What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change upgrade prices of storage containers

Ben Clark

I think the upgrade prices are a bit steep for storage containers. I feel like its cheaper to buy a new container than upgrade your current container. Back in the day storage containers was cheap to upgrade but I feel like the price needed to be higher but its been bumped up to high. 

Level 2 Storage: £2500000
Level 3 Storage: £5000000 

Not sure what level 4 storage is but I can assume its is a higher price. With the current price its hard to make that sort of money just for upgrades. The way you make money in the server it going to be a hard grind just to make 2.5m - 5m just for 5k storage upgrades it would be cheaper to buy a container for door price (If you find one) or cheaper to buy one second hand off someone. This could balance the containers out where people don't need to own 10 - 50 containers. If the price was cheaper they could upgrade them at a fair price. I think a fair price to upgrade a container would be 500k - 1 million per upgrade. 

Pros:

Less of a grind to upgrade storage containers 
Might see more container on the Market place

Cons:
People might still be greedy and keep 10 - 50 containers
Dev Work 

+1 Aint nobody spending 5 million to get 5k more storage, can literally buy 3 containers of 5k storage for the same price 

+1 i can see why it was initially done but now its been too long and the price is way too expensive

This is something I have thought for a while. The price for these upgrades are quite extreme for what they are. At the moment people are buying 5k containers instead of upgrading them as it’s better for your money. Having the upgrades cheaper might make people upgrade a couple of there containers they have and then sell the unnecessary ones they have, which will then make more on the market for the people who are struggling to buy one. It’s a +1 from me. 

Yeah it’s ridiculously priced , it would also mean people wouldn’t need to own 3-4 5k containers , freeing up containers so they ain’t so hard to find. 

+1

+1 I reckon there should be a capped amount of containers 1 person can own for example someone can only own 2 or 3 containers and the game will not let them buy anymore 

+1 I use mine to hold onto buisness assets and it's a nuciance having to have multiple ones all over the place when I use them for legit legal use, I'd love to keep it to 1/2 but used to have 5 all over the shot

limit the amount of storage containers per person ( like houses ) make it 1 per person....
I agree with reducing the price of upgrading, but I don’t think limiting the amount people can have is a great idea. Some people, like gang leads for example, own quite a few for specific purposes and limiting that would make things impossible on some occasions. 

I agree with reducing the price of upgrading, but I don’t think limiting the amount people can have is a great idea. Some people, like gang leads for example, own quite a few for specific purposes and limiting that would make things impossible on some occasions. 
I agree with Edwago.

I can see where you're coming from and the asset behind it but most gangs also have individuals dealing with certain areas of business, in my opinion it should be that individuals responsibility to then store those assets.  1x 10k container is more than enough for a individual. 

Back in the day storage containers were cheap to upgrade
It was increased in the first place since they made gang safes obsolete as gang safes were more expensive than storage containers were to upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was increased in the first place since they made gang safes obsolete as gang safes were more expensive than storage containers were to upgrade.
The original suggestion that caused this was Make gang safes cheaper not make both of them entirely brokenly expensive.

I agree that storage container upgrades should have been increased compared to the amount they were to upgrade, which was a step in the right direction but i think it went from one extreme to the other and it still didnt fix the gang safe suggestion regardless they are still obsolute its still better to buy storage containers.

The first upgrade was 100k when the containers were first implemented which was absolutly retarded but going from 100k to 2.5 mil is exagerared.

Suggestion to change upgrade costs:

Level 2: £1 000 000

Level 3: £2 000 000

Level 4: £3 500 000

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment it costs what 25million to max one out, and for the same money you could buy around 15 5k containers and have 75k storage instead of 25k on just 1 container hence players having loads of containers instead of 1 big one

Lowering the price would be good even if it was 1mil per upgrade, or maybe make it so you need other stuff also, so to upgrade you need 1mil and 500 steel inside the thing or something like that ? Maybe abit to complex tho?

I slightlty agree with you but every gang I know has serveral "higher ups" so would have to utilise more of the gang or group to maxmise storage potential, not just the leader hogging 15 containers xD

+ containers are practicly invisible to police so forcing gangs to work out other storage with memebers or use gang storage makes it a little more fair IMO

I slightlty agree with you but every gang I know has serveral "higher ups" so would have to utilise more of the gang or group to maxmise storage potential, not just the leader hogging 15 containers xD
I see your point but that would then mean none of those higher ups could have their own personal container as well. 

Back