone else has either a LMG or a 7.62. Yes, great 'hierarchy balance'.
We currently have 13 associates who are limited to the AKSU or the sawnoff. Then a further 14 who can only use the car95 with no silencer and only 30 round mags.

So again, you act like rebels, if you get it, you use it? What about restrictions, I thought thats the point right, you're meant to have restrictions, if not you're literally a rebel gang with benefits.
Should a member acquire a gun that they are not whitelisted to use, it must be authorized and written into the authorization list by leadership. This authorization is not just given out to anyone and everyone. It generally requires a specific purpose in mind.

If I have to explain to you how its OP how you can own a house in posideon base as a Posideon member then... Whatever...
Firstly, only members with the rank Enforcer or above can have a house. that's a grand total of 13 of us. As so how OP that is, I really don't believe it is. The houses are not covered by our purple zone, they are there for the world to see. only members who can own a house can even access the compound without someone having to open the door for them. I do this that these houses should be raid-able by anyone as at the moment only cops can (and boy do they try!)

A 5.8mm gun is amazing when it has 100 rounds, need to push a corner? Sure, just hold left click, shooting someone 500m out? Sure just bipod and hold left click. Don't forget thats what you get 2/3 tiers up in Posideon.
I mean... you can buy this too? Don't really see an issue here. You need to gain a few ranks in poseidon before you get access to this.

You don't get my point, you get the vehicles so cheap you don't care if you lose them. The reason why its balanced for rebels is if we lose it we lose 10-20 million, so we don't play risky with it. However, for you, you pay, what 50-100k? You can do what-ever you like and don't care if you lose it.
Again, see someone using poseidon gear irresponsibly? bring proof to leadership. It will not be tolerated.

Yes, the 100k ghillie I have to buy just to hide my backpack. Nice.
I mean... as Slawek said... If you are hiding in bushes in a gun fight, the fact that we have invisible backpacks really is the least of your concern... Also it should be stated that we do have some restrictions on the backpacks, for example we cannot, under punishment of being removed from the faction immediately, store weapons in said backpacks.

lol that is my whole point. I am a rebel, so thats what I can do. You're a whitelisted faction.
We are indeed a whitelisted faction and I would be a liar if I said it didn't have its perks. BUT we also have limitations.

This all happened exactly the same when UNMC were around. People complained and complained, eventually UNMC was disbanded, the people complained that the cops were getting OP as there was no longer a balancing faction around and then cried out for a new one. Hence Poseidon. Now it seems that history is doomed to repeat itself again. Unfortunately it is just the way people are. We love to complain and every complainer needs a target. I guess its us this time! 

Now it appears that we are going around in circles here so I will be no longer replying as I feel as though I have said everything I need to say. I'm sure you will come up with some new issues or videos showing how bad we are, all I can say is.... Have at it bud. I'll be on the server, playing and having fun while a lot of other people will continue banging their heads against a wall on the forums.

Have a good one!

So how many people can pull them out? Qrow isn't part of any groups according to tags, and for you to state that there is limited slots and need to pass a test for that unit you sure throw them around like you don't give a damn about losing them.
Qrow is leadership and therefore has access to this as explained before.

Yes, and many of you are in-fact in the higher slots. Would love to see a spreadsheet with how many people get access to the big guns.
Whilst I cannot provide you with the spreadsheets as these are not for public use, I can say that 22 out of 80+ members have access to the MX SW. as for 762 weaponry thats only 10 plus the people in lobos tier 2 or above (im not 100% on the tier nor the numbers who have this access, though its not very many, a lobo trainer can correct this).

You're joking right? Best thing we get for a 50 million license is an MXM without a silencer.
Slawek already said that, yeah the guns you get there arent really all that great. Though, I fail to see how that is our fault?

No-one would join, why be a rebel when you can join Posideon and get everything rebel get +more and cheaper?
There are and have been plenty of decent sized gangs in the past. If people are joining poseidon for the cheap gear then they have it all kinds of wrong lol. Our gear is either the same price or 33% discounted, depending on what it is. It should also be said that we lose our gear A LOT more often then rebels do. So money wise, we end up making a lose 9 times out of 10 and have to make money the same way that you do to support ourselves. And, as stated before, our gear selection is very limited so saying "Everything rebels get + more" is disingenuous at best.

ah, didn't realise pushing DMT's is flying. This is excatly why Posideon is a joke, you say you got restrictions. You clearly don't. (Also @ 1:16 ,3:14, 3:55).
If you feel any gear has been misused by Poseidon, please please PLEASE bring it to leadership. We are trying our damnedest to put a stop to gear misuse. It will not be shrugged off, it will be dealt with. But nothing can be done if leadership don't witness it or have no proof.

So, other than one person having an AKSU, everyone else has either a LMG or a 7.62. Yes, great 'hierarchy balance'.
We currently have 13 associates who are limited to the AKSU or the sawnoff. Then a further 14 who can only use the car95 with no silencer and only 30 round mags.

So again, you act like rebels, if you get it, you use it? What about restrictions, I thought thats the point right, you're meant to have restrictions, if not you're literally a rebel gang with benefits.
Should a member acquire a gun that they are not whitelisted to use, it must be authorized and written into the authorization list by leadership. This authorization is not just given out to anyone and everyone. It generally requires a specific purpose in mind.

If I have to explain to you how its OP how you can own a house in posideon base as a Posideon member then... Whatever...
Firstly, only members with the rank Enforcer or above can have a house. that's a grand total of 13 of us. As so how OP that is, I really don't believe it is. The houses are not covered by our purple zone, they are there for the world to see. only members who can own a house can even access the compound without someone having to open the door for them. I do this that these houses should be raid-able by anyone as at the moment only cops can (and boy do they try!)

A 5.8mm gun is amazing when it has 100 rounds, need to push a corner? Sure, just hold left click, shooting someone 500m out? Sure just bipod and hold left click. Don't forget thats what you get 2/3 tiers up in Posideon.
I mean... you can buy this too? Don't really see an issue here. You need to gain a few ranks in poseidon before you get access to this.

You don't get my point, you get the vehicles so cheap you don't care if you lose them. The reason why its balanced for rebels is if we lose it we lose 10-20 million, so we don't play risky with it. However, for you, you pay, what 50-100k? You can do what-ever you like and don't care if you lose it.
Again, see someone using poseidon gear irresponsibly? bring proof to leadership. It will not be tolerated.

Yes, the 100k ghillie I have to buy just to hide my backpack. Nice.
I mean... as Slawek said... If you are hiding in bushes in a gun fight, the fact that we have invisible backpacks really is the least of your concern... Also it should be stated that we do have some restrictions on the backpacks, for example we cannot, under punishment of being removed from the faction immediately, store weapons in said backpacks.

lol that is my whole point. I am a rebel, so thats what I can do. You're a whitelisted faction.
We are indeed a whitelisted faction and I would be a liar if I said it didn't have its perks. BUT we also have limitations.

This all happened exactly the same when UNMC were around. People complained and complained, eventually UNMC was disbanded, the people complained that the cops were getting OP as there was no longer a balancing faction around and then cried out for a new one. Hence Poseidon. Now it seems that history is doomed to repeat itself again. Unfortunately it is just the way people are. We love to complain and every complainer needs a target. I guess its us this time! 

Now it appears that we are going around in circles here so I will be no longer replying as I feel as though I have said everything I need to say. I'm sure you will come up with some new issues or videos showing how bad we are, all I can say is.... Have at it bud. I'll be on the server, playing and having fun while a lot of other people will continue banging their heads against a wall on the forums.

Have a good one!

This has been done several times, and it doesn't work, first off making a new faction from the ground up is a lot of work, not only on the development side of things either. Additionally there is nothing in place saying that the current faction cant change, the backstory isn't set in stone, neither is the purpose or activities of the faction. Perhaps try suggesting some ideas of how the current faction could change instead of just saying throw it out and start again.

Additionally making a new faction would take time, and there are many people (myself included) who dont like to play rebel or police, so just like I did when UNMC disbanded I would just go inactive until the new faction was made, and I think there are many people who would do the same so it would most likely result in a fairly decent population loss of the server.
Yeah I get that, a lot effort has been put into the faction by members of the faction, staff members and of course devs and it would be a shame to make it all undone. But that is what happened to the UNMC and I think the server was better off with a change at that time. If i remember correctly there were some backlash against UNMC for getting involved with every gunfight etc just like Poseidon are doing now but it wasn't as much backlash to UNMC back then as to how much there is towards Poseidon now.

I'd hope you take all the criticism to heart and try to improve but it does not seem likely as you can see by qrows response above mine, filled with sarcasm not showing any signs of wanting to improve and that is coming from a faction leader which makes it even worse.

Not gonna lie Poseidon currently is a cash cow. I play more as NHS (30k /15 min + 4K /revive) than I do as Poseidon, and even then my bank cannot sustain - every week or so I need to do a run to keep my bank balance straight. My gear costs 250k a time at the first proper ranks, and realistically the first plausible weapon you get (similar to the spar 16 or Mx weapons you get lower down in the police)

let’s not forget police have AR, Mpu &NCA to the better weapons as well as AFO - Poseidon only Have lobos and boat trained as we as our AFO has 5 slots and the lack of NCA(so no middle ground for better weapons)

Having been on both sides and still on both sides i can tell you poseidon gear is fucking expensive now. As rebel i buy a mk18 loadout everytime. Around 450k

As poseidon i buy car95-1 out of having too. Price 450k

The arguement poseidon is cheap gear is wrong now. 66% is still a lot. There vehicles however are cheap and i think should be.

Poseidon is a good faction i just think it needs work doing (after saving rebel though please haha)

Poseidon need:

- Remove ownership of land

- they need to be able to use all of the mines, then have a section in factory where they can craft weapons. 

- some sort of auction house where they can sell these weapons and undercut dodgy dave whilst lining there pocket

- they should have a drug dealer that only poseidon members can use, meaning high grade weed will sell at kav dealer OR you could sell your truck to a poseidon member for a bit more than you would get from the dealer then they can go to there dealer and sell for slightly more. 

I believe some of these changes would completely change the direction of poseidon and definitely help the poseidon/rebel relationship. These would increase traffic on all types of runs to make guns giving police more to do/rebels more to rob and money and weapons to be made on poseidons end. 

Those changes would change the way people look at poseidon and also they are then NEEDED by rebels for cheaper weapons and more money from runs when dealing DIRECTLY with poseidon members. 

I personally think it would be fun and would encourage people to do more runs and interact more. 

The cartel should be controlling drugs and weapons for a better price than the non roleplay signs. Encourages roleplay and gives purpose. 

I'd hope you take all the criticism to heart and try to improve but it does not seem likely as you can see by qrows response above mine, filled with sarcasm not showing any signs of wanting to improve and that is coming from a faction leader which makes it even worse.
If you provide constructive criticism such as: Poseidon always do X and that is bad, they should do Y instead. Then it will be taken into account by members of Poseidon leadership, however the majority of comments on this thread relating to Poseidon are just saying to remove it because they dont like it, which gets a bit tiring. Instead of people calmly explaining what they dont like and how they it can be fixed. And im not one of those people sitting here saying that Poseidon is flawless, I think it has a very large number of problems but I do think that removing this Faction and starting again would be a really bad move, instead we should just iterate on what we already have and slowly over time with incremental changes mold Poseidon into a better faction.

If you provide constructive criticism such as: Poseidon always do X and that is bad, they should do Y instead. Then it will be taken into account by members of Poseidon leadership, however the majority of comments on this thread relating to Poseidon are just saying to remove it because they dont like it, which gets a bit tiring. Instead of people calmly explaining what they dont like and how they it can be fixed. And im not one of those people sitting here saying that Poseidon is flawless, I think it has a very large number of problems but I do think that removing this Faction and starting again would be a really bad move, instead we should just iterate on what we already have and slowly over time with incremental changes mold Poseidon into a better faction.
Well @GHOSTK1LL3R made quite a few good points in his posts. @Charles Vane also has some interesting ideas on how to give poseidon a purpose.

A few things that I think would make the server better and Poseidon better.

First is give Poseidon a purpose, now I am not the most creative person but I am sure someone can come up with something and add that to what charles already said.

Enforce rules and or make rules stricter. Ghost shows a video where a poseidon member runs around 3-4 gunfights with a pilot helmet on. Clearly someone gave it to him or he had access to get one out and nobody said anything. On the other hand if rebels had access to pilot helmets aswell this wouldn't be an unfair advantage.

Let us rob Poseidon houses, maybe this one is for the devs I am not sure if there is a reason why we can't rob them or if it is just a bug.

Let us steal Poseidon ifritts in the scrap dealer like we can steal police hunters, again not sure if that is just a bug or intentional.

Make ifritts actually cost something, 50k is ridiculous and since it is just rented you won't lose anything if you lose it. If rebel pay 3 mil then I think 2 mil for Poseidon would be fair.

Don't get involved with other peoples gunfights unless there is a point.

Remove the border pass, doesn't make much sense to have a border pass when there is no physical border. Maybe even remove Poseidon lands completely and maybe just give you control of Pyrgos and the surrounding area.

I'm sure there are a lot of other things, these are just on the top of my head rn

Let us steal Poseidon ifritts in the scrap dealer like we can steal police hunters, again not sure if that is just a bug or intentional.
when you steal a Poseidon ifrit it will go into your Poseidon garage so if you was to join Poseidon it would be there ,if im not mistaken that is 

when you steal a Poseidon ifrit it will go into your Poseidon garage so if you was to join Poseidon it would be there ,if im not mistaken that is 
Yep you're correct, can confirm as of 2 days ago.

Having been on both sides and still on both sides i can tell you poseidon gear is fucking expensive now. As rebel i buy a mk18 loadout everytime. Around 450k

As poseidon i buy car95-1 out of having too. Price 450k

The arguement poseidon is cheap gear is wrong now. 66% is still a lot. There vehicles however are cheap and i think should be.

Poseidon is a good faction i just think it needs work doing (after saving rebel though please haha)

Poseidon need:

- Remove ownership of land

- they need to be able to use all of the mines, then have a section in factory where they can craft weapons. 

- some sort of auction house where they can sell these weapons and undercut dodgy dave whilst lining there pocket

- they should have a drug dealer that only poseidon members can use, meaning high grade weed will sell at kav dealer OR you could sell your truck to a poseidon member for a bit more than you would get from the dealer then they can go to there dealer and sell for slightly more. 

I believe some of these changes would completely change the direction of poseidon and definitely help the poseidon/rebel relationship. These would increase traffic on all types of runs to make guns giving police more to do/rebels more to rob and money and weapons to be made on poseidons end. 

Those changes would change the way people look at poseidon and also they are then NEEDED by rebels for cheaper weapons and more money from runs when dealing DIRECTLY with poseidon members. 

I personally think it would be fun and would encourage people to do more runs and interact more. 

The cartel should be controlling drugs and weapons for a better price than the non roleplay signs. Encourages roleplay and gives purpose. 
Charles, that's actually a fantastic idea with the making of weapons that we see in some sort of auction house. Really a nice idea mate

Pretty sure this happens to a other stuff that have the skin. Most likely a bug/ just not set up right

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to fix clamming 

bearded-clam-costume-headpiece.png

Thats the end of this thread

Thank you to everyone that contributed

I will take more non development related ideas from this for future votes and changes, for those using this as a development suggestion/discussion we have a new system for that where people can vote on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back