What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change is needed and the floor is open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there is like 1 or 2 admins in poseidon and like 10 in the cops🤷🏼‍♂️ 
Yea today there is, but what about back then?

I'm just recounting my experience, and mentioning that this was the reason i stopped. 🙂

The UNMC was much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The UNMC was much better.
Roleplay wise? No, i would however say that unmc had a clearer purpose than Poseidon has currently. This happens with every third whitelisted faction on any server just a bunch of whining and no constructive criticism or evidence of it even happening.

@Chukwuemecka If all you want to do is spread negativity round and not even give the server a chance with the current change going then don't comment. You do not understand the amount of time put into this change. So if you got nothing constructive to add don't comment. 

Whats the point bringing up the past maybe play the server and see how things are now?
The past is the reason behind this. 

I have spent around 1000hours+ on this server. I have enjoyed every single moment of it, it's the best RP server in my opinion.

But.

When Poseidon came into the picture, the RP experience felt apart. The system seems to be corrupt at some point. I found the UNMC days way better! They had a purpose.

Regards,,,,

@Chukwuemecka If all you want to do is spread negativity round and not even give the server a chance with the current change going then don't comment. You do not understand the amount of time put into this change. So if you got nothing constructive to add don't comment. 
I'm not intending to spread negativity, the man asked a question and i answered.

And my constructive thing as i mentioned earlier is that getting rid of the poseidon would be great, they resulted in my quit back then 🙂 I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one having it this way. 

Alright if you dont see any point on playing the server then leave the forums and stop crying adios 👋🏼👋🏼
I dont see the issue in my suggestion for change? Aint this thread an open forum about that change is needed?

My overall point was just that poseidon is the issue in my view, it's also after their arrival that the player numbers has been dropping for real 😃

I dont see the issue in my suggestion for change? Aint this thread an open forum about that change is needed?

My overall point was just that poseidon is the issue in my view, it's also after their arrival that the player numbers has been dropping for real 😃
The only thing you keep mentioning is 'Remove Poseidon'. You haven't justified this what so ever. The only thing you have said is Poseidon Admin Bias and considering we don't deal with any reports against our players I don't see how that's true (Heck I think I have banned/warned more Poseidon than Police 😂😂). If you have something constructive to say with reasoning/examples then go ahead and state that but just saying 'Remove Poseidon' over and over makes you sound like a broken record.

You could wipe everyone's inventory's, forcing them to restart, which means people will have an objective to work towards.
I +1 this, Yesterday I had to ask the developers to reset my account because I just felt no reason to play on the server when I have everything unlocked and had money pouring out my pores; it's no fun when you have everything already.

The only thing you keep mentioning is 'Remove Poseidon'. You haven't justified this what so ever. The only thing you have said is Poseidon Admin Bias and considering we don't deal with any reports against our players I don't see how that's true (Heck I think I have banned/warned more Poseidon than Police 😂😂). If you have something constructive to say with reasoning/examples then go ahead and state that but just saying 'Remove Poseidon' over and over makes you sound like a broken record.
My conslusion is just that they are a problem, and a possible cause of this. So i came up with a solution.. Then whats the issue? take it or leave it

I know several people that thinks this as well

I can actually justify, i have evidense and examples. It's just way too much to put in here.

Poseidon goes -> everyone to rebel -> remove xyz gang cus they too good. It is inevitable to happen whatever the case. Poseidon do need a greater range of things to do, to stop Poseidon interfering with others for no reason, but what can you do. 

My conslusion is just that they are a problem, and a possible cause of this. So i came up with a solution.. Then whats the issue? take it or leave it

I know several people that thinks this as well

I can actually justify, i have evidense and examples. It's just way too much to put in here.
Okay so for sake of arquement lets say Poseidon removed. When the UNMC was removed it lead to gunfight happy gangs leading to more gunfights and people getting banned along with this police started majorly attacking rebels and it became unbalance. Poseidon is here to create that balance just like the UNMC used to do so rebels dont getting bullied by police . However mate i do understand that SOME Poseidon members can create problems with cops and rebels and this is what gives a bad image but dont give us all that bad image when its only a few responsible. 

So mate thats why we are here. So put bluntly unless you want to get bullied by police everyday and have gunfight happy gangs being created and people getting banned just leave it and other than saying "remove it" create suggestions that can help Poseidon improve.

People get very hung up on the fact that if you create a gang wich is a more gung ho very rebel more often then not gunfight type gang will get banned. History might show this as something you should expect,  but we have changed...

Its when people break the rules and have the intentions to break rules or in general dissrupt the natural state of RP. This is when you get the attention of the staff team.

Every gang created and the people in charge are expected to follow the rules, simple as. There is no problem with a gunfight,  but the second a gunfight errupts, the talking bit goes out the window . Very rarely to things deescalate to a talking level again.

If people actually value the RP before (maybe during a gunfight) and after the situation. More people will walk away (or F) out of there "happy".

Hi,

Some of you know me some of you dont. I have been around for a long time and always been here as the server has changed. However as Wilco states numbers are dropping. In my opinion this is due to a number of reasons some controllable by the staff and some external. I will be addressing the controllable factors in this post and hope it helps.

When I started on the island rebel life was fun and exciting and there was no white-listed faction. In my opinion this was the best time. However white-listed factions are fun and do have their perks. Although by having a white-listed faction it has dropped rebel numbers, if you look occasionally you see 20+ Poseidon, 25+ Police in evenings, 10+ Hobos, 5+ Medics and then the rest rebels. The rebel players are divided amongst gangs meaning most gangs operate with around 5-10 players a night. This limits the balance of things they can do as often sheer numbers of police or Poseidon overpower rebel players. People may call this whining, but its actually fact. Which is fun and annoying as it means rebel life is costly and quite often one sided to losing. This never used to be the case a few years back. I think a solution to this, however some who are in white listed factions may disagree is to alter the cap on how many police and Poseidon can be on at one time to balance out the confrontations and not make everything one sided because 35 is way to high 20 would be suffice. Rules that forbid white listed players from playing rebel should also be removed. A player could have two separate identities and therefore play both making it more fun for everyone as rebel numbers clearly need a boost.

Another aspect is costs, costs could be decreased to make new players encouraged to grind a little bit but also not feel so far behind long term players. This could help stimulate growth in new players as often I have found they feel left behind.

If any of this helps that is great, please feel free to let me know what you guys think.

Many thanks,

Ross.

Hi,

Some of you know me some of you dont. I have been around for a long time and always been here as the server has changed. However as Wilco states numbers are dropping. In my opinion this is due to a number of reasons some controllable by the staff and some external. I will be addressing the controllable factors in this post and hope it helps.

When I started on the island rebel life was fun and exciting and there was no white-listed faction. In my opinion this was the best time. However white-listed factions are fun and do have their perks. Although by having a white-listed faction it has dropped rebel numbers, if you look occasionally you see 20+ Poseidon, 25+ Police in evenings, 10+ Hobos, 5+ Medics and then the rest rebels. The rebel players are divided amongst gangs meaning most gangs operate with around 5-10 players a night. This limits the balance of things they can do as often sheer numbers of police or Poseidon overpower rebel players. People may call this whining, but its actually fact. Which is fun and annoying as it means rebel life is costly and quite often one sided to losing. This never used to be the case a few years back. I think a solution to this, however some who are in white listed factions may disagree is to alter the cap on how many police and Poseidon can be on at one time to balance out the confrontations and not make everything one sided because 35 is way to high 20 would be suffice. Rules that forbid white listed players from playing rebel should also be removed. A player could have two separate identities and therefore play both making it more fun for everyone as rebel numbers clearly need a boost.

Another aspect is costs, costs could be decreased to make new players encouraged to grind a little bit but also not feel so far behind long term players. This could help stimulate growth in new players as often I have found they feel left behind.

If any of this helps that is great, please feel free to let me know what you guys think.

Many thanks,

Ross.
a bit slow on this one, as you suggestion has been put in place ages ago. there is cap on amount of whitelisted faction.

a bit slow on this one, as you suggestion has been put in place ages ago. there is cap on amount of whitelisted faction.
Hello Killersky, you are correct but also haven't read what I said correctly as I suggested lowering the cap. Hope this helps!

Hello Killersky, you are correct but also haven't read what I said correctly as I suggested lowering the cap. Hope this helps!
i am not sure about the cops, but the cap on poseidon is 25, and only get completely filled up during an meeting. since we hold the meeting ingame instead off teamspeak exclusive.
apart from that i have never seen out numbers reach over civ or cops in peak times.

i am not sure about the cops, but the cap on poseidon is 25, and only get completely filled up during an meeting. since we hold the meeting ingame instead off teamspeak exclusive.
apart from that i have never seen out numbers reach over civ or cops in peak times.
it did yesterday when there was 22 poseidon doing bank against 16 cops ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back