What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change upgrade prices of storage containers

Ben Clark

I think the upgrade prices are a bit steep for storage containers. I feel like its cheaper to buy a new container than upgrade your current container. Back in the day storage containers was cheap to upgrade but I feel like the price needed to be higher but its been bumped up to high. 

Level 2 Storage: £2500000
Level 3 Storage: £5000000 

Not sure what level 4 storage is but I can assume its is a higher price. With the current price its hard to make that sort of money just for upgrades. The way you make money in the server it going to be a hard grind just to make 2.5m - 5m just for 5k storage upgrades it would be cheaper to buy a container for door price (If you find one) or cheaper to buy one second hand off someone. This could balance the containers out where people don't need to own 10 - 50 containers. If the price was cheaper they could upgrade them at a fair price. I think a fair price to upgrade a container would be 500k - 1 million per upgrade. 

Pros:

Less of a grind to upgrade storage containers 
Might see more container on the Market place

Cons:
People might still be greedy and keep 10 - 50 containers
Dev Work 

I see your point but that would then mean none of those higher ups could have their own personal container as well. 
Not completely true. The container is still theirs. They can still use it for personal use but I believe if you're a leader or higher up in any gang or organisation you take with you the responsibility of that. So if you're the head of some department it becomes your role to manage it accordingly. You don't need to share container codes to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 they need to be cheaper makes no sense why there so expensive, i get what IA3 said about making it so gang safe's aren't obsolete but think just screws over everyone else who isn't in a gang. 

It was increased in the first place since they made gang safes obsolete as gang safes were more expensive than storage containers were to upgrade.
I don’t see how it made gang safes obsolete. We still used to and still use our gang safes just as much as containers, maybe even more. I get that it gives gangs a better chance to hide coke etc in bulk amounts but there is also a large amount that use the containers for mining, fruit and stuff like that.

Increasing the prices made things worse by  people stockpiling containers as it is currently cheaper to buy 3-4 containers and get 15-20k storage than upgrade one to the same storage amount. This makes it even easier for gangs to hide illegal stuff across multiple locations and limits the market evenmore for containers as people are hording them. 

I don’t see how it made gang safes obsolete. We still used to use our gang safes just as much as containers
Nope, people started using storage containers more than gang safes originally since it was cheaper to upgrade them and they don't have to be on a gang turf (more hidden).

Back